Powered sound bar with wireless subwoofer, Dolby Atmos®, and Wi-Fi®
Sony HT-Z9F - Remote control includes "Vertical S." button to convert any audio into immersive surround sound
Our take on the Sony HT-Z9F by Crutchfield's Emily S.
Sony's Vertical Surround Engine uses digital processing to simulate overhead effects.
Atmos effects in a slim package
Sony unveiled the world's first 3.1-channel Atmos sound bar — the HT-Z9F — to quite a bit of fanfare at the CES show this year. Folks who experienced the demo reported being surprised that a single slim bar and wireless sub could reproduce Atmos and DTS:X content with such an expansive soundfield.
Traditionally the overhead effects of Atmos and DTS:X have been achieved with upward-firing speakers (or in-ceiling speakers if you have that capability). But this sound bar utilizes Sony's brand new Vertical Surround Engine.
This proprietary digital processing simulates height effects using only the sound bar's three front-firing speakers. Since it doesn't need to reflect sound off the ceiling or the walls, you can experience enveloping sound in rooms of almost any size, shape, or ceiling height.
Ready for an even more immersive home theater experience? Pick up Sony's matching SA-Z9R wireless speaker kit for full surround sound.
A multitude of musical options
Do you have a pesky earworm that you simply must share with the rest of the living room? Don't worry — the HT-Z9F makes that easy with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. And Sony's LDAC technology even allows the transmission of some high-res files over Bluetooth from compatible sources. There's also a USB port in the back for your thumb drive full of high-res songs.
A future firmware update will add Chromecast and Spotify Connect to your streaming options. That update will also give you the ability to group and control compatible speakers all over the house using the Sony Music Center app.
- 3-channel sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- creates virtual 7.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Atmos and DTS:X decoding for heightened, three-dimensional soundstage
- click "Vertical S." button on remote control to convert any audio signal into immersive surround
- allows pass-through of 4K and HDR content
- supports Dolby Vision™, HLG, and HDR10 formats
- Add optional Sony SA-Z9R wireless speaker kit for full surround sound
- Google Home compatibility with future firmware update
- gives you voice control over music features and volume
- 3 built-in speakers
- S-Master HX amplifier
- built-in Dolby® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD and Atmos
- supports DTS, DTS-HD, and DTS:X
- Sony's S-Force® PRO/Vertical Surround Engine offers an immersive listening experience
- wall-mounting bracket included
- 39-3/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 4"D
- weight: 6.83 lbs.
- built-in Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- LDAC™ Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming from compatible sources
- USB port for playing MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, and DSD files
- DSEE HX™ improves the sound of compressed music files
- available with future firmware update:
- Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- group and control compatible speakers as part of a multi-room music system with free downloadable Sony Music Center app (previously called SongPal)
- Spotify Connect lets you stream Spotify through the sound bar, controlled by your phone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- DLNA for streaming music from Android smartphones, tablets, and compatible PCs
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for flexible placement options
- AC power required, cord included
- independent subwoofer volume control (via remote)
- 7-1/2"W x 15-1/8"H x 15-1/4"D
- weight: 17.86 lbs.
Connections and General Info:
- 2 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output (one cable included)
- HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to 4K video sources
- HDMI connections support 4K/HDR video, Audio Return Channel, and HDMI-CEC
- optical digital audio input
- USB port for connecting a thumb drive or external hard drive for music
- 3.5mm analog minijack aux input
- Ethernet jack for connection to a wired home network
- wireless TV connection available with future firmware update
- total system power: 400 watts
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar speaker (SA-Z9F)
- Wireless powered subwoofer (SA-WZ9F)
- Soundbar grille
- Remote control (RMT-AH400U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 5' HDMI cable
- 2 Wall-brackets
- 2 Screws
- Operating Instructions
- Startup Guide
- Wall Mount Template
- "Immersive Surround" instructions
- Warranty Sheet
- Online Product Registration Sheet
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Midrange||1.8125" Cone (2)|
|Subwoofer Driver||6.375" Cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||7.1.2|
|4K Video Compatible||Yes|
|HDR Video Compatible||HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||Yes|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||Yes|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in (4.2)|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||---|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||125|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||100|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-9/16H x 39-3/8W x 4-1/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||6.8 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||15H x 7-1/2W x 15-1/4D|
|Subwoofer Weight||17.9 lbs|
Active Soundbar: The Sony HT-Z9F is a 3.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X soundbar that acts as your home theater system's front and center speakers, while utilizing two proprietary Sony technologies (S-Force Pro Front Surround & Vertical Surround Engine) to create virtual rear and height speakers for an immersive surround sound experience. The soundbar speaker houses three full-range 1.8125" cone drivers in an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure powered by a 35 watt x 3-channel S-Master HX digital amplifier for clear and dynamic sound. The soundbar can simply be placed on a shelf or wall-mounted using the included wall-mount brackets.
