AudioQuest DragonTail for Android™
Micro USB male to USB Type A female adapter
Our take on the AudioQuest DragonTail for Android™ by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Hook your Android device to a high-performance DAC
Use this adapter to connect a compatible high-performance digital-to-analog (DAC), such as the AudiQuest DragonFly® Black or Red, to your Android smartphone or tablet for dramatically enhanced sound quality. The cable's microUSB plug connects to your Android device, activating its host mode and allowing it to transmit audio data over USB to your connected outboard DAC. This adapter features solid conductors with silver plating and foamed polyethylene insulation for accurate, low-noise signal transfer.
- for use with Android smartphones and tablets
- micro USB-to-USB Type A female adapter
- silver-plated conductors for efficient signal transfer
- polyethylene insulation for low-noise transfer
- not compatible witn USB C ports
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 5.25" USB adapter cable for Android devices (terminated by a male microUSB connector on one end and a female USB-A connector on other end)
Worked excellent for what I needed it for
Kevin, Omaha, NE
USB Adapter for Android Devices: The DragonTail microUSB adapter activates USB Host Mode for many Android devices, allowing the devices to transmit USB digtal audio to an outboard digital-to-analog converter (DAC). Using the DragonTail to connect to an external USB DAC, such as an AudioQuest Dragon Fly (sold separately), will provide greatly improved audio performance.
High Quality Construction: The DragonTail microUSB adapter for Android devices offers high-quality construction.
- Solid 5% silver conductors eliminate inter-strand distortion.
- Hard-cell foam insulation maximizes geometry stability.
- Carbon-based noise-dissipation system minimizes RF interference.
- All conductors controlled for RF noise directionality.
USB Connectors: On one end of the DragonTail microUSB adapter is a male microUSB connector which plugs into your Android device's microUSB port. On the other end of the adapter cable is a female USB-A connector which allows you plug in a full-size USB (type-A) male connector.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.