Bose® SoundTouch™ wireless adapter
Our take on the Bose® SoundTouch™ wireless adapter by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
If you own a Bose® Lifestyle® Series II home entertainment system, good news. You can now enjoy your digital music library, Internet radio, and other online music sources such as Pandora® through your system. The SoundTouch™ wireless adapter connects to your Lifestyle® system and uses your home Wi-Fi® network to give you convenient wireless access to your favorite tunes.
The simple, powerful SoundTouch™ app
Use the free Bose® SoundTouch™ app to control the music using your Apple® or Android™ smartphone or tablet of choice. You can assign up to six presets from your favorite sources. Presets can be just about anything you want — an Internet radio station, a Pandora® station, a playlist from your own music library, or a favorite artist. Plus, you can use the app to play music from additional stations or services not saved in your presets.The adapter connects to your computer via USB for an easy one-time, guided setup process.
The SoundTouch™ wireless adapter also lets your Bose® Lifestyle® Series II system connect to other SoundTouch™ systems to give you convenient whole-house audio. In "Play Everywhere" mode, your linked systems can play the same music simultaneously — great for parties. Or each system can play independently, giving you different music in different rooms.
- for use with Bose® Lifestyle® Series II home entertainment systems
- connects to your Wi-Fi home network
- supports MP3, WMA, AAC, and Apple lossless audio formats
- USB-A-to-Micro USB cable
- Ethernet port for connection to a wired home network
- USB port for step-by-step system setup via your computer
- AC power adapter
- 9-3/8"W x 2"H x 2-1/2"D
- weight: 12 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- SoundTouch wireless adapter (w/ attached 6' proprietary cable)
- 6' microUSB-B to USB-A cable
- USB thumbdrive (for updates)
- Owner's Guide
- Troubleshoot Contact Information
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
SoundTouch Wireless Adapter: The Bose SoundTouch wireless adapter lets you stream Internet radio, Pandora, and your computer's music library to a compatible Bose Lifestyle system using your home WiFi network. The SoundTouch wireless adapter is compatible with the Series II version of the Lifestyle; including 535, 525, 235, and 135 home entertainment systems (sold separately).
Note: The Bose SoundTouch wireless adapters plugs into your compatible Bose Lifestyle system's rear-panel "Bose-Link" 9-pin port.
Wireless or Wired Network Connection: The SoundTouch wireless adapter offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The system features a rear-panel Ethernet R-J45 port and built-in WiFi. The system's network connection can be setup initially from your Apple iOS (5.0+) device, Android (4.0.3+) smartphone/tablet, Windows PC (XP/7/8), or Mac (OS X 10.68+) computer using the Bose SoundTouch App and the included microUSB-to-USB cable.
SoundTouch Controller App: The Bose SoundTouch Controller app is required for initial setup and control of the Bose SoundTouch music system. The Bose SoundTouch Controller app can be downloaded on your Apple iOS device, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer. Now you'll be able to setup and control the SoundTouch system from your Apple iOS or Android device, or from your Windows or Mac computer. Once initial setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or browse your music library from your home network and computer on the Bose SoundTouch music system through the Bose SoundTouch Controller app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer.
- For Windows PC or Mac Computer: The SoundTouch Controller app for Windows & Mac lets you setup and control the Bose SoundTouch system from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
- For Apple iOS or Android): You can download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from the iTunes Apps store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 5.0+) or Android (4.0.3+) device so you can setup and control the Bose system from your mobile device.
Variety Of Music Sources: The SoundTouch wireless adapter supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, Pandora Radio, music files stored on your computer, and stored music/music apps on your Apple iOS device.
- Internet Radio + Online Music: The SoundTouch system lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect (coming soon), and iHeart Radio (coming soon) online music services. More music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: The SoundTouch 30 can play back MP3, WMA, AAC. and ALAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. FLAC compatibility coming soon. You computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch system.
- AirPlay for iOS devices: You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the SoundTouch Wi-Fi music systems via AirPlay. You can also stream your entire iTunes music library on your laptop/desktop computer using Apple's free Remote app for iPod touch/iPhone/iPad. Your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad must have iOS 4.3 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network as the SoundTouch music system.
Note: You cannot stream music stored on an Android phone or from apps on an Android phone to the Bose SoundTouch system.
Remote Compatible: Using your compatible Bose Lifestyle system's on-screen menu and RF remote, you cam access the SoundTouch wireless adapter by selecting the "SoundTouch" source icon; similar to how you access any other source. From there, you can select one of your six Presets or browse the Recents list. On the Lifestyle system's on-screen menu and remote screen, you will see the online service provider you are listening to, as well as the song/artist/album name.
Multi-Room: The SoundTouch wireless adapter also enables your compatible Bose Lifestyle system to work with other SoundTouch systems (sold separately) throughout the house to create a multi-room listening experience. In "Play Everywhere" mode, these systems work together as one to play the same music, ideal for parties. Or, they can be used to play different music in different rooms.
Note: You can link up to four SoundTouch music systems together for a multi-room/multi-source audio experience. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device.
Mounting Options: The SoundTouch wireless adapter can simply be placed on top of a AV stand, shelf, desk, or cabinet. It can also be hung on the wall using its two key-hole mount slots (screws not included).
USB Ports (Setup Only): The USB type-A and type-B connectors on the back of the system are for setup and updates only. These connectors are not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.