Bose® Wave® SoundTouch® wireless music system IV
Our take on the Bose® Wave® SoundTouch® wireless music system IV by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
A world of music awaits
The Bose® Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV opens up a world of music. Explore the vast libraries of streaming services such as Spotify®, Pandora®, iHeartRadio™ and Deezer. Enjoy the rich diversity of over 100,000 free Internet radio stations from around the world. Play CDs from your personal collection — or just listen to your favorite AM or FM stations. You can even stream music wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth®. The Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV makes it simple.
The Bose® Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV comes with a host of music services built in.
The powerful SoundTouch® app
The free SoundTouch® app makes it easy to select music and operate the Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV using your smartphone, tablet, or even a computer. Use the app to save radio stations, music service playlists, and Internet radio stations as presets. Your favorite music is never more than a single screen tap away.
Connects to your home wireless network
The Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV links to your home Wi-Fi® network, and comes with Internet radio and popular music services built in. You'll have a world of music conveniently available at your fingertips. And because it's Bose®, setup and operation is easy and intuitive.
Quick wireless setup
Getting the Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV system up and running is simple. The free SoundTouch® app can walk you through the wireless setup process, so you can start listening in just minutes. Or use the included USB cable to connect the system to your computer, and follow step-by-step instructions for setting it up on your network.
Clear, lifelike sound
Thanks to proprietary Bose® waveguide speaker technology and advanced digital electronics, this system delivers accurate, realistic sound. You'll enjoy the subtle inflections of the human voice and the sound of low-range instruments like bass guitars and drums with impressive realism. Experience rich, room-filling sound from the Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV system, no matter what the music source.
Expand your system into multiple rooms
Add more SoundTouch® systems to create a wireless multi-room audio system that's simple to use. You can play the same music simultaneously throughout your home, or have each SoundTouch® system play different music from a different source.
- built-in CD player handles regular CDs and MP3 files on CD-R and CD-RW discs
- built-in AM/FM tuner
- 6 FM and 6 AM presets
- RDS (radio data service) displays call letters and song information from compatible stations
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- support for online music services, including Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, and iHeartRadio for thousands of free internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- free SoundTouch® app lets you control the player and play music with your Apple or Android™ device as well as Mac® and Windows® PCs
- expand your multi-room system with additional Bose® SoundTouch® speakers
- play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- advanced Bose® waveguide speaker technology for lifelike, room-filling sound
- touch-sensitive pad on the top panel for convenient control
- dual alarms
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- stereo minijack output for headphones
- Ethernet port for connection to a wired home network
- requires AC power (8-foot power cord included)
- 14-5/8" W x 5-7/16" H x 8-5/8"D
- weight: 12.96 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Tabletop music system
- SoundTouch pedestal
- 8' AC power cord
- Remote control (pre-installed CR 2032 3V battery)
- 3' USB cable
- Demonstration CD
- Owner's Guide
- Quick Setup Guide
- "All Systems' Updates" note
ive had a wave radio for years and loved the sound. by adding the wireless and ethernet capabilities the radio is so much more versatile with the same great sound
emery, Gulfport, MS
Tabletop Wireless Music System: The Bose Wave SoundTouch provides rich, room-filling sound from a compact tabletop wireless music system that fits just about anywhere in your home. The Bose Wave SoundTouch features a built-in AM/FM tuner and CD player, a rear-panel Aux input, and includes the SoundTouch pedestal. With the addition of the SoundTouch pedestal to the Wave music system, you can listen to music stored on your Windows PC or Mac computer, plus select online Music services like Pandora, iHeart, and Spotify. You also get built-in Bluetooth music streaming.
Waveguide Speaker Technology: Bose proprietary waveguide speaker technology combines with advanced digital electronics to deliver performance well beyond the speakers' size. Two 26" folded waveguides are precisely tuned to amplify the output from the transducers (speakers) to reproduce lifelike sound from the small enclosure.