- S-Force Pro Front Surround: Enjoy immersive, cinematic audio and virtual surround sound in your room with S-Force Pro Front Surround, a technology that reproduces a virtual surround acoustic field from only two front speakers. S-Force Pro Front Surround provides realistic surround sound from this two-piece home theater system. Unlike other "virtual surround" technologies, rear sound is generated from the soundbar speaker using sophisticated digital sound processing and does not need to be bounced off of side walls. No matter what the size or shape of the room or what is on the wall, it is possible to hear sounds from behind you without needing to place speakers behind you.
- Vertical Surround Engine: Vertical Surround Engine, Sony's latest surround technology, lets you enjoy the thrill of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X without ceiling-facing or overhead speakers. No matter what type of room you're in, the soundbar's two front speakers reproduce "vertical" audio, creating virtual surround sound that seems to come from all around you. The HT-Z9F's advanced digital signal processing can even upconvert non Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content to an immersive surround sound effect.
Note: The main listening position should be between 8' to 12' from the soundbar speaker for optimum virtual surround sound performance.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered subwoofer features a front-firing 6.375" woofer inside a bass reflex enclosure with a front-firing port that is powered by a built-in 100W amplifier for deep, dynamic bass response. You can even increase or decrease the wireless powered sub's volume level independent from the system's overall volume level. The powered subwoofer receives its LFE audio signal wirelessly from the soundbar via RF (5GHz) and has a range of approximately 32.8'. The wireless powered subwoofer does require an AC outlet connection.
Optional Wireless Rear Speakers: Add Sony's SA-ZR wireless powered rear speakers (158SAZ9R, sold separately) to the HT-Z9F soundbar system for true wireless surround sound. There are no wires or cables to run from the soundbar to the rear speakers. However, you will need to plug each wireless speaker into an AC power outlet. You can adjust the volume level of the wireless rear speakers independently from the soundbar's overall volume level and the subwoofer volume level.
Digital Surround Sound Formats: The Sony HT-Z9F system supports the following multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI & optical digital inputs.
|Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby
Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, |
DTS: DTS:X, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, DTS
|PCM||2ch / 5.1ch / 7.1ch|
|DSD||2ch / 5.1ch|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS|
Note: To obtain optimum surround sound, you are able to set the soundbar speaker and subwoofer distance (0-33') from your listening position and adjust the output level (-6 to 6dB) of the soundbar speaker and subwoofer independently from one another.
Surround Sound Speaker Setup: To obtain a optimal surround sound you can set the soundbar, subwoofer, and optional rear speaker distance from your main listening position and the output level of each speaker/sub.
Sound Modes: Seven different Sound Modes enhance your entertainment experience - choose from Auto Sound (ClearAudio+), Cinema, Music, Game Studio, News, Sports, or Standard. The Cinema mode provides a more immersive sound for movies, while Music mode lets you hear the detail in every song. Game Studio mode was created by PlayStation developers for serious games, and Sports mode gives you a stadium like atmosphere. News mode provides clearer dialog, while Standard mode is suitable for any content. The Auto Sound mode utilizes Sony's ClearAudio+ technology to automatically optimize the sound setting.
Voice & Night Modes: The HT-Z9F incorporates two Sound Effect modes - Voice & Night. With Voice mode, you'll be sure to hear every whisper and character nuance of the dialog compared to other sounds in the scene for a dynamic experience. Using Night mode, you can enjoy sound effects and hear the dialog clearly even at a low volume levels.
Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) HX: DSEE HX upscaling technology uses an algorithm to analyze your music and replace lost harmonics, restoring audio signals to near high-resolution quality. It upscales compressed digital music files (2ch 44.1/48kHz) and makes them closer to the quality of High-Resolution Audio (up to 96kHz/24-bit equivalent). By restoring the high-range sound lost in the compression process, DSEE HX produces your digital music files in rich, natural sound, closer to the quality of the original recording. This function does not work with DSD music files.
Advanced Auto Volume + Audio DRC: The Advanced Auto Volume function keeps the volume level constant across all programs and advertisements. This function is effective when the volume of a TV commercial is louder than that of the TV program. The Audio DRC function allows you to compress the dynamic range of Dolby Digital sound tracks.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the HT-Z9F system through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Note: Because some televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player and Satellite/Cable box, to the Sony HT-X900F directly; and then connect the HT-Z9F's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Digital + Analog Audio Inputs: The Sony HT-Z9F soundbar system features both analog (minijack) and digital (optical) audio inputs for connecting external audio sources, such as your DVD player and CD player, that do not offer HDMI connectivity. There is single minijack (3.5mm) analog audio input and one optical (toslink) digital audio input. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch), DTS (up to 5.1ch), and PCM (up to 2ch) audio signals.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
HDMI 2.0a: The Sony HT-Z9F is equipped with two HDMI 2.0a inputs and one HDMI 2.0a output to connect your Ultra HD Blu-ray player, satellite/cable box, and TV. The HDMI inputs and output support the latest HDMI 2.0a specifications - including 4K pass-through, HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 color sub sampling, BT.2020 wide color space, & HDR (high dynamic range) video.
