NAD T 758 V3
7.1-channel home theatre receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Dolby Atmos®
Our take on the NAD T 758 V3 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A receiver for anyone who's serious about sound
NAD's T 758 V3 home theater receiver packs a wallop. Conservatively rated at 110 watts per channel, it brings more punch and dynamics to music and movies than you may be accustomed to hearing from an A/V receiver.
If you want a clear idea of how your favorite musicians and movie directors intended for you to experience their work, fire up this receiver, sit back, and lose yourself for a couple hours.
Immersive home theater thrills
The T 758 V3 has full support for 4K and HDR video, so it works perfectly with the latest Ultra HD TVs and Blu-ray players. Dolby Atmos decoding gives you the most lifelike, multi-dimensional surround sound you can experience at home.
Designed with the future in mind
Clean, powerful amplification never goes out of style. But with rapidly changing developments in digital audio and video, it can be hard to commit to new gear when something newer may be on the horizon.
That's why NAD developed Modular Design Construction. The T 758 V3's digital inputs and outputs are built into a removable circuit board. So if something better comes along, you'll have the option to upgrade your connections without buying a whole new receiver.
A world of wireless music at your fingertips
Connect the T 758 V3 to your home network for easy access to your digital music library and internet radio streaming. Bluesound's proprietary BluOS operating system lets you enjoy lag-free multi-room wireless music with compatible Bluesound speakers and components.
Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music from your computer or a compatible mobile device for a nearly limitless selection of music. You can also use it to stream audio from connected sources to a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
A free app with advanced control options
Operate your system via Wi-Fi using the BluOS Controller app with your Apple® or Android™ device, or your Windows® or Mac® computer. It gives you flexible control over your music system, letting you access, control, and stream music to different Bluesound speakers and other BluOS players around your home. Synchronize multiple audio zones, or stream different music to different zones at the same time. You can even use your Apple Watch to control your system.
A wealth of high-resolution streaming options
BluOS can send 24-bit high-res music to any room in your home, without any loss of sound quality. Stream music from your personal library or from internet streaming services. The selection of supported services — including TIDAL, Spotify®, and Rhapsody®, among others — is one of the most impressive we've seen.
Two assignable channels for a second room
The T 758 V3's "surround back" channels are reassignable. So, if you have five speakers in your home theater, you can power two additional speakers in a second room. You can also use those two extra channels as height channels in a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos system, or to bi-amp your compatible front speakers for clearer sound.
Power and processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 110 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping surround sound
- supports a 5.1.2 Atmos setup
- DTS:X available via future firmware updgrade
- Dirac Live Room Correction Suite™ and NAD SpeakerIQ speaker setup with supplied microphones (firmware update required)
Digital and streaming music options:
- Blueound wireless streaming with included upgrade kit
- includes support for Spotify Connect, TIDAL,Slacker Radio, HighResAudio, JUKE, Deezer, Murfie, Napster, and WiMP
- free internet radio from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- allows further expansion with Bluesound wireless speakers
- compatible file types: MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF
- supports high-resolution playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- Bluetooth® USB micro adapter for wireless music listening from a mobile device or computer
- aptX® encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- dual-room/dual-source output
- "surround back" channels can be reassigned as powered Zone 2 outputs (allows 5.1 home theater in main room)
- line-level Zone 2 stereo outputs for use with a separate amplifier or powered speakers
- optical/coaxial digital and HDMI audio sources cannot be output to Zone 2
Audio Performance Features:
- bi-amp compatible front speakers by reassigning "surround back" channels
- streamlined design eliminates unnecessary features to prevent interference and degradation of sound quality
- 7.1-channel preamp outputs for connection to a separate power amplifier
- Wi-Fi® dongle and extension cable for wireless connection to your home network
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10
- component video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 3 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 1 out
- digital audio inputs: 4 optical (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 coaxial
- digital audio outputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- 4 analog stereo audio inputs (includes 1 pair of front-panel inputs)
- front-panel minijack input for connecting a portable music player or included setup microphone
- 7.1-channel preamp outputs
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- full-sized (1/4-inch) headphone jack
- RS-232C port for automated control systems
- 12-volt trigger output
- remote control (IR) input
- detachable power cord
- Modular Design Construction digital inputs/outputs are installed on a removable circuit board, allowing a future upgrade
- free BluOS controller app for iOS®, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X
- 5 A/V presets for customizing sources, speakers, and settings for easy one-touch recall
- HDMI standby pass-through allows access to all HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver
- 3D pass-through
- on-screen display for easier system setup and operation
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 6-3/4"H x 16-11/16"D
- weight: 33.9 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 7.1ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- BluOS module (with WiFi dongle/Bluetooth dongle installed)
- Auto calibration microphone
- Main IR remote control (AVR 4)
- Zone 2 IR remote control (ZR7)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- 23" USB extension cable
- Front-panel input cover (pre-installed)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Internet Update Guidelines
- BluOS Quick Start Guide
- BluOS/Bluesound brochure
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Fantastic receiver, especially after all the firmware updates!!! Dirac Live is incredible!! Totally love the signature NAD sound & build quality. Will definitely recommend!
