Music Hall Mat
Decoupling cork turntable platter mat
Our take on the Music Hall Mat by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Put a cork on it for better sound
If you're using the standard felt or rubber platter mat that comes supplied with many turntables, try the Music Hall Mat instead. This thin, lightweight cork mat works with any turntable to deliver cleaner sound with less background noise than conventional mats, for greater detail and dimensionality. Its 12 isolation discs and single larger center disc help lift and support your records, decoupling them from the platter and reducing unwanted vibration. And unlike felt, cork provides more grip to reduce record slippage, and it fights dust-attracting static, so your records stay cleaner.
- natural cork mat reduces transmitted vibration and decouples records from turntable platter for better sound
- anti-static properties help reduce static electric charge on records
- grips vinyl better than felt mats for less slippage
- extra-thin design to avoid causing changes in VTA (Vertical Tracking Angle)
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Cork turntable mat
This is a good mat that definitely improved the low end. Unfortunately I don't believe it's worth the money.
MikeB, las vegas, NV