Polk Audio Signature S10
Satellite speakers (Washed Black Walnut)
Crutchfield: Polk Signature Series home speakers
From Polk: Signature Series Speakers
Our take on the Polk Audio Signature S10 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Small speakers, big performance
Polk's Signature S10 speakers fit just about anywhere. These compact satellites deliver clean, dynamic sound, no matter what you listen to. Perfect as unobtrusive surround speakers in a multichannel home theater system or for high-resolution stereo music in smaller spaces, their sleek, stylish look adds a touch of class to any room.
Built for smooth sound
The S10s are made with high-quality materials for natural, low-distortion sound. Each cabinet houses a 1" high-resolution Terylene dome tweeter for clear, detailed highs and realistic reproduction of instruments and vocals. The highly efficient 4" Dynamic Balance® woofer is made of lightweight yet durable mica-reinforced polypropylene. Non-resonant MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) cabinets and anti-diffraction magnetic grilles provide an acoustically inert structure for reduced sonic interference. Polk's exclusive Power Port technology helps these ultra-compact satellite speakers deliver better low-frequency response. .
Build a complete Signature system
Add more Polk Signature speakers for seamless surround sound.
Bookshelf speakers: Polk Signature S15 and Polk Signature S20
Center channel: Polk Signature S30 or Polk Signature S35
Floor-standing speakers: Polk Signature S50, Polk Signature S55, or Polk Signature S60
Round out the low end with a Polk powered subwoofer.
- frequency response: 67-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- handles up to 100 watts
- 1" Terylene high-res dome tweeter
- 4" mica-reinforced polypropylene Dynamic Balance® cone driver
- Power Port® technology for better bass response
- non-resonant MDF cabinet
- anti-diffraction magnetic grilles for minimal sonic interference
- 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- keyhole slot and threaded insert for wall-mounting
- 5-7/16"W x 8-7/16"H x 6-3/16"D
- weight: 6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grille (attached)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Wall-mount template
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration
Excellent sound from a compact speaker, perfect fo desktop or surrounds, these will very nicely compliment my other Polk speakers S60's , S35, S20's.
Thomas, Bayonne, NJ
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Woofer Composition||Mica-reinforced polypropylene|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Frequency Response||67-40k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-31|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Dynamic Balance Drivers: Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance. Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion. Using just the right materials enables Polk to eliminate issues that reduce speaker performance and tune out performance-robbing resonances before they occur. Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to. The Polk Signature S10 bookshelf loudspeaker incorporates a Dynamic Balance two-way driver array with one 1" tweeter and one 4" woofer.
- Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter: The Signature S10 bookshelf loudspeaker utilizes Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter to deliver clear and detailed high-end response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments. It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
- 4" Mica-Reinforced Polypropylene Woofer: The Signature S10 bookshelf speaker employs one 4" Dynamic Balance low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene cone woofer for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic midrange and midbass. This mica-reinforced polypropylene woofer features a butyl rubber surround, massive ceramic motor structure, and a high-temperature Conex fiber spider that combine to create a driver of exceptionally high efficiency, for clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Power Port Technology: The Signature S10 bookshelf incorporates Polk's Power Port technology with a specially designed rear-firing port. Power Port technology smoothly transition air flow from inside the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence and distortion. Polk's patented Power Port technology delivers 3dB more bass response than a traditional ported speaker.
Non-Resonant Enclosure: The bookshelf speaker's strong, rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration. And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, extra bracing, and a thick front baffle ensure a more lifelike sound. The enclosure's curved edges not only look cool, they reduce standing waves inside the cabinet for less audible coloration. The enclosure features a beautiful black washed walnut finish.
Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille: The Signature S10 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound. The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove the grille from the bookshelf speaker.
Two-Way Crossover: The bookshelf speaker employs a high-performance two-way crossover array (2.5kHz) for seamless blending and optimum time alignment of the tweeter & woofer, creating a lifelike soundstage.
5-Way Binding Posts: The bookshelf loudspeaker features 5-way binding posts for a secure connection to your speaker wire. The 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual). The speaker terminals are color coded for easy identification between positive (red) and negative (black).
Applications & Placement: The Signature S10 bookshelf speakers can be used as front and/or surround speakers in a home theater setup. They can also be used in a simple stereo application. If your AV receiver offers built-in bass management, the S10 should be set to "Small" to filter out low bass frequencies.
- Placement for Front Speakers: As a pair of front speakers in a home theater or stereo setup, create an equilateral triangle between the speakers and the listening position - with the speakers placed as far apart from one another as the listeners are sitting from them.
- Placement for Surround Speakers: As surround speakers, the S10 should be placed on a side wall slightly behind and above the listening position. If you cannot place the speakers on the side walls, position them on the rear wall above the listening area.
Mounting Options: The S10 bookshelf loudspeakers come with self-adhesive rubber feet so they will sit safely and securely on your speaker stands or shelf. The included rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the height of the speaker. The bookshelf speakers also have a keyhole slot bracket on the back panel, allowing the speakers to be mounted on the wall using optional mounting screws (sold separately). In addition, there is a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of each speaker allowing you to wall-mount the speakers with an optional mounting bracket (sold separately). A wall-mount template is provided to assist you.
Signature Series: Polk designed its Signature Series of loudspeakers to bring a big surround sound and a live music experience into the comfort of your living room at an affordable price. Featuring Hi-Res certification with a new high-resolution Terylene tweeter, redesigned Dynamic Balance drivers, precision crossovers, an anti-diffraction magnetic grille, modern cabinet styling and exclusive Power Port bass enhancing technology, Polk's Signature series loudspeakers deliver crystal clear highs, detailed midrange, and deep bass; plus they look great in almost any decor. The Signature Series by Polk consists of two center-channel speakers, three bookshelf loudspeakers, and three tower speakers.
Note: You may also want to add one of Polk Audio's powered subwoofers (sold separately) for even more bass response.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Video Team
Polk Signature Series home speakers give you big sound for your music and home theatre. They're high-res certified, and they look great, too.
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Frequently Compared With
Polk Audio Signature S10
Polk Audio Blackstone TL2
Single satellite speaker
Polk Audio OWM3
Multi-purpose home theater speakers
Polk Audio Signature S15