Features and Specs
Full Disclosure Power (FDP): NAD uses Full Disclosure Power (FDP), the most demanding criterion for performance measurement. FDP specifies distortion under the most extreme conditions of low impedance loads and frequency extremes, rather than the simple and easy 1kHz @ 8 ohms test quoted by many of other manufacturers. NAD uses this stricter performance criterion because it more closely matches the demands of real music and real loudspeakers. Maintaining specified distortion at 4/8Ω and at 20-20kHz is a much more difficult achievement. The benefit of NAD's Full Disclosure Power is the total elimination of audible distortion at any listening level. This provides pinpoint imaging and realism with music and movies alike.
Assignable 7-Channel Amplifier: The T 758 is rated using NAD's Full Disclosure Power; 60 watts continuous output x 7 channels with all channels running simultaneously from 20-20,000 Hz into 8Ω loads with no more than 0.08% THD. The stereo output is 110 watts continuous x 2 channels under the same conditions. The seven amplifier channels built into the receiver are typically used for 7.2 channel surround in the main room, but there are various amplifier configurations to accommodate your home theater setup.
- 7.1ch: The AV receiver's amplifier channels can be configured as Front Left/Right, Center, Surround Left/Right, and Surround Back Left/Right for Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD 7.1ch playback.
- 5.1.2ch: This amplifier configuration provides Dolby Atmos
5.1.2ch playback with Front Left/Right, Center, Surround Left/Right, and
Overhead Left/Right speakers.
Bi-Amp: You can configure the amplifier for front bi-amp operation to achieve a higher-quality 2-channel sound by connecting the receiver's front and surround back channels to your main front speakers (if compatible). Receiver will be limited to 5.1ch surround.
- Zone 2: The receiver's amplifier channels can be configured as Front Left/Right, Center, Surround Left/Right, and Zone 2 for Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1ch playback in the main zone and 2ch PCM playback in the second zone.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The NAD T 758 V3 AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X (firmware update), DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Immersive Surround Sound: The NAD T 758 V3 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats - like Dolby Atmos & DTS:X (future firmware update).
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the T 758 V3 that lets you to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience.
- DTS:X (future firmware update required): The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the T 758 V3 features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
Post Decoding Formats: The NAD T 758 V3 supports Dolby Surround & DTS Neo:6 (Music/Cinema) to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch and multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS Neo:6: DTS Neo:6 is an advanced matrix decoder that takes any two-channel source (including television broadcasts, CDs and DVDs) and expands it into five or six channels. It also provides separate, optimized modes for stereo music materials and matrix surround motion picture soundtracks. DTS Neo:6 brings you a more revealing sound from ordinary stereo and a more expansive home cinema experience.
Speaker & Room Calibration: The T 758 V3 utilizes NAD's SpeakerIQ speaker setup & the Dirac Live Room Correction Suite to calibrate the receiver to your loudspeakers and room. Future firmware update via a wireless network connection is required (available summer of 2017).
- NAD SpeakerIQ: NAD SpeakerIQ is an easy way for you to set up your home theatre within minutes. Using the supplied microphone, and with the push of a button on the included remote control, NAD SpeakerIQ sends test signals to the various speakers in the room and makes any necessary adjustments to the AV receiver based on measurements of the distance between speaker and listening position, loudness, and frequency response of audio signals from each speaker.
- Dirac Live: With Dirac Live, a state-of-the-art digital room correction technology, you can build the perfect listening environment that corrects for both the timing and colorations in sound using the supplied microphone and its powerful software.