- 4K/60Hz Pass-Through: 4K/60Hz pass-through allows the HT-Z9F to receive ultra high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K/60Hz compatible TV or display monitor. It will also pass a 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signal.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by the soundbar system's HDMI input and output. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Sub sampling: The system's HDMI jacks support RGB, Cyber 4:4:4 color sub sampling for more vibrant and lifelike images, as well as Cyber 4:2:2 and Cyber 4:2:0 color sub sampling. With 4:4:4, luminance (brightness) and Chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR (High Dynamic Range) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the soundbar system and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma): HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SIR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SIR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses not metadata, Dolby Vision adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your TV's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended.
Note: Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance.
Triluminos Color: The Sony soundbar speaker system utilizes Sony's Triluminos Color technology to create a heightened sense of depth and incredibly true, natural shades of colors. Hard-to-reproduce reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better too, with natural skin tones.
3D-Ready: The HT-X900F is compatible with 3D-ready Blu-ray disc movies, video games and other 3D content through its HDMI connection (720p/1080i/1080p only). 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be required.
AV Sync: The audio output can be delayed so that the time gap between the audio output and the visual display is minimized. This is especially helpful when you are using a large TV or a projection screen. When activated, the delay can be adjusted from 0-300 ms (in 24 ms increments) or set to Auto.
Standby Pass-Through: You can conveniently access the HT-Z9F's HDMI input and HDMI output through your TV without having to power on the system.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Sony HT-Z9F features a rear-panel Ethernet (RJ-45) port and built-in WiFi that allow you to connect the system to your home network via a hardwired or wireless connection. By connecting the soundbar speaker system to your home network you are able to stream select online music services from Chromecast built-in and audio files stored on your window-based PC to your home audio system. The following system environment is required to use the network function of this system.
- Broadband Line Connection: A Broadband line connection to the Internet is required in order to listen to select online music services and to use the software update function of the speaker system.
- Modem: This is the device that is connected to the broadband line to communicate with the Internet. Some of these devices are integrated with the router.
- Router: Use a router compatible with 100 Mbps or greater transmission speed to enjoy content on your home network. 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz compatible wireless router for WiFi connection.
- LAN Cable (CAT5): A LAN cable (CAT5) is required for hardwired connection.
Chromecast Built-in: Chromecast Built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your from your Android (OS 2.3+) smartphone/tablet, Apple iOS (7.0+) device, Mac computer, Windows PC, or Chromebook to the Sony soundbar speaker system. Chromecast Built-in certified apps include Google Play Music, TuneIn, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, and more (click here for a complete list of compatible apps). Chromecast Built-in streams your music directly from the cloud instead of from your phone, so you won't lose any sound quality. Additional Chromecast Built-in features include:
- Simple-to-Use: Chromecast Built-in allows you to search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the speaker system or draining your battery. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast Built-in compatible phone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
- Google Home: Multiple Chromecast Built-in speakers can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system using the Google Home app. Using the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 9.1+ and Android OS 4.1+), you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast Built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast Built-in compatible music apps are supported.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase a Google Assistant enabled wireless speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The Sony HT-Z9F & the Google Assistant enabled speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Spotify Connect (requires available firmware update): The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly see, select, and stream audio to the Sony HT-Z9F soundbar & sub system from within the Spotify app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.0+). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
DLNA Certified: The Sony HT-Z9F is DLNA certified. By connecting the HT-Z9F to your home network, you can listen to a variety of music files (including Hi Res) stored on your Windows PC (w/ Windows Media Player 11 or 12) or a DLNA (ver.1.5) compatible media server. The system can recognize up to 999 folders and 999 files.
- High Resolution Formats: FLAC (44.1-192k; 16/24-bit), AIFF (32-192kHz; 16/24-bit), & DSD (2.8MHz)
- Uncompressed Formats: WAV (8-48kHz; 16/24-bit) & ALAC (32-96kHz; 16/24-bit)
- Compressed Formats: MP3 (32-320kbps), WMA (48-192kbps) & AAC (48-320kbps)
Music Center Multiroom Audio (requires available firmware update): The Sony HT-Z9F supports Sony's Music Center multiroom audio feature. Using the Music Center app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ & Android 4.4+), you can link multiple Sony Music Center compatible devices (sold separately) together to create zones, allowing you to stream the same music source or different music sources to all your Music Center compatible speakers or groups of speakers. Compatible sources include the soundbar speaker's HDMI, Optical, and Analog inputs, DLNA computers and servers, plus Chromecast built-in music services and Spotify Connect.
