About the Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i
One high-performance sound bar
The compact Pulse Soundbar 2i is wall-mountable, and also has optional kickstands for cabinet top placement. (TV not included).
One high-performance sound bar
The Soundbar 2i delivers audio quality that'll please demanding movie and music lovers. This compact bar features a 6-speaker array to fill your room with spacious, fully detailed sound. And it can be part of a Bluesound wireless multi-room audio system. Enjoy top-notch sound from all your wireless music sources, including high-res files from a network-attached storage drive. And you can stream audio from your TV to Bluesound speakers in other rooms.
Wireless Dolby® Digital surround sound
The Pulse Soundbar 2i has two 1" tweeters, two 2" midrange drivers, and two 4" woofers, angled for wide dispersion. Two 4" passive bass radiators strengthen low frequencies for greater impact. But you don't have to stop there.
Create a wireless 5.1 surround sound system by adding a Bluesound Pulse Sub for even stronger bass and two Pulse Flex 2i speakers for the rear channels. The sound bar has Dolby Digital decoding built in. It wirelessly sends true Dolby rear-channel sound to the Pulse Flex 2i speakers and low bass to the subwoofer. That puts you right in the middle of an immersive home theater soundstage.
Selectable listening modes
The Pulse Soundbar 2i lets you tailor the sound with selectable listening modes. Two dialogue enhancing modes make it easier to understand what's being said. The wide cinema mode opens up the soundstage — great for epic blockbusters. There's also a wide music mode, so you can play a live concert Blu-ray and feel like you're in the audience.
Compatible with AirPlay 2*
Built-in Apple AirPlay 2 technology lets you stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Bluesound system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Bluesound speakers or components you want it to play through.
*Firmware update required.
High-quality two-way Bluetooth streaming
The Soundbar 2i features aptX® HD Bluetooth streaming for higher-fidelity sound with compatible Bluetooth devices. The system is backward-compatible with earlier forms of Bluetooth, too. You can even share that Bluetooth source with other Bluesound music players around your house that are connected to your network. And for convenient late-night listening, you can also stream wirelessly from the Soundbar 2i to a paired set of wireless headphones.
A universe of music options
Bluesound is compatible with virtually all digital music formats — including high-resolution files up to 24-bit/192kHz. Access the music stored on your computer or a networked hard drive. Stream from internet radio stations and online services like Spotify®, Deezer, and TIDAL (including their high-res MQA service tier). You can also enjoy downloads from high-res music sites such as HDtracks.
A USB input conveniently lets you play files "locally" from a flash drive or hard drive — ideal when friends come over with their own music.
Control it all with an app
The BlueOS controller app is a free download for both Apple® and Android™ devices. Select songs from your smartphone or tablet. The app displays all of your music services, internet radio stations, and digital music libraries stored on your computer or server. Play music in one room, all rooms, or different tracks in different spaces around your home through BluOS-compatible speakers and players.