EARS: Two-channel recordings, whether stereo or surround-encoded, are reproduced with proprietary NAD surround processing with signals output to the front left/right, center and discrete left/right surround channels, plus subwoofer. EARS extracts the natural ambience present in nearly all well-produced stereo recordings. It does not synthesize any ambience or other sonic elements and thus remains truer to the sound of the original musical performance than most other music-surround options. EARS offers realistic, stable "front-stage" sonic imaging and spacious but unexaggerated ambient "virtual acoustics" that remain faithful to the original recording. Select EARS for listening to stereo music recordings and broadcasts. EARS produces a subtle but highly natural and believable ambience from nearly all "natural-acoustic" stereo recordings. Typically, these include classical, jazz, and folk genre.
Stereo Modes: The NAD T 758 also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well as an analog bypass stereo mode.
- Stereo: All output is directed to the front left/right channels. Low frequencies are directed to the subwoofer if one is present in the Speaker settings. Select 'Stereo' when you wish to listen to a stereo (or monaural) production, such as music CD or FM broadcast, without surround enhancement. Stereo recordings whether in PCM/digital or analog form and whether surround-encoded or not encoded, are reproduced as recorded. Multi-channel digital recordings (Dolby Digital and DTS) are reproduced in "Stereo Downmix" mode via the front left/right channels.
- Enhanced Stereo: All recordings are reproduced in stereo via the maximum speaker complement. Enhanced stereo can be useful for maximum volume from all channels or for multi-speaker background music (cocktail party) listening. For this mode, Front, Center, Surround and Back speakers can be turned ON/OFF as desired.
- Analog Bypass: All analog signals remain in the analog domain without analog-to-digital conversions. At Analog Bypass, the DSP circuitry is bypassed but full tone control functions remain. 'Bass management' or Speaker settings are also not in effect as these are DSP functions.
7.1Ch Input & 7.1ch Preout: The T 758 V3 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right, and Subwoofer) for connecting an outboard processor or multi-channel analog source. The T 758 V3 also features Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer pre-outs to connect the receiver to external power amplifiers.
Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The AV receiver has binding post speaker terminals for the front, center, surround, and surround back channels. The surround back speaker channels can also be used for Zone 2 speakers. The binding posts can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs. The terminals are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs and a collar surrounding the terminals prevents the use of spade connectors.
Headphone Output: The NAD AV receiver features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on the front-panel for connecting an optional pair of headphones. The unit's speaker outputs are automatically muted when a set of headphones is connected.
Front-Panel Inputs: The NAD T 758 V3 is outfitted with an optical (toslink) digital connector and stereo analog RCA jacks on the front-panel for easy connection of external analog & digital audio devices.
HDMI 2.0b: The NAD T 758 V3 is equipped with three HDMI 2.0b inputs and one HDMI 2.0b output with supports for UltraHD 4K video, HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 color gamut, and High Dynamic Range (HDR) support.
- 4K/60Hz: The T 758 V3 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output (pass-through only - no upscaling). It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI.
- HDCP 2.2: All of the receiver's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the receiver's HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): High Dynamic Range (HDR) provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The receiver supports HDR 10 (no support for Dolby Vision or HLG).
Audio Return Channel (ARC): This feature of the AV receiver's HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
HDMI Pass-through: When the T 758 V3 is in standby mode (power off), the HDMI source signals will continuously pass through the receiver to the TV. The HDMI Control (CEC) feature must be enabled in order for HDMI Pass-through to work.
3D-Ready: With the advent of 3D media, it is important to own a receiver that passes 3D video signals. The T 758 V3 is able to pass 3D signals from your Blu-ray player to your TV via the HDMI connection.
Lip Sync Delay: Video signals may take longer to process than audio signals, depending on the connected video equipment. The audio signal can be delayed up to 120ms to synchronize with the video signal.
BluOS Kit: The included BluOS Kit adds wireless network audio, Bluetooth audio streaming, dual USB ports, and wireless multiroom audio playback to the NAD T 758 V3 receiver. The BluOS kit plugs into the AV receiver's rear-panel USB port.
- WiFi Dongle: A WiFi (802.11 b/g/n) dongle is pre-installed in the BluOS Kit. If you experience poor WiFi reception, unplug the WiFi dongle and plug in the included 23" USB extension along with the WiFi dongle to extend the BluOS Kit's WiFi range.
