About the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW
Some of the best-sounding true wireless earbuds available
Some of the best-sounding true wireless earbuds available
If sound quality is your top concern, Audio-Technica's flagship ATH-ANC300TW true wireless earbuds deliver the goods. Audio-Technica headphones are a recording studio staple, and the company flexes their pro-grade audio chops here. They use dynamic drivers with a diamond-like carbon coating to deliver a spacious, well-balanced sound that's high on detail and warmth.
Of course, when it comes to the true-wireless category, the convenience features are just as important. And these 100% wire-free headphones offer active noise cancellation, touch controls, and work with a free downloadable app for Apple and Android phones. It lets you control the sound signature and can help track down lost earbuds using your phone's GPS.
A strong wireless connection and touch controls
The ATH-ANC300TW earbuds have Bluetooth 5.0 on board. That's the latest and greatest version of the popular wireless technology. It gives you a stronger, more stable connection for playing music and podcasts — or making calls — with your phone. You control music, calls, and volume by tapping either earbud.
A carrying case that recharges your earbuds wirelessly
The battery life is about average compared to other noise-canceling headphones in the true wireless category. Audio-Technica boasts 4.5 hours of on-the-go music listening with a full charge. But the included charging case banks an extra 13.5 hours of power to recharge your headphones on the go.
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX®, SBC, and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- active noise-canceling circuitry blocks out external distractions
- dual-microphone array housed in each earbud for steady, consistent noise cancellation
- 5.8mm dynamic drivers deliver spacious, well-balanced sound
- diaphragms use a DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating for detailed sound and wide frequency response
Controls, mobile app, charging case and battery info:
- touch controls for music, calls, and volume
- built-in microphones for clear, echo-free phone calls
- "Ear Detection" function automatically pauses music when you remove earbuds
- hold left earbud for 6 seconds to enable
- free A-T Connect app for Apple® and Android lets you adjust settings and customize the sound
- works with your phone's built-in GPS to help track down a lost earbud
- built-in rechargeable batteries offers 4.5 hours of listening
- slim carrying case banks up to 13.5 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
General info and specs:
- 4 sizes of silicone ear tips for comfortable, customized fit
- 1 pair of Comply™ foam tips (medium-sized)
- USB-C to USB-A cable included for charging case
- frequency response: 5-40,000 Hz
- weight: 0.5 oz. (both earbuds)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-ANC300TW
What's in the box:
- Left and right true wireless in-ear headphones (black)
- Charging case (black)
- 4 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 1 Pair of Comply foam eartips
- 14" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Caution Guide
- Statement of Compliance
- Bluetooth and Connect App guide
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||0.76" x 1.012"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-25k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW QuietPoint® truly wireless in-ear headphones deliver exceptional sound quality and digital hybrid noise-cancelling. The independent left and right ear buds connect wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet, and to each other, via Bluetooth 5.0. The ear buds have an IPX2 water-resistance rating for protection from dripping water, such as rain or sweat. The headphones come with a compact charging case, 5 pairs of ear tips, including a pair of Comply™ foam ear tips, and a USB-C charging cable.
ANC: The QuietPoint in-ear headphones feature an active noise cancelling (ANC) function to significantly reduce ambient noise. The built-in microphones on each ear bud pick up noise from the surrounding environment and cancel out that noise with an out-of-phase signal. The noise-cancelling function works mainly in the 300Hz or lower range, to reduce noise from air conditioners, airliners, or automobiles. It is not as effective at eliminating other frequencies. There are three Noise Cancelling Modes: Airplane (for low-frequency noise), On-the-Go (for street noise), and Office/Study (for quiet environments).
Hear-Through: In addition to the ANC function, the headphones have a Hear-Through function to enhance external sounds. When enabled, Hear-Through focuses on the human voice to help you carry on a conversation with another person, or listen to public transportation announcements without removing the ear buds.
Bluetooth 5.0: The ATH-ANC300TW have Bluetooth 5.0 technology to give you a solid, dependable wireless signal and excellent range (33'). They are compatible with A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP profiles, and support Qualcomm aptX, AAC, and SBC codecs for enhanced sound quality. In addition, the headphones have Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus, which maximizes sound quality and battery life, and makes pairing easier, when used with TrueWireless Stereo Plus devices.
Drivers / Ear Tips: The ear buds are equipped with 5.8mm dynamic drivers with DLC (diamond-like carbon) coated diaphragms for exceptional audio reproduction. Four pairs of silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L) are included for best fit and isolation from ambient noise. The included pair of Comply™ foam ear tips compress and expand to provide a custom fit for any size ear canal.
Microphone: Each ear bud has a microphone for phone calls. The microphone features Qualcomm cVc (Clear Voice Capture) technology so that your calls are clear and natural sounding. In addition, the phone call audio is heard in both ear buds for improved clarity.
Charging Case: The ATH-ANC300TW includes a compact charging case which has its own 3.7V Lithium Polymer rechargeable battery. The ear buds start charging when you place them in the case. The auto power feature turn on the headphones when you take them out of the case, and turn them off when you place them in.
Battery Power: Each ear bud has a built-in 3.7-volt Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. On a full charge, the ear buds have a battery life of approximately 4.5 hours. The battery in the charging case provides an additional 13.5 hours of battery life, for a total of 18 hours when the headphones and case are fully charged. The ear buds charge inside the case in approximately 1 hour. The case takes approximately 1.5 hours to charge.
On-board Controls: Multi-function buttons on each ear bud housing let you control your music playback and phone calls. Music playback controls include play/pause, skip to next track, or skip to previous track. Phone controls let you answer, reject, and end your calls. Volume is raised or lowered one level at a time.
A-T Connect App: The Audio-Technica Connect app shows the battery status on your phone screen and lets you change the settings of your headphones. You can select the desired Bluetooth codec of your choice for the sound quality or connection status you want. The headphones' on-board controls can be customized according to your preference. The app also features a product guide that you can access at any time to get the most out of your headphones. Using the GPS feature of your phone, the app can help you locate lost ear buds by displaying on a map the location where you last disconnected. The app is available for iOS devices running version 10.0 or later, and for Android devices with Android 6.0 and up.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 25kHz
- Sensitivity: 106dB/mW
- Impedance: 14 ohms
- Microphone Sensitivity: -32dB (1 V/Pa at 1 kHz)
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100-10kHz
- Ear Buds: Width 0.76" Height 1.012" Depth 1.143"
- Charging Case: Width 2.252" Height 2.118" Depth 1.346"
- Ear Buds: 0.25 ounces each
- Case: 1.75 ounces (empty)