Polk Audio Omni SB1 Plus
Sound bar and wireless music player with Bluetooth® and wireless subwoofer
From Polk: Learn More About the Polk Omni SB1 Plus Premium Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer
Item # 107OMNSB1P | MFR # AM6946-A
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Polk Audio Omni SB1 Plus by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
For movies, music, and more
The Omni SB1 Plus sound bar and wireless subwoofer deliver clear dialogue, and realistic, enveloping sound effects from your movies and TV shows. But the high-performance Omni SB1 Plus isn't just made for TV and movies — it's designed for music, too. And it's not just made for sound in one room — it's a gateway to the Polk Omni wireless multi-room music system.
The low-profile sound bar fits easily underneath your TV.
Get the whole house rocking
Start the evening by watching the big game on your TV, with clear, powerful sound provided by the Omni SB1 Plus. This system will even let you experience wireless 5.1 surround sound by adding additional Polk Omni speakers for your rear channels (spring 2016 firmware update required). After the game, stream your victory part mix on the SB1 Plus, along with the Polk Omni S2 speaker in your kitchen and the Omni P1 adapter connected to the stereo system in your den.
Wireless music your way
The Omni SB1 Plus gives you lots of ways to listen to music. The system comes with a Bluetooth adapter, so you can simply stream from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. And if your Omni SB1 Plus is part of a multi-room system, it can re-stream that music to other system speakers throughout your home.
The free Polk Omni app for Apple® and Android™ lets you do even more with your Omni SB1 Plus and the Omni system. It makes your smartphone or tablet a remote control for the system, and lets you stream music from networked computers and music servers.
The Omni SB1 Plus has Spotify Connect, so if you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, you can access all your favorite albums and playlists. There's built-in support for Pandora® Internet radio and SiriusXM. You also have access to over 37,000 free Internet radio streams, for a virtually endless supply of music and other programming.
Play-Fi® gives you multiple multi-room options
The Omni SB1 Plus uses Play-Fi wireless music technology. Developed by audio innovator DTS, Play-Fi allows you to send the same song to multiple speakers, play a different song in every room, or let each member of the family control speakers independently with their own device. Play-Fi can transmit lossless audio at CD quality to up to 16 speakers or components on your network.
And when it comes to gear, you have choices. The Polk Omni SB1 Plus can work with other Play-Fi speakers from other manufacturers. So you can mix and match different brands of wireless speakers, giving you much more flexibility than closed systems.
Enjoy great sound from your movies and music
The Omni SB1 Plus sound bar features three built-in speakers that produce smooth, detailed sound. Specially designed rectangular drivers deliver big sound in a narrow space, keeping the sound bar thin enough to easily fit in front of your TV. The subwoofer offers lots of tight bass, for hard-hitting movie sound effects and deep, full bass from your music.
The system also comes with VoiceAdjust™ technology, which enhances dialogue clarity. It even allows you to tailor the volume of voices.
Explore the entire Polk Audio Omni system and build your whole-house music system
Omni S2 - Compact size, great sound, easy wireless music listening with your smartphone or tablet.
Omni S2 Rechargeable- A rechargeable battery and a weather-resistant design allow outdoor use with this compact speaker.
Omni P1 - Add the Omni wireless system to your existing stereo.
Omni A1 - Connect a pair of speakers to this amplified wireless player.
- powered three-channel sound bar with three 3" x 1" full-range drivers
- slim design allows easy placement in front of your TV
- VoiceAdjust technology enhances dialogue for more clarity even at low volumes
- DTS Play-Fi software allows speaker to communicate with other Polk Omni devices, as well as other Play-Fi components and speakers
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other Play-Fi devices (recommended maximum of 16 devices on a network)
- use optional Omni S2, Omni S2 Rechargeable, or Omni S6 speakers as wireless surrounds
- Bluetooth adapter
- stream wirelessly from smartphone, tablet or computer to Omni SB1 Plus via Bluetooth
- re-stream to any Play-Fi speaker in your home network
- plays music stored on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets
- supports Spotify Connect, Pandora®, SiriusXM®, and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- listening modes optimize sound for movies or music
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- two 3.5mm AUX inputs for connecting an iPod or other portable music player (cable included)
- top-panel control buttons
- AC power required (adapter included)
- 43"W x 2-3/16"H x 3-5/8"D
- downward firing 8" cone woofer
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for flexible placement
- 13-3/4"W x 14-5/16"H x 11-5/8"D
- AC power required, power cable included
- total system power: 350 watts
- free Polk/Play-Fi app for Apple and Android devices offers easy music selection and playback
- plays MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV files; accepts sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz (downsamples high-resolution PCM files to 16-bit/48kHz)
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- remote control
- warranty: 3 years (speakers), 1 year (electronics)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- Two 6' AC power cords
- Bluetooth adapter
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 6' Optical digital cable
- 6' Stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- Setup Guide
- Important Product Information
- Preferred Service Program
Product exceeded our expectations!! Also fast shipping and great customer service along with the best prices ever!!