Talk Radio Mode: Talk radio broadcasts can be greatly affected by either the microphone selection or the boosting of low frequencies by some radio stations. They do so in an attempt to improve speech when heard through conventional radios. In high-quality audio products, this results in sound that is unnatural or bass heavy. By selecting the "Talk Radio" mode, your SoundTouch automatically adjusts to compensate for artificially boosted low frequencies.
Placement: Place the Bose SoundTouch on a table or other flat surface. To enjoy maximum audio performance, place the SoundTouch across the room from where you will be listening. For best audio performance, place the Wave music system within 2' of a wall, and avoid placing directly in a corner.
SoundTouch Pedestal: The included SoundTouch Pedestal lets you stream Internet radio, select online music services, and your computer's music library to the Bose Wave SoundTouch music system using your home's WiFi network. The SoundTouch Pedestal also includes point-to-point Bluetooth music streaming. The Bose SoundTouch Pedestal plugs into Wave music system's rear-panel "Bose-Link" port. The Wave music system rests on top of the pedestal.
Wireless or Wired Network Connection: The SoundTouch Pedestal offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The system features a rear-panel Ethernet R-J45 port and built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g; 2.4 GHz). The system's network connection can be setup initially from the SoundTouch Controller App on your Apple iOS (5.1.1+) device or Android (4.0.3+) smartphone/tablet. You can also use the included microUSB-to-USB cable, along with the SoundTouch Controller App for system setup from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac (OS X 10.68+) computer.
SoundTouch Controller App: The Bose SoundTouch Controller app is required for initial setup and control of the Bose SoundTouch wireless music system. The Bose SoundTouch Controller app can be downloaded on your Apple iOS device, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer. Now you'll be able to setup and control the SoundTouch wireless music system from your Apple iOS or Android device, or from your Windows or Mac computer. Once initial setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or browse your music library from your home network and computer on the Bose SoundTouch wireless music system through the Bose SoundTouch Controller app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer.
- For Apple iOS or Android: You can download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from the Apple's App Store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 5.1.1+) or Android (4.0.3+) device so you can setup and control the Bose system from your mobile device.
- For Windows PC or Mac Computer: The SoundTouch Controller app for Windows & Mac lets you setup and control the Bose SoundTouch system from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Variety Of Music Sources: The SoundTouch wireless music system supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, Pandora Radio, music files stored on your computer, and stored music/music apps on your Apple iOS device.
- Internet Radio + Online Music: The SoundTouch system lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, and Deezer (coming soon) online music services. More music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: The SoundTouch wireless system can play back MP3, WMA, AAC. and ALAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. You computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch system.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, the Wave SoundTouch system wirelessly plays back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, or other Bluetooth compatible device. You can pair up to eight devices with one actively connected. You will need to setup the Wave SoundTouch on your WiFi network and perform all system updates before you can pair your Bluetooth device and stream audio.
Six Presets: You can personalize six presets to your favorite streaming music services (Pandora) and Internet radio stations, or playlists, artists, albums, and songs from your computer's music library. The presets can easily be set, changed, and accessed directly with the free SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device. You cannot set presets for Bluetooth or the Aux input.
Multiroom: The SoundTouch Pedestal also enables Bose Wave music system to work with other Bose SoundTouch wireless speakers (sold separately) throughout the house to create a multiroom listening experience. In "Play Everywhere" mode, these systems work together as one to play the same music, ideal for parties. Or, they can be used to play different music in different rooms. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device.
- Compatible Sources: The Bose Wave SoundTouch's internet radio & online music services, as well as computer & Bluetooth audio streaming can be part of the SoudTouch multiroom audio distribution system.
- Non-Compatible Sources: The Bose Wave SoundTouch's CD player, AM/FM tuner, and Aux input do not support multiroom audio distribution.
Note: For most home networks, you can link up to four SoundTouch music systems together for a multi-room/multi-source audio experience. For more than four rooms, Bose recommends using Ethernet wired connections to some of the SoundTouch systems.