- communicates with other Bluesound players via your home network (wired or wireless)
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, FLAC, MQA, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- supported sample rates: 32kHz to 192kHz
- supported bit depths 16-24
- two 1" tweeters, two 2" midrange drivers, two 4" woofers, and two 4" passive bass radiators
- power output: 120 watts (20W per channel)
- frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
BluOS Controller app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- set up and customize your BluOS speakers and players
- control multi-room playback with two or more Bluesound speakers or components
- select Bluetooth as an input, then redistribute the stream to other rooms via Wi-Fi
- access music stored on smartphone, tablet, computer or network drive
- stream from-compatible services such as Spotify Premium, TIDAL, Amazon Music, TuneIn, and Deezer (subscriptions may be required)
Wireless surround sound options:
- add two Pulse Flex 2is for wireless rear channel speakers
- add a wireless Pulse Sub for high-impact bass with your movies
- true Dolby Digital decoding with 4.1-channel downmixing delivers wraparound sound
- selectable wide cinema, dialogue enhancement, and late night listening modes
Inputs and outputs:
- USB Type-A port for connecting a flash drive with music files
- combination mini-optical/stereo minijack audio input
- HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) input for connecting your TV
- eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports advanced surround sound formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- RCA mono subwoofer output
- Ethernet port
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming with aptX support for better sound with compatible devices
- Bluetooth streaming to paired headphones or speakers
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- firmware update required
- built-in dual band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- wall mountable (bracket and hardware included)
- detachable AC power cord
- 42-1/4"W x 5-1/2"H x 2-3/4"D
- weight: 15 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Pulse SB2i-WH
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 5' HDMI cable
- 59" Optical digital cable
- 58" Ethernet cable
- 59" Stereo minijack cable
- 2 Kickstand feet
- 4 Pair of kickstand feet extenders
- Wall-mount bracket
- Quick Setup Guide
- Wall-mount template
- Warranty Information
- Information booklet
More details on the Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.0|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Tweeter||1" Dome (2)|
|Midrange||2" Cone (2)|
|Woofer||4" Cone (2)|
|System Frequency Response||70-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||120|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 5.0|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 b/g/n/ac|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||5-5/8H x42-1/4W x 2-3/4D|
|Sound Bar Weight||15 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Tree-Way/Tri-Amplified Speaker Design: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i features six integrated high-performance drivers and two advanced passive radiators, resulting in a fully immersive sonic experience that delivers room-filling sound. Utilizing a unique three-way, tri-amplified speaker design, each driver inside the Pulse Soundbar 2i is driven by its own dedicated amplified channel where the low and high frequencies are seamlessly blended using DSP-powered crossover filters. Each driver is housed in individually optimized chambers to eliminate vibrations, allowing the soundbar speaker to deliver the deepest bass without any distortion. The Pulse Soundbar 2i's stylish black cabinet is constructed from extruded aluminum which is known for its unyielding rigidity and strength, while allowing the largest possible interior volume due to thin wall construction.
Optional Powered Sub & Rear Speakers: You can add and optional wireless powered subwoofer and wireless rear speakers (all sold separately) to the Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i to create a more immersive 4.1ch home theater system.
- Wireless Powered Subwoofer (sold separately): The Pulse Soundbar 2i can be paired wirelessly to up to two optional powered subwoofers for greater bass extension. Thanks to the Pulse Soundbar 2i's built-in wireless transmitter, you can wirelessly connect the Bluesound Pulse Sub (sold separately) for bigger bass performance. In addition, Bluesound's RT100 Wireless Speaker Link (sold separately) can be used to wirelessly connect almost any powered subwoofer with a line-level input to the Pulse Soundbar. The Pulse Soundbar 2i also features a mono-RCA subwoofer output for adding practically any powered sub (sold separately) with a line-level input and built-in low-pass crossover.
- Wireless Rear Speakers (sold separately): Along with an optional powered subwoofer, you can use a pair of Bluesound Pulse 2i, Mini 2i, or Flex 2i speakers (sold separately) as wireless surround speakers to create a 4.1ch home theater system. While the Pulse Soundbar 2i will support up to 7.1ch Dolby Digital decoding, the audio is dowmixed to 4.1ch with the center channel information fed into both the front left and right channels.
HDMI ARC: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i features one HDMI ARC output to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI ARC input. The Pulse Soundbar 2i's HDMI ARC output allows audio from your TV to be sent to the soundbar speaker. The HDMI ARC output supports Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch) and 2ch PCM.
- Some televisions will only pass 2ch PCM through the ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, and will only pass Dolby Digital via the TV's built-in tuner, network apps, or USB.
- Via a future firmware update (no scheduled ETA), the soundbar will also support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) via an available firmware update. eARC will support uncomprerssed audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, & DTS HD Master Audio - where standard ARC was limited to Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD, and PCM.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The Pulse Soundbar 2i is outfitted with both analog and digital audio inputs. There is one optical (toslink) digital input to connect to your TV's optical output. The unit supports 2ch PCM & 5.1ch Dolby Digital audio (Dolby Digital will be down-mixed to 2ch). There is also a stereo minijack (3.5mm) analog input for connecting an analog audio source.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Audio Settings: The Pulse Soundbar 2i offers a Dialogue Enhancement mode for clear movie dialogue, a Late Night Listening Mode for compressing the soundbar's dynamic range while watching movies late at night, plus Bass & Treble adjustment to fine tune the soundbar speaker's sound.
