Bose® Acoustimass® 5 Series V speaker system
Our take on the Bose® Acoustimass® 5 Series V speaker system by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Fill your room with sound, not speakers
Enjoy clear, lifelike stereo sound without cluttering your living space. The Bose® Acoustimass® 5 Series V speaker system includes two small Direct/Reflecting® Series II satellite speakers, plus a hideaway Acoustimass module for a stealthy system that delivers big sound. Inside each sleek, low-profile satellite are two precisely angled drivers that provide the perfect mix of direct and reflected sound for a spacious music-listening experience. Optional brackets (not included) make it easy to mount them on the wall or the ceiling. The compact Acoustimass module can be placed anywhere in your room — even out of sight — to enjoy deep bass that seems to emanate from the tiny satellites. Clearly marked cables and connectors make setup exceptionally quick and easy.
- includes 2 Direct/Reflecting® Series II satellite speakers and 1 Acoustimass® module
- recommended power 10-200 watts with receivers rated from 4 to 8 ohms
- Direct/Reflecting Series II speaker arrays
- Direct/Reflecting® design technology blends direct and reflected sound to re-create a more natural and spacious sound
- dual drivers inside each cabinet are set at precise fixed angles to deliver a consistent listening experience over a wide area
- 3-3/8"W x 7-1/2"H x 3-3/8"D
- Acoustimass® bass module
- 7-9/16"W x 14-1/8"H x 19-1/16"D
- clearly marked cables and connectors included for easy installation
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Direct/Reflecting dual-cube speakers
- Acoustimass module
- Two 20' speaker cables (terminated by propriety connectors on one end and bare wire on other end)
- Two 20' speaker cables (terminated by bare wire on each end)
- 4 Rubber feet
- Owner's Guide
- Setup Guide
- "Our Commitment To You" Letter
- Warranty?Registration Information
- Warranty Note
Sounds great! Bose needs to quality control speaker wires.Both units had bad connection.
Dickie, Attalla, AL
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||2.5|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Optional|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||31-36|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
2.1Ch System: The Bose Acoustimass 5 (V) system features two direct/reflecting dual-cube speaker arrays and a passive Acoustimass module. This combination produces a powerful, stereo experience. Speakers cables are also included.
2 Direct/Reflecting Dual-Cube Speakers: Direct/Reflecting speaker technology helps the two compact dual-cube speaker arrays to deliver more open, spacious sound throughout the listening area. You hear enhanced sound and exceptionally lifelike stereo with a larger soundstage. Each of the two dual-cube speaker arrays features dual 2.5" wide-range "Twiddler" drivers.
Acoustimass Module: The Acoustimass module uses a proprietary enclosure and patented technologies to produce deep, rich bass with clarity and balance that compliment the two dual-cube speakers perfectly. The Acoustimass module has a front-firing bass port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response.
Wiring: The included speaker cables are run from the left and right speaker output of your receiver to the Acoustimass module which has two spring clip speaker inputs. Wires are then run from the two spring clip speaker outputs on the Acoustimass module to the left and right dual-cube speaker's proprietary inputs. Since the crossover networks needed to protect the cubes are in the Acoustimass module and not in the individual dualcubes, the units must be connected this way.
Mounting Options & Placement: The Bose AM5 (V) system offers flexible placement for the speakers and Acoustimass module.
- Speaker Mounting: These speakers can be simply table-top mounted, or you can mount the speakers on wall-brackets, floor-stands, or table-stands (all sold separately).
- Acoustimass Module Placement: For best sound quality, the Acoustimass module should be placed on along the same wall and equal distance to the two dual-cube speakers.
Recommended Power: The Bose AM5 (V) speaker system is compatible with AV receivers and amplifiers rated from 10 to 100 watts per channel, rated from 4 to 8 ohms.
Auto System Protection: When played at high volume, the Bose Acoustimass 5 (V)'s automatic protection circuit activates to prevent damage to the system from electrical stress or overload. When this happens, you may notice a slight decrease in volume. This indicates that the power input may have exceeded safe levels.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.