Metra 70-8902 Receiver Wiring Harness
Connect a new car stereo in select 2012-up Subaru vehicles with Harman Kardon system
Metra 70-8902 Receiver Wiring Harness
This vehicle-specific wiring harness makes connections between your new car stereo and your car's electrical system.
First, attach the color-coded wires on your Crutchfield-supplied harness to the wires from your new stereo. If you're not using a soldering iron, we recommend that you purchase some wire connectors to secure the connections. Check out our handy article on three ways to connect the wiring harness here.
Now, once this harness is connected to your new stereo, you'll be able to plug right into your car's factory radio connector. This harness makes installing your new stereo easier, and allows you to put the factory radio back when you sell your vehicle or return it at the end of the lease. A detailed instruction sheet comes with the harness. Warranty: 60 days.
Please read this important note: This harness may not contain provisions for every wire needed to complete your installation, and it will not accommodate special navigation, video, or factory steering wheel control connections. You will need a special adapter if you want your factory steering wheel audio controls to work with your new stereo.
Note: Most vehicles will require additional installation parts please identify your vehicle if you haven’t done so. You can also call an Advisor for more information.
What's in the Box:
- 6.5" Receiver power/ground/front speaker harness
- 12" Receiver rear speaker harness
- 12" Aux/SWC harness
Crutchfield Wiring Harness: Crutchfield wiring harnesses prevent you from having to cut your vehicle's factory radio plug when replacing your factory radio with an aftermarket head unit. Simply solder or crimp the Crutchfield wiring harness to your aftermarket head unit's harness (solder & crimps not included), plug the aftermarket head unit's plug into the rear chassis of the aftermarket head unit, and plug the Crutchfield wiring harness into your vehicle's factory radio plug.
Note: Installation tools, hardware, & accessories are not included & sold separately. Please see the Accessories tab for recommendations & availability.
Wiring Notes: If the Crutchfield wiring harness is not equipped with a ground wire, you will need to ground the aftermarket head unit's ground wire to the metal chassis of your vehicle. Some vehicle's may require you to bypass the vehicle's factory amplifier (in another location from factory radio) or hardwire certain connections. If your vehicle is equipped with factory steering wheel controls, an additional adapter is required & sold separately.
Retained Features: This harness retains the following factory features.
- Harman Kardon Amp: The harness lets you retain your vehicle's factory Harman Kardon amplifier; your aftermarket head unit must be equipped with at least 4 channel preamp outputs.
- Aux Input: To retain the vehicle's factory Aux input, your aftermarket head unit must have a rear-panel Aux input (male mini to female stereo RCA adapter may be required, sold separately).
- Reverse Output: A reverse output wire is included in the harness to make installing an aftermarket back-up camera to your new aftermarket stereo.
- Optional Steering Wheel Control Interface: The included wiring harness features a right-angle 3.5mm connector that lets you keep your vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls via the optional Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface (120ASWC1, sold separately).
Wire Code Chart:
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White RCA||Front Left Speaker|
|Gray RCA||Front Right Speaker|
|Green RCA||Rear Left Speaker|
|Purple RCA||Rear Right Speaker|
|White RCA||Left Aux Input|
|Red RCA||Right Aux Input|
|3.5mm Jack||SWC Connector for 120ASWC1|
The Crutchfield Car Selector: Please visit the Crutchfield Car Selector for your specific type of vehicle.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.