- Bluetooth Dongle: A Bluetooth dongle is pre-installed in the BluOS Kit.
- Dual USB Ports: The BluOS kits provides two USB MSC (mass storage class) device compatible ports.
Note: The T 758 V3 and the included BluOS Kit do not include a wired Ethernet connection.
BluOS Network Audio Streaming: With the BluOS Kit installed, the T 758 V3 offers wireless network audio playback, letting you stream lossless music to your home theater system from local libraries, tune into Internet Radio stations, and access popular online music streaming services. You can control the music from anywhere in the house using the BluOS Controller App for Apple (iOS 7.0+) & Android (OS 4.0+) devices, plus Windows (Vista-up) & Mac computers (OS X 10.7-up).
- Compatible Audio Files: The T 758 V3 with BluOS Kit supports both low-res and high-res audio files - including AIFF/ALAC/FLAC/MQA/WAV (24-bit/192kHz), WMA-Lossless (24-bit/96kHz), and MP3/WMA/AAC/OGG (320kbps/48kHz). BluOS has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 100,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). BluOS also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
- Online Music Services: The T 758 V3 with BluOS Kit lets you access select online music services & internet radio - including Spotify Connect, TIDAL, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Napster, & Slacker. The BluOS Controller app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art.
- Music Library From Your Mobile Device: From the BluOS Controller App, you can stream music directly over WiFi from your Apple iOS or Android device to the NAD AV receiver and the rest of your BluOS components around your home. The app gives you complete control of your compatible mobile device's music library with song/artist information and album art.
- Computer Audio: Thanks to BluOS, the T 758 V3 will pull music from an existing digital music library across the network on your Windows PC (Vista-up) or Mac computer (OS X 10.8-up) using Windows or SMB File Sharing (SAMBA) and the BluOS Controller App for Windows & Mac.
Note: The T 758 V3 does not offer a built-in AM/FM tuner. The only way to access AM/FM stations is through the TuneIn internet radio service using the BluOS Cotnroller App.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: Thanks to the included BluOS Kit, you can wirelessly pair and connect instantly to the T 758 V3, allowing you to stream stored music and music apps wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled source device; like your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. The high performance Bluetooth aptX codec is fully supported for true CD-quality sound from aptX-compatible Bluetooth devices (like Android OS 4.0+ smartphones & tablets). There is no control or song/artist info display from the NAD AV receiver.
Dual USB-A Ports: The included BluOS Kit gives the T 758 V3 two USB (type-A) ports to directly connect your USB mass storage class (MSC) device; such as a thumbdrive or external hard-drive. The unit's USB ports supports high resolution audio and compressed music playback from these compatible USB devices formatted in FAT 32.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
Note: The USB port is not compatible with the direct connection of an Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android devices.
BluOS Wireless Multiroom Audio: The included BluOS Kit enables the NAD T 758 V3 to become part of the BluOS by Bluesound wireless multiroom audio eco-system, allowing you to stream and control your local and online music effortlessly from anywhere in your home with the BluOS App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device, as well as Windows PC or Mac computer over a wireless WiFi network connection. BluOS offers the ability to group other BluOS compatible wireless speakers and music players (sold separately) with the T 758 V3 for multiroom audio throughout your home. You can play the same audio source in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room.
- High Res Synchronization: BluOS automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple BluOS devices so that your music (up to 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Res audio) coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync and always sounds amazing.
- Compatible Sources: The following sources can be distributed through the BluOS multiroom audio system - All of the receivers analog & digital inputs (excluding HDMI); TuneIn Internet Radio, BluOS music apps & Spotify Connect; Windows PC & MAC computer audio files; Bluetooth & USB audio; plus music libraries stored on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
- Rooms/Grouping: Up to 16 BluOS devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. If you want to connect more than 16 BluOS devices, you will need to connect the other BluOS devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
Note: The NAD T 758 V3 only supports a single BluOS music stream. If you desire a second BluOS music stream through the receiver's multizone output, you will need to connect the Bluesound Node 2 (sold separately) to one of the AV receiver's analog inputs.