- For the best multiroom experience, Sony recommends configuring your wireless band router to a 5Ghz wireless band.
- Music Center Multiroom is not compatible with USB & Bluetooth audio.
- Music Center was previously known as SongPal Link and will also work with SongPal Link compatible Sony products.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Sony HT-Z9F soundbar speaker system features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.1) for wireless audio streaming and control. The system can act as a Bluetooth receiver in order to wirelessly stream music from an audio device, or a Bluetooth transmitter in order to wirelessly stream music to a set of Bluetooth-enabled headphones. You can even setup your compatible TV to stream its audio to the soundbar system wirelessly. You can pair up to nine devices, but only one device can be connected and used at a time. The system has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 98'.
- Receiver Mode (w/ LDAC Support): The Sony HT-Z9F incorporates Bluetooth A2DP 1.3 and AVRCP 1.5, so you can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your source device to the Sony soundbar system. In addition to support for Bluetooth standard SBC codec and Apple's AAC codec, the system also supports Sony's newest LDAC codec. LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted (compared to regular Bluetooth), LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the included remote control. Song/artist information (no album art) is displayed on the system's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
- Transmitter Mode: In Transmitter mode, you can enjoy listening to audio from the soundbar speaker system's DLNA content, online music services from Chromecast built-in, as well as digital and analog connected sources through a set of Bluetooth headphones. The soundbar speaker system is muted when transmitting audio wirelessly over Bluetooth to a set of headphones.
- TV Mode: If your TV supports Bluetooth audio streaming, you can stream the audio from your television wirelessly to the Sony soundbar. Audio streamed from your TV will be limited to 2ch PCM without support for Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony system.
USB Port: The soundbar speaker system is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy music files stored on a USB mass storage class (MSC) device, such as a Sony WALKMAN or USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT12/16/32). Compatible music files range from compressed music files to high resolution music files (the system can recognize up to 500 folders and 500 files). You can use the system's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files with song/artist info (no album art) on your connected USB memory device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the soundbar speaker system's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. Compatible music files include -
- High Resolution Formats: FLAC (44.1-192k; 16/24-bit), AIFF (32-192kHz; 16/24-bit), & DSD (2.8MHz)
- Uncompressed Formats: WAV (8-48kHz; 16/24-bit) & ALAC (32-96kHz; 16/24-bit)
- Compressed Formats: MP3 (32-320kbps), WMA (48-192kbps) & AAC (48-320kbps)
Note: The USB port is not compatible with Apple iOS and Android OS devices. The USB port does not support the connection of USB hubs, card-readers, or computers.
IR Remote w/ Pass-Through: The HT-Z9F comes supplied with a full-function IR remote control for wireless operation of the system. With many other soundbar systems, placing the soundbar speaker on your TV stand can be problematic and block the TV's remote control sensor, forcing you to stand up and angle your remote to control your TV. The HT-Z9F's soundbar speaker features an IR repeater pass-through which allows your TV remote control commands to pass-through the front of the soundbar to the TV behind it, eliminating this problem.
HDMI Control: HDMI Control allows you to easily manage and operate an HDMI Control compatible television and other audio/video components with a single remote, when all components are connected via HDMI. By connecting HDMI-CEC components operation is simplified in the following ways -
- One-Touch-Play: When you playback a component such as a Blu-ray Disc Player, the soundbar speaker system and the TV are turned on automatically and switch to the appropriate HDMI input.
- System Audio Control: While watching TV, you can select to output the sound from the TV speaker or the soundbar speaker system.
- System Power Off: When you turn off the TV, the soundbar system and connected components are also turned off simultaneously.
Music Center Remote App: By downloading Sony's free Music Center app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ & Android 4.4+), you can use your compatible mobile device to control the HT-Z9F system over a wireless WiFi connection. From the Music Center app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select input sources, switch to other entertainment apps, and customize sound settings of the soundbar speaker system.
On-Screen Display: The Sony HT-Z9F provides an on-screen display through its HDMI output for setup, operation, and song/artist info with album art. There is no front-panel display.
Auto Standby: The soundbar speaker system entering standby mode automatically when you do no operate the system for approximately 20 minutes and the system is not receiving an input signal.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Powered sound bar with wireless subwoofer, Dolby Atmos®, and Wi-Fi®C$999.99
Powered sound bar with wireless subwoofer, Dolby Atmos®, and Bluetooth®
Bose® SoundTouch® 300 soundbar
TV sound bar/wireless music system