USB Ports (Setup Only): The USB type-A and type-B connectors on the back of the system are for setup and updates only. These connectors are not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
CD Player: The Wave SoundTouch has a single CD slot for playback of CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. The player supports playback of MP3 (64-128kbps; 32-44.1kHz) music files recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs. Disc playback is controlled from the included IR remote. Song/artist information of MP3 music files are displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD.
- Play Modes: While a CD is playing, you can change the way it is played. Choose Normal Play, Shuffle (Disc/Folder/Repeat), or Repeat (Disc/Folder/Track). The play mode will return to Normal Play whenever a new CD is inserted.
- Search Functions: Search functions include Fast Forward, Rewind, Next Track, and Previous Track.
- Resume Playback: When you play a stopped CD it will always resume from the place it was stopped.
- Auto Reload: If you eject a CD but do not remove it from the CD player slot within 10 seconds, the CD player will pull the CD back into the player, reload it, and start playing.
- The CD player does not support multiroom audio distribution.
- Music files on an MP3 CD are played according to the folder structure on the disc.
Advanced AM/FM Tuner: The Bose SoundTouch comes with a built-in FM/AM tuner. The SoundTouch power cord is used as an antenna for FM radio. If, after adjusting the position of the power cord, you still experience poor reception, you may need to install an external antenna. An external FM dipole antenna with a 3.5mm connector can be ordered through Bose Customer Service.
- RDS: When you select FM radio, RDS information for the current station is displayed like artist name and song titles (when available).
- Presets: You can store up to 6 FM and 6 AM radio stations for quick recall.
Note: The AM/FM tuner does not support multiroom audio distribution.
Aux Input: There is a rear-panel 3.5mm Aux input for connecting an external analog audio source, like your smartphone or tablet. The Aux input does not support multiroom audio distribution.
Headphone Out: The SoundTouch comes with a rear-panel 3.5mm headphone jack for private listening. Plugging in a set of headphones will mute the SoundTouch 's speakers. If an alarm or timer sounds while using headphones, it will sound through the SoundTouch speakers.
Touch Pad & Remote Control: The Wave SoundTouch has a touch-sensitive switch under the top, front, center area of the enclosure. Momentarily placing your hand on the touch pad can turn the SoundTouch on or off. You can operate volume, station selection, disc playback, and WiFi music playback functions with the convenient IR wireless remote control. There are even Thumbs up/Thumbs down buttons on the remote control for customized listening. The remote normally works within 20' of the display.
Front-Panel Display w/ Auto Brightness: The Bose Wave music
system features a front-panel display which will indicate the set time, station
identification, RDS-text information, ID3-tag information, and WiFi music info
(when available). The brightness level
of the display automatically adjusts itself for low and high ambient light
conditions. This feature brightens the display for better visibility in high
ambient light conditions and dims the display making it
less intrusive in low ambient light conditions. High and low brightness settings can be set independently.
Alarm Clock: The Bose SoundTouch offers a 12- or 24-hr alarm clock with Dual Alarms, Snooze, and Sleep Timer.
- Dual Alarms: Two different wakeup times may be set, customized for each person's preferences (radio station, disc, or beep, volume, etc.). This is handy if two people wake at different times.
- Snooze: Simply tap the unit's top-panel touch pad to activate the Snooze function. The snooze time can be set to 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, or 60 minutes.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer can be set to shut the unit off automatically after a selected period of time (10-90 minutes in 10 minute increments).
AC Power w/ Auto Standby: The Bose SoundTouch operates off standard household current (120V~50/60Hz, 60W) using its integrated power supply and 8' detachable AC power cord. After 24 hours of no button presses the system automatically switches to standby (off). If the 30 minute system standby timer is enabled, the system automatically switches to standby if no audio is played and no buttons are pressed for 30 minutes.
Note: If the Wave SoundTouch loses power due to a power outage or unplugging the unit to move it, all system settings will be permanently retained. However, the clock time will only be temporarily stored in backup memory for up to 48 hours.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.