USB Port: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i features a USB (type-A) port to directly connect a USB mass storage class (MSC) device; such as a thumbdrive or external hard disk drives (HDDs that require more than 0.5A of power will require a separate power supply). The unit's USB port supports music playback from these compatible USB devices formatted in FAT 32 or NTFS. Not only can USB audio be played back on the Pulse Soundbar 2i, but can also be wirelessly distributed to the rest of your Bluesound components throughout your home for multiroom playback.
Note: The USB port is not compatible with the direct connection of an Apple iOS or Android device.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i offers built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with two-way wireless communication and support for aptX HD. You'll be able to wirelessly stream high-quality audio from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to the Pulse Soundbar 2i. You'll also be able to use the Pulse Soundbar 2i as a source and wirelessly stream its audio content to a set of Bluetooth headphones (sold separately).
- aptX HD: The advanced Qualcomm CSR8675 chip used in the Pulse Soundbar 2i supports aptX HD Bluetooth wireless audio. aptX HD is an enhanced codec that supports 24-bit audio over Bluetooth and has been engineered to improve the signal-to-noise ratio, resulting in lower background noise. With the ability to support streams up to 24bit/48kHz, you're able to wirelessly stream from an aptX HD compatible device to the Pulse Soundbar 2i without sacrificing sound quality and listen to "better-than-CD" quality audio.
- Two-Way Communication: The Pulse Soundbar 2i offers two-way Bluetooth, featuring both Receive and Transmit functionality. Receive capability allows you to wirelessly stream from your device to the Pulse Soundbar 2i. The Transmit capability means you can also use the Pulse Mini 2i as a source and what your are listening to via Bluetooth to a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones (sold separately).
Note: The Pulse Soundbar 2i can be paired and connected via Bluetooth without utilizing a network connection or the BluOS Controll app.
IR Sensor: The Bluesound Pulse does not come with a remote, but does offer a built-in IR sensor, so you can program your TV's remote control to operate volume up/down of the soundbar speaker. Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the speaker and TV remote to work together.
Optional Remote Control: The Bluesound BLS RC1 (sold separately) is an IR remote control for Bluesound Gen 2 and Gen 2i speakers, streamers, and amplifiers running BluOS 3.6.2 or later. The BLS RC1 remote gives you convenient control over your Bluesound component with simple setup. Its streamlined button layout and dedicated controls let you easily control playback without having to use the BluOS Controller app on your smartphone or tablet. Plus, with the Bluesound BLS RC1 remote control, you can set-up and program up to 10 presets inside the BluOS Controller app and enjoy your favorite albums, playlists, and radio stations with a single touch of the remote.
Mounting Options: Intended for use with flat-panel TV's 42" or greater, the Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i can be simply placed on a shelf that is below or above your television. It can also be wall-mount below or above your TV using the included wall-mount bracket. Also available is the Bluesound TS100 tabletop stand (813TS100, sold separately) that lets you mount up to a 65" TV along with the Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i on top of your piece of AV furniture.
BluOS Wireless High-Resolution Multiroom Audio: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i is part of the BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio eco-system - consisting of powered speakers, soundbar speakers, amplifiers, players, and hard-drives. The BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio ecosystem uses your home's wired or wireless network to connect multiple Bluesound products and play your music in perfect sync, or different music simultaneously, anywhere in your home. Using advanced technologies (like dual-band WiFi and an ARM Cortex9 1GHz Processor), BluOS can wirelessly transmit lossless music up to 24-bit/192kHz at ultra-fast speeds with no lag and zero loss in sound quality.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: The following audio sources can be used for multiroom audio playback - internet radio (including TuneIn & iHeart Radio); online music services (including Tidal, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer, Slacker, and Napster); Bluetooth & USB audio, music libraries (from computers and NAS drives); as well as analog & digital inputs (including HDMI & Optical).
