Dolby Atmos® enabled add-on speaker modules
Item # 580SKH410 | MFR # SK-H410
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Onkyo SKH-410 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Ease into Dolby Atmos with these add-on modules
For most home theater enthusiasts, upgrading to a Dolby Atmos surround sound system means not only adding an Atmos receiver, it also means replacing or adding new speakers. But what if you love your current speakers, and don't want to mount speakers in your ceiling to hear those cool Atmos sound effects? Here's an easy, and affordable, answer — Onkyo's SKH-410 Dolby Atmos enabled add-on speaker modules.
Bouncing off the ceiling for better surround sound
How do these compact speaker modules work? It's pretty simple. They connect to your Dolby Atmos receiver's height channels and sit on top of your existing front speakers to deliver engulfing Atmos surround sound. Each module contains a full-range 3-1/4" driver. These drivers are angled upward and feature controlled dispersion, so they can reflect sound off of your ceiling and back down to your listening positions. Use a pair of '410s with your front speakers, plus add a second pair to your rear surround speakers for an even more enveloping experience. Anti-vibration rubber feet are included to protect your speakers' finish. And Onkyo includes brackets for wall mounting your modules, if you prefer.
- Dolby Atmos enabled add-on speaker modules
- designed to sit on top of floor-standing front speakers or A/V equipment cabinet (can also be wall mounted with included brackets)
- drivers are angled up to reflect sound off the ceiling, for a heightened soundstage and overhead effects
- connect to a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver's height channels
- 3-1/4" cone driver in each speaker
- sealed (acoustic suspension) enclosure
- frequency response: 90-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 6 ohms
- sensitivity: 84 dB
- rated input power: 25 watts (100 watts max)
- sturdy wood enclosures with brushed laminate finish and cloth grilles
- includes anti-vibration rubber feet and wall-mount brackets
- two 10' speaker cables included
- 4-3/4"W x 6-1/16"H x 6"D
- weight: 2.6 lbs. each
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Priced per pair
What's in the Box:
- 2 Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers
- Two 9.75' lengths of speaker wire (bare-wire on each end)
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Screws
- 8 Rubber pads
Good option for the price, especially if you can't put speakers in your ceiling.
audio, Portland, OR
Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers: The Onkyo SKH-410 speakers are a convenient and affordable way to unlock the full Dolby Atmos sound experience in your home theater. You get to keep your existing 5.1ch or 7.1ch speaker setup exactly as you like it, with no need to install in-ceiling speakers. The Onkyo SKH-410 speaker modules connect to your Dolby Atmos-compatible A/V receiver's height channels and are designed to sit on top of your floorstanding front speakers or on an entertainment unit.
Angled 3.25" Full-Range Driver: In order to reproduce these sound objects that originate from overhead (like a helicopter, raindrops, the flight of an arrow, etc.) the SKH-410 speaker modules each have an upwardly angled 3.25" full-range driver housed in the cabinet. Each speaker module bounces individually separate and distinctly coded sound effects off the ceiling and to your ears and created an overhead sonic plane, moving the sound around and above you in multidimensional space.
Heightened Sound: These speaker modules contain a Dolby Atmos-certified special network that allows the angled full-range driver to beam sound "objects" (such as birdcalls or an aircraft) off your ceiling and into your ears. The result is a multi-dimensional sound, with precisely localized effects moving over and all around you, an intensely realistic sonic experience that truly puts you in the middle of the scene.
Sealed Wood Cabinet: The speaker modules are constructed from sturdy wood and finished in black wood-grain laminate. The cabinet employs an acoustic suspension (sealed) design for accurate imaging.
Spring-Clip Speaker Terminals: The Onkyo SKH-410 speaker modules are fitted with spring-clip terminals to connect to your Dolby Atmos-enabled AV receiver's Front Height channels. Two 9.75" lengths of speaker cable are provided. The spring-clip terminals will accept bare-wire (up to 12AWG) and pin-connectors.
Mounting Options: The SKH-410 speaker modules are designed to be placed on top of your existing front speakers or AV furniture. Rubber anti-vibration feet are included to protect your speakers or furniture. The Dolby Atmos-enabled speaker modules can also be wall-mounted using the included wall-mount brackets with keyhole slots (mounting screws not included). Regardless of mounting application, the SKH-410 speakers should be placed at the front of the room, above your eye height, with the full-range driver directed at the ceiling.
System Requirements: System requirements needed for Dolby Atmos are as follows:
- Equipment Requirements: In addition to the Onkyo SKH-410 speakers and your 5.1ch or 7.1ch speaker setup, you must have a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver, and Blu-ray Disc Content encoded for Dolby Atmos (all sold separately).
- Room Requirements: The listening room ceiling should have a horizontal flat hard surface (for audio reflection) and a height of 8' to 14'.
Note: Learn more about Dolby Atmos here.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.