About the Bluesound Powernode
A streaming music system for the audio enthusiast
A streaming music system for the audio enthusiast
Enjoy high-end audio throughout your home. While there are many streaming speakers in today's audio landscape, Bluesound's multi-room music system focuses on giving you the most from high-resolution audio files. The makers of NAD electronics and PSB speakers used their years of audio experience to create this line of multi-room audio gear for the discerning listener. And you can control the Bluesound system using a free app for smartphone or tablet.
Hi-fi streaming through your favorite stereo speakers
Meet the Bluesound Powernode, a wireless music player with a high-performance stereo amplifier built in, for driving virtually any pair of speakers you choose. It may be small, but it's powerful enough to drive a pair of floor-standing speakers. The Powernode utilizes the advanced technology of NAD digital music processing and amplification.
DirectDigital™ amplifier technology reduces noise and distortion
Bluesound's DirectDigital Amplifier uses the same technology that's found in NAD's Masters Series products. These amplifiers use a streamlined signal path and internal digital-to-analog converters with exceptional speed and accuracy. The result? You'll experience less distortion, deeper bass, and more texture and clarity than with other wireless music players.
A wide variety of music options
Bluesound was designed to play just about any digital music you might have in your collection, including high-resolution files up to 24-bit/192kHz. Access the music stored on your computer or a networked hard drive, or tap into Internet radio stations and online streaming services like Rdio™, Spotify®, TIDAL, and Rhapsody (subscription required for some services). You can also enjoy downloads from high-res music sites such as HDtracks. Each Bluesound player also features a USB input for playing files "locally" from a thumb drive or hard drive, so if a friend brings over their favorite album or playlist, you can listen to it through your system.
Create a high-resolution multi-room music system
Combine multiple Bluesound players to enjoy high-end sound throughout your home.
- Node: This small player connects to an amplified system, like a bookshelf audio system or a home theater system.
- Pulse: This all-in-one player is perfect for almost any room. It has built-in PSB speakers for great sound in a compact package.
- Vault: If you've amassed a large collection of CDs, then the Vault was designed for you. It's a storage drive designed with the audio enthusiast in mind. This drive defaults to bit-perfect recording of your CDs, letting you experience every detail without switching discs every time you want to hear a new track or album.
Place a Pulse in your kitchen, attach a Node to your home audio system, and use the PowerNode to drive your high-end speakers.
Control in the palm of your hand
In addition to creating high-end music players, Bluesound also developed free apps for Apple® and Android™ so you can control the system easily with your portable device. Pull up the app on your smartphone or tablet and you can select songs and adjust volume. Play music in one room, all rooms, or different tracks in different spaces around your home.
The Absolute Sound's 2014 Product of the Year Awards: All-In-One System of the Year
The designers at NAD and PSB have come up with a brilliant solution to the problem of high-res, whole-house audio that combines superb sound reproduction with twenty-first-century connectivity.
— From The Absolute Sound January, 2015
- built-in stereo amplifier rated at 80 watts total into 4 ohms
- DirectDigital amplifier design renders digital music sources with fine detail, even at low volumes
- communicates with other Bluesound players via your home network (wired or wireless)
- control the system with a free app for your smartphone, tablet, or computer (Android™, iOS®, Kindle Fire, Windows®, and Mac®)
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- supported sample rates: 32kHz to 192kHz
- plays Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through your Bluesound system via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription; firmware and app version 1.10.0 or higher)
- plays streaming audio from TIDAL, Rdio™, Rhapsody, and Murfie
- play music in multiple rooms when you add other Bluesound players
- top controls for volume and muting
- USB port for connecting a thumb drive with music files
- speaker terminals accept banana plugs or bare wire
- RCA output for connecting optional powered subwoofer
- Ethernet port
- compatible with Windows® (XP or higher operating system)
- compatible with Mac®
- operates on AC power (detachable cord included)
- weight: 4.2 lbs.
- 9-3/4"W x 7"H x 8-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires smartphone or tablet with free Bluesound app for control of system playback
- requires high-speed Internet connection
- MFR # Powernode N150 White
What's in the box:
- Amplified music player
- 6.5' AC power cord (120V)
- 6.5' AC power cord (240V)
- 6.5' Ethernet cable
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Quick Setup Guide
- Safety Manual
More details on the Bluesound Powernode
Direct Digital Amplifier: The Bluesound PowerNode employs patented Direct Digital amplification by NAD Electronics. The Direct Digital amplifier is rated at 80-watts total power into 4-ohms with 0.005% THD. Direct Digital amplifier technology provides rich, clear, and distortion free sound.