Zone 2 (Line-Level or Speaker-Level): Zone 2 allows stereo audio playback of another source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via RCA line-level output or speaker-level output. When using the T 758 V3 to power speakers in a second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.1-channels. When using the receiver's line output terminals for the second room you need an additional amplifier to power your Zone 2 speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains 7.1-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the NAD receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources: Analog audio inputs only,
- Incompatible Sources: HDMI audio/video, Optical/Coaxial digital audio, BluOS audio (including Network, Bluetooth, and USB).
BluOS Controller App: The free BluOS Controller App turns your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad (iOS 7.0+), Android smartphone/tablet (OS 4.0+) Windows (Vista-up) PC or Mac (OS X 10.7-up) computer into a full-featured remote control for the BluOS wireless music system. The BluOS Controller App on your compatible device uses your home's WiFi network to connect with BluOS devices, so you can play all the music you love anywhere in your home for a wireless multiroom music experience. Get on-demand access to your music libraries on your home network, stream live Internet radio from almost any place in the world, or listen to one of the many music services available on BluOS, all from the palm of your hand with the easy-to-use BluOS Controller App.
NAD AV Remote App: Download the free NAD AV Remote App from the Apple Apps Store to control the T 758 V3 from your Apple iOS 6.0+ device (including iPod touch, iPhone, & iPad). Control, adjust and select basic functions - including power, volume, source, and listening mode for all zones with the touchscreen of your compatible iOS device.
Note: The NAD AV Remote App is currently not compatible with Android.
Dual IR Remotes: The T 758 V3 includes an IR remote (AVR 4) for wireless operation of the AV receiver and other NAD AV components. The included Zone 2 IR remote (ZR 7) controls the Zone 2 features of the T 758 V3; it allows control of the Zone 2 volume and source selection, as well as other applicable functions. The ZR 7 remote will work from a different room using an IR sensor and hub, or the IR sensor of a compatible NAD component in the second zone (either must be wired back to the location of the T 758 V3).
HDMI Consumer Electronic Control (CEC): The NAD T 758 V3 supports HDMI Consumer Electronic Control (CEC), which allows you to operate external components via HDMI with one remote. If your TV or other external components support HDMI control, you can use the remote controls of those devices to operate some of the AV receiver's functions, and to synchronize this unit with the operation of those devices. You can use the following operations with the remote control of any of the connected HDMI Control compatible devices.
- Power synchronization (On/Standby)
- Volume control, including Mute
- Changing the volume of the audio output signal device (either the TV or the receiver)
Remote Connections: The NAD T 758 V3 is outfitted with the following remote inputs and outputs for custom integration.
- DC Trigger: The +12 volt output trigger (3.5mm) is programmable and can engage when the receiver is turned on, when Zone 2 is turned on, or when a specific source is used. The output can also be delayed up to 15 seconds.
- IR In/Out: One IR input (3.5mm) & Two Outputs (3.5mm) allow you to connect the T 758 V3 to an infrared repeater and other components with IR inputs.
- RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller; AMX, Crestron or a compatible PC using NAD's proprietary PC software.
Modular Design Construction (MDC): MDC ends the frustration of having to replace your entire AV surround sound receiver just to keep pace with the ever-changing world of AV electronics. NAD's most important recent innovation, MDC battles technology obsolescence by allowing you to upgrade the T 758 V3 with new connectivity and features as new technology becomes available. MDC places all the input circuitry on easily removable plug-in cards; your investment is protected because a single card, rather than the entire receiver, can be replaced when a new format is introduced.
OSD (On-Screen Display): In addition to the unit's front-panel display, the T 758 V3 employs a simple, self-explanatory on-screen display menus system which will appear on your connected television. The OSD is available through the unit's HDMI output only.
5 Custom AV Presets: Five AV presets can be stored with customized settings for listening mode, DSP options (lip sync delay), tone control, speaker setup, and front panel display.
Input Rename: Inputs can be renamed to match your particular connected components.
Switched AC: The maximum output on the 3-prong switched AC outlet on the rear panel is 120 watts/1 amp.
Firmware/Software Updates: Firmware & software updates are performed via the receiver's wireless network connection.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
NAD T 758 V3
7.1-channel home theatre receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Dolby Atmos®
9.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®. Dolby Atmos®, Apple® AirPlay® 2, and HEOS
Cambridge Audio CXR120
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®
NAD T 777 V3
7.1-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Dolby Atmos®