- Number of BluOS Zones: Up to 16 Bluesound devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. Demonstrated practice has shown that you can create up to 8 groups of 8 Bluesound devices or 4 groups of 16 Bluesound devices. If you want to connect more than 16 Bluesound devices, you will need to connect the Bluesound devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
Note: Gen 2i of Bluesound is compatible with earlier generations of Bluesound products.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i can be connected to your home network and Internet provider via a hardwired Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack connector or wireless 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac connection. The 5GHz WiFi band offers a more faster and reliable connection with less interruptions and dropouts. Either network/internet connection allows you to stream music libraries from your Windows or Mac computer and NAS drive (such as the Bluesound Vault 2i, sold separately); as well as stream select online music services and internet radio.
- Wired Ethernet Setup: A wired connection to the network is simple and requires no setup. If you wish to use the wired connection, simply connect the Pulse Soundbar 2i directly to your router or home network using an Ethernet cable (sold separately).
- Wireless WiFi Setup: A wireless connection allows you to place your BluOS Player virtually anywhere inside your home, but does require setup through the BluOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. If you are on a Windows PC (7/8/10) or Apple Mac, you'll use Bluesound's web browser based application. You'll be walked you through the set-up process step-by-step.
Note: A wireless network connection will always be required for the BluOS Controller App.
BluOS Controller App: The free BluOS Controller app (for Apple iOS 9.3-up, Android OS 4.1-up, Windows PC (XP-up), and Mac OS X 10.7-up) turns your mobile device or computer into a full-featured wireless remote control for the Pulse Soundbar 2i and the BluOS wireless multiroom audio system. The BluOS Controller app on your compatible device uses your home's WiFi network to connect with Bluesound devices, so you can play all the music you love anywhere in your home for a wireless multiroom music experience. Get on-demand access to your music libraries on your home network, stream live Internet radio from almost any place in the world, or listen to one of the many music services available on Bluesound, all from the palm of your hand with the easy-to-use BluOS Controller app.
- Multiroom Audio: Play a different song at the same time in different rooms, or group all your BluOS enabled devices together and listen to your favorite music in perfect sync throughout your home.
- Now Playing Screen: Control your music and adjust the volume in any room, get rich album artwork and detailed artist info, right from the Now Playing screen. Even check what quality you are streaming at to ensure the best possible listening experience.
- Individual Songs & Playlists: Tap a song and have it play instantly, or create and edit playlists on the fly by simply adding songs or entire albums to the play queue. Playlists can then be saved inside the app and listened to at any time.
Alexa & Google Assistant Voice Control: Bluesound will support Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control through an over-the-network firmware update (now available). Using an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), you can use your voice to access your music libraries on your local network, select presets from online music services, control music playback functions such as Play/Pause/Skip, adjust volume levels, play music in different rooms, and even group rooms together. Each Alexa voice command will need to start with the phrase "Alexa or Google, ask Blue Voice to" or "Alexa or Google, tell Blue Voice to". Alexa and Google Skills for BluOS will need to be setup through the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 4.4+) or the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+ ).
- The Bluesound device does not feature a built-in microphone and requires a separate Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories tab) for voice control.
- Click here for more information regarding Alexa setup and voice commands. Clich here for more information regarding Google Assistant setup and voice commands.
High Resolution Audio: High-resolution audio tracks are either 24-bit/96kHz or 24-bit/192kHz, and contain up to 6.5x more data than standard CDs, letting you hear all the detail of your favorite music in superior quality. With full support for hi-res audio, you can stream WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WMA-Lossless, MQA music files over your home's WiFi network or directly from a connected USB mass storage class device. The Bluesound system also supports compressed music files such as MP3, AAC, WMA and OGG. Bluesound has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 200,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). Bluesound also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
Notes: Bluesound cannot index or play AAC files with the extension ".m4p". These files were purchased in iTunes prior to 2009 and are subject to copy protection. Apple Consumers with an iTunes Match subscription can delete and re-download these files free of charge from their iTunes Cloud
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated): Bluesound is the first wireless multiroom audio system to support MQA (Master Quality Authenticated). MQA is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that captures and delivers master quality audio in a file that's small enough to stream or download. Bluesound worked closely with MQA to implement technology inside each Bluesound component to ensure the listener will hear MQA encoded music and streams exactly like the source and the way the artist intended you to hear it when it was approved in the studio.
