Channel Master 3414
4-output RF distribution amplifier
Our take on the Channel Master 3414 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Channel Master's 3414 is a compact, versatile RF distribution amplifier designed for indoor use with coaxial cables. It lets you distribute amplified antenna or cable TV signals to as many as four TVs without the signal degradation caused by splitters.
The 3414 can improve reception whether the problem is weak signal strength at your antenna, or loss of signal quality due to a long cable run. Unlike the inexpensive boosters you find in hardware stores, the 3414 is a "bi-directional" design that provides a return signal path for use with a cable box or cable modem (return signal is not amplified). The included AC power supply connects to the 3414 via a short length of coax cable, which is also included.
- compatible with antenna and cable TV signals
- cable company approved for digital cable, HDTV, and high-speed Internet
- bi-directional for digital services
- amplifier gain: 8 dB
- operating frequency range: 54-1002 MHz
- return path frequency range: 5-42 MHz (for cable modem applications)
- 75-ohm impedance
- noise: 2.7 dB
- six F-type coaxial connectors (1 input, 4 output, 1 power)
- included AC power supply provides power to amplifier via coaxial cable connection (cable included)
- 6000-volt surge protection
- weather-sealed housing resists corrosion
- 4-7/16"W x 1-1/4"H x 4-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- RG-6 cable is recommended
What's in the Box:
- RF amplifier (+8dB/1 input-4 outputs)
- AC/DC adapter (DC Output: 15V/250mA)
- 6' Coaxial cable
- Installation Instructions
Easy to install requires electric which is to be expected. Would have bought a stronger unit if available. My last unit was a little stronger
Pat, Chapel Hill, NC
Overview: The Channel Master by PCT Model 3414 RF amplifier has a single input and four outputs. Unlike most conventional amplifiers, it has a passive return path which allows it to be used with a cable modem. The +8dB gain gives you a strong and balanced signal. The unit is powered using the included AC/DC adapter. The unit features weather-sealed housings for superior corrosion performance.
Bandwidth: The 3414 has an operating frequency of 54 to 1002 MHz with a passive return path bandwidth of 5 to 42 MHz. The amplifier supports both analog and digital broadcast signals, as well as HDTV and CATV distribution.
Inputs and Outputs:
- DC 15V/250mA Input: threaded coax input for use with supplied AC/DC power supply
- Cable Input: threaded coax input, used to connect your cable or antenna lead
- Outputs: 4 threaded coax outputs, each with a +8dB gain
Dimensions: Width=4.433", Height=4.308", Depth=1.237"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.