Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM
Waterproof portable Bluetooth® speaker (Cashmere Pink)
Our take on the Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
The WONDERBOOM floats on the surface of the water and cranks out your tunes.
Big sound you can hold in your hand
The Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM portable speaker is easy to carry — it's about the size of a softball. But this compact Bluetooth speaker kicks out powerful 360-degree sound with solid bass. And it's completely waterproof. So take it into the shower or out on the lake...it even floats! With a 100-foot Bluetooth range, you can keep your paired smartphone safe and dry away from the water.
Built for outdoor fun
The WONDERBOOM can be submerged down to a meter for up to 30 minutes, and still rock the party when you fish it out of the drink. The protective covering is dirt-proof, so you can use the WONDERBOOM at the beach. When it gets sandy, just wash it off with water.
Tap to play
When your smartphone or tablet isn't close by, you can use the super simple control buttons on the WONDERBOOM. Those big plus and minus signs on the side aren't decorative — they're the volume controllers. Tap the top of the BOOM 2 to play or tap twice to skip the song. It's that easy.
- powered wireless speaker for use with smartphones, tablets, and other portable devices with built-in Bluetooth
- 100-foot Bluetooth range
- pair up to 8 Bluetooth source devices (2 at the same time)
- two full-range drivers and two passive radiators for 360° sound
- IPX7-rated waterproof, dirt-proof, and drop-proof
- designed to float on the water's surface
- tap controls for play and skip
- two WONDERBOOM speakers can be paired together for stereo sound
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 10 hours
- USB charging cable
- 4" diameter x 3-1/2"H
- weight: 15 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 2' microUSB-to-USB cable
- Important Safety/Compliance/Warranty Information
This thing is AWSOME. Could not believe how much sound this baby puts out. Use it on the boat, dingy and dock. It hasn't went in the drink yet, but it's nice to know that it won't sink to the bottom. If your around the water pick one up. I think you'll be happy.
Jim, Hockessin, DE
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||No|
360-Degree Sound: The UE Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker is equipped with two 1.5" drivers and two 1.8125" x 2.5" passive radiators wrapped around the speaker enclosure for an immersive 360-degree sound.
Water & Drop Proof: The Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker is IPX7 rated and has been tested to withstand up to 3.3' (1 meter) of submersion for up to 30 minutes. Make sure the weather door for the microUSB port is on securely before taking the speaker near water. The Wonderboom is drop proof tested from up to 5' and sports a hanging loop on top so it can easily attach to almost any bag, bicycle, or backpack.
Note: While the speaker is waterproof, the chemicals and salt in your pool or the ocean can damage the waterproof seals over time if not rinsed off after use. It is highly recommend that you thoroughly rinse the Wonderboom with fresh water after using it in a swimming pool or the ocean. Once clean, allow the speaker to air dry completely before charging it.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP, you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth source device such as a smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the UE Wonderboom speaker. The Wonderboom has an extended wireless Bluetooth range of 100'. The UE Wonderboom offers music playback control and multi-device pairing with dual connection.
- Music Playback Control: You can control the music directly from the Wonderboom speaker without picking up your smartphone, tablet, or other Bluetooth source device. Control functions included Play/Pause, Volume Up/Down, and Previous/Next Track.
- Multi-Device Pairing & Connection: The Wonderboom can pair with up to 8 Bluetooth source devices and simultaneously connect with up to two devices. When you have two devices actively connected to the Wonderboom, you can easily switch between the two devices by simply starting the music from the second connected device and it will then become the source.
- The UE Wonderboom does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication.
- The UE Wonderboom does not support auto-reconnection.
Double Up: You can connect two Wonderboom speakers together for bigger sound. The Wonderboom cannot connect with any other speaker.
Rechargeable Battery: The Wonderboom is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery that provides up to 10 hours of music playback. To recharge the built-in battery, plug the included microUSB-to-USB cable into the Wonderboom's microUSB port located inside the weather door and into a standard USB port on your laptop or computer. You can also use an optional USB/AC power adapter (sold separately) to recharge the battery. Charging time is approximately 5.5 hours from a standard USB port and 2.8 hours from a USB/AC power adapter.
Note: The micro-USB charging cable included with the Wonderboom is not waterproof. Never charge the speaker if the micro-USB port, charging cable or connectors are wet, dirty or damaged. Always charge the speaker with a clean, dry micro-USB connector. If you think the cable or connector has been compromised in any way by water or other contaminants, do not use it to charge your speaker.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM
Waterproof portable Bluetooth® speaker
Bose® SoundLink® Micro Bluetooth® speaker
Waterproof portable Bluetooth speaker
Kicker Bullfrog® BF100 Music System
Waterproof portable Bluetooth® speakerC$289.99