- 1" cloth dome tweeter with newly designed waveguide for smooth, accurate highs and extended high-frequency response
- 6-1/2" aramid fiber woofer with cast chassis for tight, clean bass and midrange
- frequency response: 44-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: up to 120 watts
- custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with front-firing port for flexible placement against a wall or bookshelf
- slotted vent design reduces port noise and improves bass extension compared to traditional port designs
- cabinet walls are internally braced for reduced resonance and improved stability
- walnut vinyl finish with black baffle
- removable magnetic cloth grille
- 8-1/4"W x 14-1/4"H x 10-7/8"D
- weight: 18.1 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DBR62-BK
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- Operating Instructions
More details on the ELAC Debut Reference DBR62
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Aramid fiber|
|Power Range||up to 120|
|Frequency Response||44-35k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-26|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Elac Debut Reference series DBR62 bookshelf loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" tweeter, one 6.5" woofer, and a 2,200Hz crossover. Both the tweeter and woofer have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts.
- 1" Cloth Dome Tweeter with Waveguide: The 1" cloth dome tweeter can handle high frequencies up to 35,000 Hz for excellent reproduction of high resolution audio. The tweeter features a newly developed waveguide combined with a more open grill design that enhances upper high frequency response. The tweeter's wide-roll surround improves its power handling capabilities.
- 6.5" Aramid Fiber Cone Woofer: The 6.5" woven aramid fiber cone woofer provides a winning combination of strength and damping, ideal properties for superior performance and resonance control. A woven fiber spider allows for good linearity along with well-behaved stability at high excursion; while butyl rubber is chosen for its inherent damping and flexibility, plus its resistance to UV and moisture guarantee long term durability. Its cast chassis provides improved stiffness for both strengthening the front baffle and minimizing chassis resonances. Oversized ceramic magnets produce high motor strength for powerful bass reproduction, while the top and bottom plates are constructed from low carbon steel for high magnetic conductivity to maximize flux density.
Bass Reflex Cabinet: The Elac Debut Reference DBR62 employs a bass reflex cabinet with a new dual-flared front-firing slot vent that allows for lower noise and higher bass output for improved bass dynamics. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet. A new full perimeter brace that joins the top and the side panels significantly lessens cabinet vibrations, reducing cabinet coloration. An acoustically transparent magnetic cloth grille is also included.
5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The Elac Debut Reference Series DBR62 bookshelf loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of 5-way, gold-plated binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). The gold-plated binding posts provide excellent audio signal transfer and resist corrosion.
Mounting & Placement Options: The Elac Debut Reference Series bookshelf loudspeaker can simply be placed on a flat surface; like a table-top, stand, or shelf. The bookshelf speaker does not include a bracket, key-hole slot, or threaded insert for wall-mounting. The Elac DBR62 bookshelf loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or used as your front speakers and/or rear surround speakers in a multichannel home theater application.
- 2Ch Stereo or Front Speaker Placement: For the best results with realistic stereo imaging and lifelike sound, place the speakers so that an equilateral triangle is created between the speakers your main listening position. You can also angle ("toe-in") the speakers toward the listening position to gain a more focused central image.
- Rear Surround Placement: In a 5.1channel surround setup, avoid placing the speakers forward of your listening position. The speakers should be spread apart wider than the front speakers. In addition, try to elevate the speakers to the same height or slightly higher as the front speakers for the most enveloping soundfield. You may also need to angle ("toe-in") the speakers toward the main listening area for better surround imaging.
Note: In either application, the speakers should be placed 1' to 2' away from boundaries such as wall and corners. Close proximity to a side or rear wall will enhance bass performance, but being too close (particularly in a corner) may result in bass that is unnatural. If a corner location is unavoidable, try to position the speaker so that the distance to the rear wall is not equal to the distance to the side wall.
Elac Debut Reference Series: Building on the iconic status of Elac's Debut Series, the new Debut Reference line-up brings significant acoustical and visual advancements. Designed to blend with traditional or contemporary styles, the Debut Reference sounds as great as it looks. The Debut Reference Series consists of a floorstanding loudspeaker (DFR52), bookshelf loudspeaker (DBR62), and center-channel loudspeaker (DCR52) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add an Elac powered subwoofer (SUB310 or SUB312 - sold separately) to the Debut Reference Series loudspeakers for bigger, deeper, and more dynamic bass response when watching movies and listening to music.
1 question already asked