Bose® SoundTouch® 10 wireless speaker
From Bose: SoundTouch Less Effort. More Music.
From Bose: SoundTouch Wireless Music System
Our take on the Bose® SoundTouch® 10 wireless speaker by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Engineered for multi-room audio
If you love Bose® products for their legendary sound and simple operation, good news. Now you can enjoy all that in a multi-room audio system. The compact Bose® SoundTouch® 10 wireless music system can get you started. It's small enough to place just about anywhere in the room, yet still delivers full, rich sound. Just place it where you want it, plug it into a wall outlet, and you're ready to begin. Then just add other SoundTouch® systems to wirelessly expand into other rooms. You can play the same music simultaneously throughout your home, or have each SoundTouch® system play different music from a different source.
The Bose® SoundTouch® 10 wireless music system comes with a host of music services built in.
Connects to your home wireless network
The SoundTouch® 10 system uses your home Wi-Fi® network, and comes with Internet radio and popular music services built in. You'll have a world of music conveniently available at your fingertips. And because it's Bose®, setup and operation is easy and intuitive.
Built-in Bluetooth expands your listening options
The SoundTouch® 10 system also has built-in Bluetooth. So if you just want to stream music from your smartphone or tablet, no problem. You'll enjoy the same legendary Bose® sound from your Bluetooth-enabled portable device. And using Bluetooth lets you stream audio from any app you want. If you can play it on your device, you can hear it on your Bose® SoundTouch® system.
The simple, powerful SoundTouch® app
The free SoundTouch® app from Bose® is the key to simple setup and control. It makes it easy to select music and operate the SoundTouch® 10 system using your smartphone, tablet, or even a computer.
The app lets you choose from music services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and Deezer for a practically unlimited amount of online music (subscription required for Spotify and Deezer). Or, listen to thousands of free Internet radio stations from around the world with iHeartRadio. You can use the app to save stations and playlists as presets for instant recall with the included remote, or simply by using the control buttons on top of the speaker.
- connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- free SoundTouch® app lets you control the player and play music with your Apple® or Android™ device as well as Mac® and Windows® PCs
- support for online music services, including Spotify, Pandora, Deezer Premium, and iHeartRadio for thousands of free internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- expand your multi-room system with additional Bose® SoundTouch® speakers
- play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- six presets offer instant music playback with the press of a button on the speaker or remote
- stereo minijack auxiliary input for portable devices
- simple app-based setup using your mobile device
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and Apple Lossless (ALAC) files
- 5-5/8"W x 8-3/8"H x 4-1/2"D
- weight: 4.1 lbs.
- requires AC power (AC adapter provided)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Active wireless speaker
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (CR2032 3V battery installed)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- "All System Updates" note
Excellent sound and quality !
sue, Utica, MI
SoundTouch Wireless Music System: The SoundTouch 10 is part of the Bose SoundTouch wireless music ecosystem which allows you to play music throughout your home. The SoundTouch ecosystem is able to stream music wirelessly throughout your house over your home's WiFi network; it even works with your Bluetooth devices. With SoundTouch, you can stream Internet radio, select music services, and your music library throughout your home. A free Bose app transforms your Apple iOS or Android mobile device into the system's remote control.
SoundTouch 10 Wireless Speaker: The SoundTouch 10 wireless speaker can be used by itself in one room or paired with other Bose SoundTouch wireless speakers to create a multi-room audio system.
- Single Full-Range Driver: The SoundTouch 10 wireless speaker has a single full-range deliver, built-in amplifier, and rear-firing port that delivers room-filling sound. It is precisely angled to deliver balanced sound throughout your room.
- Mounting Options: The SoundTouch 10 wireless speaker has been designed to simply sit on a flat table-top surface. There are no wall-mount options available.
Multiroom Audio: For most home networks, you can link up to four SoundTouch music systems together for a multi-room/multi-source audio experience. For more than four rooms, Bose recommends using Ethernet wired connections to some of the SoundTouch systems. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer. Compatible sources include -
- Internet radio & online music services
- Bluetooth & computer audio
- Aux input
Built-in WiFi: The Bose SoundTouch 10 offers built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) to wirelessly connect to your home network. The SoundTouch 10's WiFi network connection can be setup initially from the SoundTouch Controller App on your Apple iOS (7.0+) device or Android (4.1+) smartphone/tablet. You can also use a microUSB-to-USB cable (not included), along with the SoundTouch Controller App for system setup from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac (OS X 10.68+) computer.
SoundTouch Controller App: The Bose SoundTouch Controller app is required for initial setup and control of the Bose SoundTouch music system. The Bose SoundTouch Controller app can be downloaded on your Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer. Now you'll be able to setup and control the SoundTouch system from your Apple iOS or Android device, or from your Windows or Mac computer. Once initial setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or browse your music library from your home network and computer for playback on the Bose SoundTouch speaker system.
- For Apple iOS or Android: You can download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from Apple's App Store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 7.0+) or Android (4.1+) device so you can setup and control the Bose system from your mobile device.
- For Windows PC or Mac Computer: The SoundTouch Controller app for Windows & Mac lets you setup and control the Bose SoundTouch system from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Variety Of Music Sources: The Bose SoundTouch 10 supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, select online music services, music files stored on your computer, as well as stored music & music apps on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Internet Radio & Online Music: The SoundTouch system lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, and Deezer (coming soon) online music services. More music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: The SoundTouch 10 can play back MP3, WMA, AAC. and ALAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. You computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch system.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, the SoundTouch 10 can wirelessly play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, or other Bluetooth compatible device. You can pair up to eight devices with one actively connected. You will need to setup the SoundTouch 10 on your WiFi network and perform all system updates before you can pair your Bluetooth device and stream audio.
Note: All music sources can be streamed to multiple SoundTouch systems.
Six Presets: You can personalize six presets to your favorite streaming music services and Internet radio stations, or playlists, artists, albums, and songs from your computer's music library. The presets can easily be set, changed, and accessed directly on the system or with the free SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer. You cannot set presets for Bluetooth or the Aux input.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity, the SoundTouch 10 is fitted with a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting almost any portable audio device with a headphone jack or audio output. An available firmware update lets you distribute the aux input for multiroom audio.
IR Remote: The included IR remote provides basic wireless operation of the Bose SoundTouch 10 speaker. You are able to Power the unit on/off, adjust volume up/down, select between Bluetooth or Aux sources, or choose between the six music presets. You also get basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. You even get to rate your music (thumbs up/down) from the remote as you listen.
Alexa Skill (via Firmware Update): The new Bose Skill for Amazon Alexa is available through a free network firmware update and is enabled through the Skills section of the Amazon Alexa companion app on your Apple iOS or Android device. The update enables you to control certain elements of the SoundTouch experience through Alexa by speaking to an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, Echo Show, or other Alexa-enabled device. Simply say "Alexa, ask Bose to...". Voice control functions include-
- Play music set to a SoundTouch preset.
- Play content in a specific room.
- Play the same music on all SoundTouch devices (everywhere).
- Find out what's playing.
- Play/pause/resume and skip tracks.
- Adjust volume.
- Turn on/off.
AC Power: The SoundTouch 10 wireless speaker operates off of standard household current using the supplied 5' AC power cord.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Ralph Graves
What's the best way to stream music? Wi-Fi or Bluetooth? It depends on what you want to do, and which device you want to use.