Channel Master 7777
High-gain mast-mount UHF/VHF TV antenna preamp
Our take on the Channel Master 7777 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
The 7777 is part of Channel Master's high-performance Titan 2 series of mast-mounted preamps. It is an ultra-low-noise, ultra-high-gain design that can solve a number of reception problems, and is especially effective for long-range "deep-fringe" applications. Several Crutchfield customers have reported that they are receiving stations from 50+ miles away using the 7777 in combination with Channel Master's 4228HD antenna.
Two-piece mast-mounted preamps have an advantage over more typical one-piece in-line units because the amplifier module is mounted near the antenna itself, to eliminate amplification of any noise or interference in your coax cable. A preamp can improve reception whether the problem is weak signal strength at your antenna, or loss of signal quality due to a long cable run between your antenna and TV.
Installation is simple: run a length of RG-6 cable from your antenna to the 7777's amplifier module, and another RG-6 cable from the amp to the 7777's power supply. Power is provided to the amplifier via the RG-6 cable, so no other wiring is necessary, and the power supply can be placed indoors to avoid exposure to the elements. Finally, run a length of RG-6 from the power supply either directly to your TV, or to a video distribution hub.
- two-piece design with separate mast-mounted amplifier module and indoor power supply
- high-gain, low-noise operation for deep fringe reception
- compatible with both digital and analog TV signals
- amplifies VHF (channels 2-13) and UHF (channels 14-51) signals
- gain: 30 dB
- noise: typically less than 2 dB
- filtering for rejection of out-of-band signals
- switchable FM trap (allows FM reception)
- 75-ohm input and output
- built-in lightning and surge protection
- shielded die-cast aluminum housing
- 5"W x 2-1/4"H x 3-1/2"D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- mast not included
- RG-6 cable is recommended
What's in the Box:
- CM-7777 Mast-mounted antenna preamplifier
- AC/DC adapter (APA1260315U indoor power supply)
- Power Inserter (PCT-MPI-1G)
- 6' Coaxial cable (with threaded "F" connectors on each end)
- Large waterproof weather boot (for connection at antenna)
- 2 Small waterproof weather boots (for connections at preamplifier)
- U-bolt Assembly (with 2 star-washers and 2 hex nuts attached)
- 1 Self-tapping screw (for mounting power inserter)
- Instruction sheet (Eng/Span/Fren)
- Technical support contact sheet
Anonymous, Cookeville, TN
Overview: The Channel Master Titan 2 Model CM-7777 Mast Mounted Antenna Preamplifier provides amplification for HD and digital signals received by your antenna. Preamplifiers can also be used when distributing the antenna signal to multiple TVs, as splitters reduce the signal strength at each output. The preamplifier comes with an indoor power supply, which connects via coaxial cable.
Signal Gain: The CM-7777 is a high gain, low noise preamplifier to be used in weak signal areas to boost the antenna signal to a viewable strength. The preamplifier provides 30 dB of signal gain on both VHF and UHF bands, at frequencies between 54 MHz and 1002 MHz.
Warning: Because of the high gain output, the CM-7777 is recommended for applications where ALL broadcast towers are 80+ miles away. Just one high power signal or broadcaster in close proximity can cause over-amplification, which can result in the loss of reception. For 98% of consumer applications, the CM-7778 Medium Gain Preamplifier is recommended.
Switchable FM Trap: The amplifier has an FM trap to block FM signals to prevent them from interfering with the TV signal. If you wish to unblock the FM signals, you will need to remove the cover, held in place by 4 Phillips-head screws, and set the switch to "Out".
Case: The CM-7777 features a rugged, outdoor-rated housing that can withstand temperatures up to 140°F. The preamplifier mounts to the antenna mast with the supplied U-bolt assembly just below the antenna. The unit mounts with the connections facing downward to keep moisture out of the housing and the connections dry.
Note: The preamplifier and supplied U-bolt assembly are designed for use with antenna masts up to 1-3/4" in diameter.
Connections: The CM-7777 has two F-type 75-ohm connections at the preamplifier: a combined VHF/UHF input, and an output/power connection. The indoor power supply (AC adapter) connects via coaxial cable, and includes a power inserter to energize the mast-mounted amplifier along the cable.
- Width: 4.904"
- Height: 2.54" (without cables connected)
- Depth: 3.733"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.