Online Music Services: Many popular music streaming services and internet radio apps are built right into BluOS, giving you an all-access pass to millions of songs and the freedom to listen to everything you want to hear. Using the BluOS Controller app, you can instantly discover and enjoy millions of songs from your existing music services, tune in to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts from around the world, or access and listen to the music collections stored on your smartphone, tablet or laptop on any and Bluesound in your home. Subscription and purchase fees will apply to online music services.
- Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported Bluesound devices from the BluOs App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the Bluesound system using Spotify Connect. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality
- TuneIn: The Bluesound system includes access to more than 70,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn internet radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 70,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- iHeart Radio: iHeart Radio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- Slacker: Get the sound quality that you deserve with the new Slacker music library available in high-quality AAC audio on Bluesound. Listen to music streams at a bitrate of 320kbps and enjoy all your favorite Slacker stations in pristine MP3-quality.
- Deezer: Deezer lets you explore over 53 million tracks (and counting), and discover artists and tracks you'll love with personalized recommendations from the Deezer Editors. Bluesound even supports Deezer HiFi for lossless quality ($19.99 per month).
- Other Services: Other online music services include Qobuz, HighResAudio, Murfie, JUKE, KKBox, SoundMachine, and more.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Computer Audio: The BluOS wireless multiroom audio system by Bluesound lets you easily connect and share your music collection from a computer or network-attached storage drive and access up to 200,000 tracks for wireless streaming. The BluOS wireless music system will pull music from an existing digital music library across the network on your Windows PC, Mac computer, or NAS drive using Windows or SMB File Sharing (SAMBA) and the BluOS Controller app for Windows (XP-up) & Mac (OS X 10.7-up). However, File Sharing is not enabled by default on Windows or Mac. You will have to manually alter these settings in your computer's menu system.
AirPlay 2 (Firmware Update Available): The Pulse Soundbar 2i will support AirPlay 2 through an available firmware update. With AirPlay 2, you'll be able to stream just about any sound (including music, books, podcasts and more) from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the Bluesound system - all in sync. You can even watch movies and videos from Netlfix or YouTube on your Apple device while streaming the audio through to the Bluesound system. AirPlay 2 also gives you more options for control, including using Siri voice assistance. If you are an Apple Music subscriber and add the Pulse Soundbar 2i to the Apple Home App on your iPhone or iPad, you can use your iOS device or HomePod to say things like - "Hey Siri, play jazz in the Living Room" or "Hey Siri, turn up the volume in the Kitchen." You can even group Gen 2i Bluesound products with older Bluesound products in the BluOS App to add AirPlay 2 compatibility to your entire BluOS system.
A/V Mode: By connecting your TV or another video source to the Pulse Soundbar 2i through an analog, optical or HDMI input you can listen to your favorite shows or movies through the BluOS wireless eco-system. Grouping multiple BluOS devices from one of these inputs can require an abundance of network traffic to ensure your audio is staying in sync over your network with the original video source. To help with this Bluesound have introduced A/V mode to the BluOS app which creates a short and unintrusive buffer to your audio to ensure theBluOS system stays in sync with your video even with slower or cluttered networks.
- A/V Mode Enabled (On): With A/V Mode enabled on your input source, the BluOS app will automatically adjust the audio delay to keep your grouped BluOS devices in sync with the video source connected. Using the Lip-sync delay slider below the A/V Mode setting you can manually adjust the lower end of this delay to better suit the speed of your network.
- A/V Mode Disabled (Off): When your BluOS device is connected to an audio source without video, such as a turntable or CD player, the A/V Mode setting should be disabled.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?