Note: The Bluesound D30 2.1 Sub/Sat system (813D30B/W, sold separately) makes the perfect companion for the PowerNode.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Bluesound PowerNode can be connected to your home network and Internet provider via a hardwired Ethernet (RJ-45) jack connector or wireless WiFi (802.11n) connection. Either network/internet connection allows you to stream music from your Windows or Mac computer and NAS drive (such as the Bluesound Vault, sold separately); as well as stream select online music services.
- Computer Audio: Thanks to its network connection, the PowerNode can access your digital music stored on your network connected Microsoft Windows (XP/2000/Vista/7) PC or Apple Macintosh OS X computer. You are able to select and playback the digital audio files that are on your PC or computer via the free downloadable app on your iOS or android device. The PowerNode supports MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF music files with bit-rates of 16/24-bit and native sampling rates of 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192kHz.
- Online Music Services: With a network and internet
connection, the PowerNode lets you access select online music services.
- TuneIn: TuneIn is a free online music service that offers over 70,000 Internet radio stations; including music, sports, news, and entertainment. You can listen to local stations or discover new stations from around the world. You are able to search for music by genre (Adult Contemporary, Classical, Country, Reggae, etc.), location (continent and country), and language (English, French, Spanish, etc). You also get access to talk radio and podcasts. In addition, you can save your favorite Internet radio stations as "My Favorites".
- Rdio: Rdio is an online digital music with a catalog of 20 million songs and interruptions or advertisements. Rdio makes it easy to find what you're looking for, whether it's an artist, album, song, or a custom playlist. A $10.00 per-month Rdio subscription is required.
- Spotify Connect: Through Spotify Connect, you can enjoy over 20 million songs, easily streamed to the Bluesound device through your home network, either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet; with simple control on any iOS or Android device. Requires Spotify app and a premium subscription; firmware and app version 1.10.0 or higher.
Note: This device needs to be connected to your home's network and the internet in order to access music on your computer, Internet radio stations, and online streaming music services. A paid subscription may be required to access some streaming music or internet radio services. An internet connection is also required for software/hardware updates. This unit can be connected to the internet using a LAN-based, DSL, Wi-Fi or cable modem connection.
USB (Type-A) Input: The Bluesound PowerNode features a USB (type-A) port to directly connect your USB mass storage class (MSC) device; such as a thumbdrive,or external hard-drive. The unit's USB port supports music playback from these compatible USB devices formatted in FAT 32. The USB port is not compatible with the direct connection of an Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android devices.
Note: There is also a mini-USB (type-B) port that is used for service purposes only (not for consumer use). Only authorized service personnel can access this USB port.
Free Control App for iOS & Android: You can download the free Bluesound Remote App from iTunes or GooglePlay in order to use your Apple iOS (5.0+) or Android (2.1+) device to control the PowerNode. You are able to browse your local music library from a NAS or Windows/Mac computer on your network. You can also search for and listen to online music from TuneIn and rdio. In addition, you can create, edit, and retrieve your favorite music playlists. The Bluesound Remote App even provides artist/song/album information and Album Art. The remote app can be used in portrait or landscape mode. There are three main screens; the Center Screen which has the playback controls and source information, the Menu Screen which is swiped in from the left side, and the Players Screen which is swiped in from the right side. Simply pinch, swipe, and tap the screen of your iOS or Android device to make selections. If you have multiple Bluesound devices on the same network, you can use the Bluesound Remote App to control each of them separately. You are able to play the same music track or different music tracks at the same volume or different volume level.
Note: You can also download the free Bluesound Remote App onto your Windows (XP/2000/Vista/7) PC or Mac OSX computer.
Spring Post Speaker Terminals: The Bluesound PowerNode is equipped with four spring post speaker terminals to connect a pair of loudspeakers. The terminals will accept single or dual banana plug connectors or bare wire. The plastic terminal caps must first be removed in order to use banana plugs.
Subwoofer Output: The PowerNode features a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connecting an external powered subwoofer to your speaker system.
Detachable Power Cord: The Bluesound PowerNode is powered by standard household current using the supplied 6.5' detachable AC power cord.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked