6-pair speaker selector
Our take on the Niles SS-6 by Crutchfield's Barry Montgomery
The Niles SS-6 lets you send music from a single amplifier or receiver to six pairs of speakers throughout your home. Push-button controls let you turn each pair of speakers on and off independently. Selectable impedance-magnifying circuitry prevents damage to your receiver or amp, letting it safely drive all six pairs at once.Details:
- handles up to 100 watts per channel
- selectable impedance magnification safeguards your system
- requires an amplifier or receiver capable of driving a 4-ohm load
- accepts speaker wires up to 14 gauge or pin connectors
- includes room/speaker labels
- rugged all-metal chassis
- 11-1/2"W x 2-1/16"H x 6-1/2"D
- warranty: 10 years
Very simple to install and use with great benefits .
Alex, Casa Grande, AZ
What's in the Box:
- Speaker selector
- Sheet of self-adhesive Room/Zone Labels
- Installation and Operation Guide
- Warranty and Registration card
Construction: The chassis is durable black metal with padded feet.
Speaker Switches: Each set of speaker outputs has an on/off switch so any combination of connected speakers can be played at any given time.
Protection Switch: The impedance protection switch on the front of the unit safeguards the receiver or amplifier even when all pairs of speakers playing.
Note: You will need to activate the Protection switch whenever the overall system impedance might fall below 4 ohms. It is recommended to verify that the receiver or amplifier is capable of driving a 4-ohm load.
Removable Speaker Terminals: There are six removable speaker output terminal blocks and one removable speaker input terminal block, each of which can accept 14 to 22-gauge wire (16-gauge recommended). This makes it easier to wire the speaker selector into your system.
Labels: Included are 72 pre-printed and 6 blank label stickers for easy identification of the front panel controls.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz, +/- 0dB (flat)
- Power Handling: 100 watts per channel RMS at 8 ohms
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.