About the B&O PLAY Beolit 15 by Bang & Olufsen
Play all day in style
Play all day in style
The Bang & Olufsen Beolit 15 portable Bluetooth speaker resembles a hip, compact cooler — but it's really much cooler than that. Quality components and advanced electronics let the Beolit 15 deliver high-performance sound from a small but stylish package. And with a built-in rechargeable battery that can last a full 24 hours, this speaker system's sure to last as long as the party.
Underneath the grille is a sophisticated speaker system designed to create an omnidirectional soundfield.
Music from every angle
Through Bang & Olufsen's exclusive True360 sound technology, the B&O Beolit 15 creates a smooth, well-balanced, omnidirectional soundfield. No matter where you stand in relation to the system, you'll enjoy the same great sound.
A 5-1/2" long-stroke full-range driver delivers clear, detailed mids and lows. Three 1-1/2" tweeters cover the upper frequencies with clarity and accuracy. Large passive bass radiators built into the sides reinforce the low end for stronger bass. There are two separate amplifiers built in: one for the full-range driver and the other for the three tweeters. The system has a total of 240 watts peak power, making it a great choice for music in the great outdoors.
The aluminum core of the Beolit 15 provides stability and reduces vibration. A tough polymer shell protects the vitals, and the solid aluminum grille shields the speakers from harm. The full-grain leather strap gives you a ready handhold for portability. And the Beolit 15's rubber top tray makes is the ideal place to rest your smartphone. Its non-slip surface ensures your phone will stay put, no matter how hard the bass is thumping.
The Beolit 15 easily pairs with your smartphone or tablet. It's equipped with Bluetooth 4.0, which includes support for aptX® audio coding. This delivers higher-fidelity sound from devices that have that technology built in, but the speaker is also backward-compatible with older versions of Bluetooth, so you can stream music from just about any mobile device.
- built-in Bluetooth streams music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible device
- Bluetooth 4.0 including aptX technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- True360 technology creates an omnidirectional soundfield
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 24 hours
- 2 x 35W Class D for bass and treble (total of 240W peak power)
- frequency response: 37-20,000 Hz
- solid aluminum core and durable polymer outer shell provide stability and reduce resonance
- one 5-1/2" long-range full-range driver and two 4" passive radiators
- three 1-1/2" mid-tweeters
- non-slip rubber top tray for smartphone
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- AC power adapter
- USB mini input for charging
- premium full-grain leather strap
- 9"W x 7-7/16"H x 5-5/16"D
- weight: 5.95 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1287632/13312VRP
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 58" AC power cord
- Leather strap (pre-installed)
- Quick Start Guide
- Online Registration
- Limited Warranty
- Important Safety Instructions
More details on the B&O PLAY Beolit 15 by Bang & Olufsen
Bluetooth 4.0 Connectivity: The Beolit 15 offers Bluetooth version 4.0 technology with support for A2DP and aptX wireless audio streaming. Up to eight devices can be paired to the speaker at once and two devices can even remain connected, so switching between devices is quick and easy.
- Wireless Music Streaming: You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, Mac computer, Blackberry, and more to the Beolit 15 speaker system. You'll continue to use your compatible Bluetooth-enabled device to control music playback functions and view song/artist information.
- aptX Codec Support: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the Beolit 15 offers support for CSR's aptX codecs for higher quality audio streaming from select Android devices. aptX audio coding technology provides even better sound quality with lossless, CD-quality streaming for compatible aptX-compatible smartphones, like many Android (OS 4.0+) smartphones.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Beolit 15.
Multi-Driver Array w/ Dual Class-D Amps: The Beolit 15 features four active drivers and two passive bass radiators, driven by dual Class D amplifiers, delivering 70 watts of RMS power (120W Peak). One amplifier channel drives a 5.5" long-stroke full-range driver, while the bass performance is enhanced by two 4" passive bass radiators placed on each side; in perfect balance to avoid vibration. The second amplifier channel drives three 1.5" mid-tweeters; two positioned in the front corners, facing outwards at 45° and 15° upwards, and the third one placed on the backside of the speaker.
True360 Sound Technology: The combination of the positioning and radiation patterns of the drivers, and the use of advanced digital signal processing (DSP) technology creates Beolit 15's unique True360 sound experience.
Extruded Aluminum Housing: The Beolit 15 Bluetooth speaker features a rugged, extruded aluminum housing which enhances it durability and sound quality.
Aux Input: In addition to Bluetooth wireless connectivity, the Beolit 15 is fitted with a stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting an external portable audio device with a headphone jack or analog output.
USB Charging Port: The Beolit 15 is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth-enabled device from the speaker's built-in USB (type-A) port. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your devices powered up. This USB port does not support audio playback.
Tactile Control: On the top of the speaker you will find four control buttons, two of which light up when in use. The buttons control the power (on/off), activate Bluetooth and adjust the volume up and down.
Integrated Phone Tray: Go ahead and put your mobile device on top of Beolit 15. The non-slip anti-dust treated rubber tray makes sure it stays put
Full-Grain Leather Handle: The handle used to carry Beolit 15 around is made out of premium, full-grain leather - carefully selected for just the right feel and perfectly positioned to avoid the speaker from "wobbling" when carried around
Rechargeable Battery: The rechargeable Li-ion battery inside the speaker lets you play at moderate listening levels for up to 24 hours on a single charge. The included AC power adapter charges the built-in battery and supplies power to the Bluetooth speaker.