About the Audio-Technica ATH-A2000Z
Massive soundfield with tons of detail
The Audio-Technica ATH-A2000Z feature extra large drivers that deliver a much more spacious sound than I expected from a pair of closed-backs. Within that super-size soundstage, I heard well-balanced sound with pinpoint imaging. Highs and mids are incredibly articulate, and the bass is strong and tightly controlled. Comfort-wise, this is Audio-Technica at their best — I sank into overstuffed earpads and the headband just seemed to fall into place.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design
- hand-assembled, large-aperture 53mm dynamic drivers deliver pure, remarkably accurate sound
- extra-powerful German Permendur® magnetic circuit for precise music reproduction
- highly-efficient bobbin-wound voice coil design provides clear, accurate sound across a wide frequency range
- diaphragm design offers better airflow for precise movement
- pure titanium housings and lightweight magnesium alloy baffles help dampen resonance
- Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S.) reproduces deep, natural bass
- pure iron headphone yoke
- headset with auto-adjusting 3D wing system for a comfortable, fuss-free fit
- stitched, oversized earpads
- 118" cloth-covered cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included
- frequency response: 5-45,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 101 dB
- impedance: 44 ohms
- weight: 10.4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-A2000Z
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones (silver) with attached 10' cable (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter (installed)
- Instruction booklet
- Environmental declaration
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-A2000Z
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.125" x 4.125"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||5-45k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The ATH-A2000Z is flagship of the Art Monitor-series of Audio-Technica's high fidelity headphones. These over-ear headphones have large drivers that are tuned to accurately reproduce extreme low and high frequencies, including Hi-Res Audio reproduction. They have an attached 10' cable with a 3.5mm plug and a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter. The A2000Z headphones are ideal for studio and live work, or personal listening.
Drivers: The large 53mm large-aperture drivers feature a top-quality German Permendur magnetic circuit with significant magnetic flux density, and bobbin-wound voice coils with 7N-grade (99.99999%-pure) oxygen-free copper wire (OFC-7N) for ultra-efficient signal transfer, superior performance, and wide frequency response. The drivers are installed in highly-rigid, pure titanium housings with a lightweight magnesium alloy baffle, which reduces unwanted resonance. The top-mounted PCB provides excellent transient response, and improved airflow and precise diaphragm movement, while the Double Air Damping system (DADS) augments the deep bass.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature Audio-Technica's proprietary 3D wing support system, which provides an improved fit and greater comfort for long listening sessions. The closed-back design helps keep out unwanted ambient noise, while the high-quality, stitched earpads gently surround your ear to provide the proper seal.
Cable: The ATH-A2000Z has a 10' attached dual-sided cable with an elastomer sheath that is tangle-resistant and dampens contact noise into the headphones. The cable features 4 cores of 6N-grade (99.9999%-pure) oxygen-free copper (OFC-6N) The cable terminates into a sturdy gold-plated 3.5mm plug with a screw-on 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter, so you can listen to your smartphone, tablet, and portable devices, as well as studio mixers, sound boards, and home audio components.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 45kHz
- Sensitivity: 101 dB/mW
- Maximum Input Power: 2000mW
- Impedance: 44 ohms
- Dimensions: Diameter: 4.125", Depth: 1.994"
- Cable Length: 10' (straight)
- Weight: 12.9 ounces (with 1/4" adapter)