About the Memphis Audio MXA480.4M
Big sound for outdoor adventures
Big sound for outdoor adventures
Memphis Audio's MXA480.4M 4-channel amplifier is a great way to upgrade the performance of your marine or powersports audio system. With 80 watts RMS per channel driving your speakers, you'll be able to hear your music over the wind and the roar with no trouble at all.
Compact and powerful
This compact amp fits into tight spots on your boat, motorcycle, or ATV, and delivers big performance while still running cool. Installing a pair of subs? You can bridge this amp to 2-channel mode and send 240 watts to each subwoofer, or switch to 3-channel mode to drive a pair of speakers and your sub. With variable high-pass and low-pass filters, plus bass boost, you can adjust the output to suit your tastes.
Tough enough for the rough stuff
Life on the water or the trail can be tough on audio gear. Memphis Audio designed this Class D amp to resist salt, spray, and punishing sunlight, so you can count on this rugged, reliable amp when conditions get rough.
- 4-channel marine/powersports amplifier
- 80 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (120 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 240 watts x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filters
- 8-gauge wiring kit (sold separately) recommended
- two sets of preamp inputs
- frequency response: 10-40,000 Hz
- dimensions: 10-3/4"W x 2-3/8"H x 6-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MXA480.4M
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Four 25A ATO fuses (2 installed in amplifier)
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- 4 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length)
- Operating Manual
More details on the Memphis Audio MXA480.4M
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||80 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||120 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||240 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-4000 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-4000 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Memphis Xtreme Audio MXA480.4M is a Class D MXA-series 4-channel amplifier for driving speakers in your vehicle, ATV, or boat. The amp features coated circuit boards, making it water-resistant and UV-resistant in extreme environments.
Output Power: The MXA480.4M outputs 80 watts RMS x 4 at 4Ω, 120 watts RMS x 4 at 2Ω, and 240 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω bridged.
Controls: The amplifier features a removable cover on the top to protect the controls from the elements. A 3mm Allen wrench (included) is required to remove the cover. The rotary controls can be adjusted with a flat-head screwdriver (not included). The amp has independent controls for the front (1+2) and rear channels (3+4):
- Gain: The Front and Rear Gain Controls help you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. These controls adjust the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept low-level signals between 100mV and 5.5V.
- Crossovers: The Front and Rear Crossovers can be independently set to low-pass, high-pass, or full range via a 3-way switch. When set to low-pass or high-pass, the rotary controls let you select a crossover point of 40Hz or 4kHz. When set to full range, the rotary controls are disabled.
- Bass Boost (Rear Channel only): The variable Bass Boost lets you add 0-to-12dB of bass, centered at 45Hz.
Connections: The MXA480.4M has the following connections:
- Inputs: The amp has two pairs of RCA jacks for connecting the source unit via RCA cables. There is no Input Select switch, so you will need to connect RCA cables to all four inputs, or use a Y-adapter to split a two-channel signal into four channels.
- Power/Ground: Set screw terminals are provided for connecting power (up to 4 gauge), ground (up to 4 gauge), and remote turn-on lead (8 gauge). Based on the 50A fuse rating, an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended. A 50A fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery. The terminals can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm and 2.5mm Allen wrenches.
- Speaker Output: Set screw terminals are provided for connecting two pairs of speakers to the amplifier. You can bridge the amplifier to two channels by connecting the Left Rear + and Right Rear - to one speaker and the Left Front + and Right Front - to the other speaker (minimum 4Ω load). The terminals will accept up to 8 gauge wire. The terminals can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 2.5mm Allen wrench.
Mounting: The MXA480.4M can be mounted in the hatch or trunk, or under the seat of a vehicle. Under the seat of a boat or ATV is also acceptable. It should be mounted in a location that avoids direct contact with water. The amp can be installed horizontally or vertically.