Bose® SoundTouch™ wireless adapter
From Bose: SoundTouch One Touch
From Bose: SoundTouch Wi-Fi Music System
From Bose: SoundTouch Works with Wi-Fi
From Bose: SoundTouch Works with Wi-Fi
Item # 018STWAII | MFR # 716266-0110
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Bose® SoundTouch™ wireless adapter by Crutchfield's David Brown
If you own a Bose® Lifestyle® or CineMate® system that's compatible with Bose® SoundTouch™, add this adapter for convenient wireless music playback. It lets you enjoy your digital music library, Internet radio, and other online music sources such as Pandora® through your system. The SoundTouch™ wireless adapter uses your home Wi-Fi® network to give you access to your favorite tunes. This adapter is compatible with the CineMate® 120, CineMate® 130, CineMate® 520, and Lifestyle® 135 Series II systems.
The simple, powerful SoundTouch™ app
The free SoundTouch™ app from Bose® is the key. It gives you easy control of music using your smartphone, tablet, or even a computer. The app lets you choose from music services like Pandora, Spotify®, and Deezer Premium, for a practically unlimited amount of online music (subscription required for Spotify and Deezer). Or, listen to thousands of free Internet radio stations from around the world with iHeartRadio. You can use the app to save stations and playlists as presets for instant recall with the included remote, or simply by using the control buttons on top of the speaker.
The SoundTouch™ wireless adapter also lets your compatible Bose® Lifestyle® or CineMate® system connect to other SoundTouch™ systems to give you convenient whole-house audio. In "Play Everywhere" mode, your linked systems can play the same music simultaneously — great for parties. Or, each system can play independently, giving you different music in different rooms.
- for use with compatible Bose® Lifestyle® and CineMate® home entertainment systems
- connects to your Wi-Fi home network for wireless music streaming
- free SoundTouch™ app lets you play music with your Apple® or Android™ device as well as Mac® and Windows® PCs
- expand your multi-room system with additional Bose® SoundTouch® speakers
- play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- supports MP3, WMA, AAC, and Apple lossless audio formats
- 6' USB-A-to-Micro USB cable for setup
- Ethernet port for connection to a wired home network
- USB port for step-by-step system setup via your computer
- AC power adapter
- 9-3/8"W x 2"H x 2-1/2"D
- weight: 12 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- SoundTouch wireless adapter (w/ attached 6' proprietary cable)
- 6' microUSB-B to USB-A cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
This is a good add on to my Bose Cinemate 520 system. It is very easy to setup. You can control the system from your phone with this product. There are some build in sources for music in the APP. But it will be better if it supports playing any music from other apps.
SoundTouch Wireless Adapter II: The Bose SoundTouch Wireless Adapter II lets you stream Internet radio, Pandora, and your computer's music library to a compatible Bose Lifestyle system using your home WiFi network. The SoundTouch Wireless Adapter II is compatible with select Lifestyle II series and CineMate series systems from Bose.
- Compatible Lifestyle II Series: 535, 525, 235, and 135 home entertainment systems
- Compatible CineMate Series: 520, 220, 130, and 120 systems
Note: The Bose SoundTouch Wireless Adapter IIs plugs into your compatible Bose Lifestyle II or CineMate system's rear-panel "Bose-Link" 9-pin port.
Wireless or Wired Network Connection: The SoundTouch Wireless Adapter II offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The system features a rear-panel Ethernet R-J45 port and built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g; 2.4GHz). The system's network connection can be setup initially from the SoundTouch Controller App on your Apple iOS (7.0+) device or Android (4.1+) smartphone/tablet. You can also use the included microUSB-to-USB cable, along with the SoundTouch Controller App for system setup from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac (OS X 10.68+) computer.
SoundTouch Controller App: The Bose SoundTouch Controller app is required for initial setup and control of the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Adapter. The Bose SoundTouch Controller app can be downloaded on your Apple iOS device, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer. Now you'll be able to setup and control the SoundTouch Wireless Adapter iI from your Apple iOS or Android device, or from your Windows or Mac computer. Once initial setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or browse your music library from your home network and computer on the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Adapter through the Bose SoundTouch Controller app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer.
- For Apple iOS or Android: You can download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from the iTunes Apps store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 7.0+) or Android (4.1+) device so you can setup and control the Bose system from your mobile device.
- For Windows PC or Mac Computer: The SoundTouch Controller app for Windows & Mac lets you setup and control the Bose SoundTouch system from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Variety Of Music Sources: The SoundTouch Wireless Adapter II supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, Pandora Radio, music files stored on your computer, and stored music/music apps on your Apple iOS device.
- Internet Radio + Online Music: The SoundTouch system lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, and Deezer (coming soon) online music services. More music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: The SoundTouch system can play back MP3, WMA, AAC. and ALAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. You computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch system.
- AirPlay for iOS devices: You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the SoundTouch Wi-Fi music systems via AirPlay. You can also stream your entire iTunes music library on your laptop/desktop computer using Apple's free Remote app for iPod touch/iPhone/iPad. Your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad must have iOS 4.3 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network as the SoundTouch music system.
Note: You cannot stream music stored on an Android phone or from apps on an Android phone to the Bose SoundTouch system.
Six Presets: You can personalize six presets to your favorite streaming music services (Pandora) and Internet radio stations, or playlists, artists, albums, and songs from your computer's music library. The presets can easily be set, changed, and accessed directly with the free SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device. You cannot set presets for AirPlay or the Aux input.
Remote Compatible: Using your compatible Bose Lifestyle II or CineMate system's on-screen menu and RF remote, you cam access the SoundTouch Wireless Adapter II by selecting the "SoundTouch" source icon; similar to how you access any other source. From there, you can select one of your six Presets or browse the Recents list. On the Lifestyle II or CineMate system's on-screen menu and remote screen, you will see the online service provider you are listening to, as well as the song/artist/album name.
Multi-Room: The SoundTouch Wireless Adapter II also enables your compatible Bose Lifestyle system to work with other SoundTouch systems (sold separately) throughout the house to create a multi-room listening experience. In "Play Everywhere" mode, these systems work together as one to play the same music, ideal for parties. Or, they can be used to play different music in different rooms. Compatible multiroom audio sources include the following -
- Internet radio
- Online music sources
- Music stored on your computer
Note: You can link up to four SoundTouch music systems together for a multi-room/multi-source audio experience. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device.
Mounting Options: The SoundTouch Wireless Adapter II can simply be placed on top of a AV stand, shelf, desk, or cabinet. It can also be hung on the wall using its two key-hole mount slots (screws not included).
USB Ports (Setup Only): The USB type-A and type-B connectors on the back of the system are for setup and updates only. These connectors are not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.