About the Audio-Technica ATH-CK5TW Solid Bass
Wire-free earbuds with deep bass and extra-long battery life
Wire-free earbuds with deep bass and extra-long battery life
Two features really scream out at me with the Audio-Technica ATH-CK5TW "Strong Bass" truly wireless earbuds. One is right in the name — Audio-Technica tuned their large 10mm drivers to thump out deep, punchy bass. The other is the incredible battery life. These earbuds offer up to 15 hours of music listening on a full charge, which is a lot for this category.
Audio-Technica's 10mm drivers use a dual-combo of hard and soft diaphragms for detailed sound with extended bass response.
The ATH-CK5TWs are bigger than most earbuds, likely so the drivers have space to do their thing. It may be a fair trade-off for fans of Audio-Technica's clear, detailed sound signature — and those who like tight, well-defined bass. Plus, there are four sizes of silicone ear tips and a pair of ear loops to help keep the fit comfortable and secure.
A strong wireless connection and touch controls
Music plays wirelessly from your phone, and Bluetooth 5.0 is on board. That's the latest and greatest version of the popular wireless technology. It gives you a stronger, more stable connection for playing music and podcasts — or making calls — with your phone. You control music, calls, and volume by tapping either earbud.
A carrying case that recharges your earbuds wirelessly
Even with the strong battery life, you'll have to recharge at some point. Just snap the earbuds into the included charging case. This compact case fits in your pocket or bag and banks a generous 30 hours of power to recharge your headphones.
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX®, SBC, and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- 10mm dynamic drivers with dual-layer diaphragms for detailed sound with deep bass punch
Controls, mobile app, charging case and battery info:
- touch controls for music, calls, and volume
- built-in microphones for clear, echo-free phone calls
- "Ear Detection" function automatically pauses music when you remove earbuds
- hold left earbud for 6 seconds to enable
- free A-T Connect app for Apple® and Android lets you adjust settings and customize the sound
- works with your phone's built-in GPS to help track down a lost earbud
- built-in rechargeable batteries offers 15 hours of listening
- slim carrying case banks up to 30 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
General info and specs:
- 4 sizes of silicone ear tips for comfortable, customized fit
- 1 pair of 3D silicone loops and 1 pair of silicone rings to further secure earbuds
- USB-C to USB-A cable included for charging case
- frequency response: 5-40,000 Hz
- weight: 0.55 oz. (both earbuds)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-CKS5TWBK
What's in the box:
- Left and right true wireless in-ear headphones (black)
- Charging case (black)
- 4 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 1 Pair of 3D loop supports (installed)
- 1 Pair of Silicone rings
- 14" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Caution Guide
- Statement of Compliance
- Battery disposal statement
- "For a more enjoyable Bluetooth product experience" sheet
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-CK5TW Solid Bass
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.832" x 0.832"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||5-40k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Audio-Technica ATH-CKS5TW truly wireless in-ear headphones are independent left and right ear buds that connect wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet, and to each other, via Bluetooth 5.0. The headphones have an IPX2 water resistance rating, which means they are protected from dripping rain and sweat. The headphones come with a compact charging case, 4 pairs of ear tips, and a USB-C charging cable.
Bluetooth 5.0: The ATH-CKS5TW have Bluetooth 5.0 technology to give you a solid, dependable wireless signal and excellent range (33'). They are compatible with A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP profiles, and support Qualcomm aptX, AAC, and SBC codecs for enhanced sound quality. In addition, the headphones have Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus, which maximizes sound quality and battery life, and makes pairing easier, when used with TrueWireless Stereo Plus devices.
Drivers: The ear buds are equipped with 10mm dynamic drivers with dual-layer diaphragms for powerful audio with solid bass and great detail. The diaphragms combine hard and soft materials to give you a wider frequency range from 5Hz to 40kHz. Four pairs of silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L) are included for best fit and isolation from ambient noise. A pair of 3D silicone loops and a pair of silicone rings help to keep the ear buds secure during a rigorous workout.
Microphone: Each ear bud has a microphone for phone calls. The microphone features Qualcomm cVc (Clear Voice Capture) technology so that your calls are clear and natural sounding. In addition, the phone call audio is heard in both ear buds for improved clarity.
Charging Case: The ATH-CKS5TW includes a compact charging case which has its own 3.7V Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The ear buds start charging when you place them in the case. The auto power feature turn on the headphones when you take them out of the case, and turn them off when you place them in.
Battery Power: Each ear bud has a built-in 3.7-volt Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. On a full charge, the ear buds have a battery life of approximately 15 hours. The battery in the charging case provides an additional 30 hours of battery life, for a total of 45 hours when the headphones and case are fully charged. The ear buds charge inside the case in approximately 2 hours. The case takes approximately 3.5 hours to charge.
On-board Controls: Multi-function buttons on each ear bud housing let you control your music playback and phone calls. Music playback controls include play/pause, skip to next track, or skip to previous track. Phone controls let you answer, reject, and end your calls. Volume is raised or lowered one level at a time.
Smart Sensors: Both ear buds feature Smart Sensors that can detect when they are being worn, and when they have been removed from your ears. The Ear Detection function must first be turned on by touching the left side touch control for about 6 seconds. With the function enabled, removing an ear bud from your ear automatically pauses your music. The music resumes when you are wearing both ear buds again. After 30 minutes of non-wear, the headphones automatically power off.
A-T Connect App: The Audio-Technica Connect app shows the battery status on your phone screen and lets you change the settings of your headphones. You can select the desired Bluetooth codec of your choice for the sound quality or connection status you want. The headphones' on-board controls can be customized according to your preference. The app also features a product guide that you can access at any time to get the most out of your headphones. Using the GPS feature of your phone, the app can help you locate lost ear buds by displaying on a map the location where you last disconnected. The app is available for iOS devices running version 10.0 or later, and for Android devices with Android 6.0 and up.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 40kHz
- Sensitivity: 110dB/mW
- Impedance: 16 ohms
- Microphone Sensitivity: -40dB (1 V/Pa at 1 kHz)
- Microphone Frequency Response: 50-4kHz
- Ear Buds: Diameter 0.822 Depth 1.093"
- Charging Case: Width 3.588" Height 1.392" Depth 1.495"
- Ear Buds: 0.28 ounces each
- Case: 2.1 ounces (empty)