Justin, Nampa, ID
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Midrange||3" x 1" Full-range (3)|
|Subwoofer Driver||8" Cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||5.1-channel|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Audio Return Channel||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||No|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||150 watt|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||200 watt|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-3/16H x 43W x 3-5/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer (inches)||14-1/4H x 13-3/4W x 13-1/8D|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The Polk Audio Omni SB1 Plus soundbar speaker houses three 3" x 1" full-range drivers powered by a built-in 150 watt amplifier. The soundbar's critically tuned ports provide optimum blending of the full-range drivers with the included wireless powered sub. The Omni SB1 Plus soundbar speaker employs two of Polk's proprietary technologies for exceptional performance.
- VoiceAdjust Technology: VoiceAdjust Technology uses an adjustable three element line array with the center driver receiving the greater share of the bandwidth in order to provide clean clear, crisp dialogue, whether you're sitting directly in front of the TV or off to the side.
- Full Complement Bass Drive: Polk's exclusive Full Complement Bass Drive Technology in the soundbar improves lower midrange, upper bass tonal richness, fast transient response and overall output capability.
Wireless Powered Sub: The wireless powered subwoofer features a down-firing 8" woofer and port in compact Bass Reflex enclosure. The 8" woofer is powered by a built-in 200 watt amplifier. The powered subwoofer receives it audio signal wirelessly (up to 50') from the system's soundbar, so there is no subwoofer cable to connect. If you prefer, a wired connection (3.5mm) can be used. You can adjust the volume of the sub independently from the system's overall volume.
Analog + Digital Connectivity: The Polk Audio Omni SB1 Plus soundbar & sub system provides both analog (3.5mm) and digital (optical) connectivity for a variety of source components.
- Digital Connection (Dolby Digital/DTS): The soundbar speaker system features a single optical (toslink) digital input to connect your flat-panel TV. The optical input can decode and reproduce Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 program material. The soundbar's digital input also supports 2-channel PCM.
- Analog Connections: The soundbar is equipped with an analog stereo minijack (3.5mm) input to connect your television (which may lack an optical digital output).
Note: The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the system. You can also program the soundbar speaker system to respond to your TV's IR remote. Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV remote to work together.
Mounting Options: The soundbar speaker should be centered under or above your flat-panel TV screen. The lightweight easy-to-mount single speaker can be placed on a tabletop or wall-mounted. It can sit on a flat surface because of its integrated rubber feet that enable it to rest securely. If your TV is wall-mounted, the soundbar can be mounted right beneath it using the speaker's integrated keyhole slots (x2) on the rear-panel. The keyhole slots are spaced 32" apart. The powered subwoofer receives its signal from the soundbar wirelessly, so it can be placed virtually anywhere in the room (up to 50' from soundbar). It only requires plugging into an AC outlet.
Optional Wireless Rear Speakers: You can use a pair of the Polk Omni S2, S2R, or S6 wireless speakers (all sold separately) as rear surround speakers. Simply update the Omni SB1 Plus firmware using the Polk Audio Utility app (for iOS & Android), followed by a single update to the DTS Play-Fi software using this app. Once updated, setup is simple and can be completed in minutes. It is highly recommended that the wireless rear surround speakers be placed on the 5GHz band of a dual band AC router.
Omni Series: The Omni SB1 Plus soundbar speaker system is part of Polk Audio's Omni Collection, a series of wireless products that allow you to control what you want to listen to from your smartphone, tablet, or computer and stream it wirelessly to any room. You can start with one Omni series wireless product and then add more throughout your home or office.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology: Polk Audio's Omni series collection of wireless speakers employ DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi (802.11 g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
Note: All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand (like Definitive Technology, Phorus, Wren, etc..) in your home.
Simple Setup: There are two methods for connecting the DTS Play-Fi soundbar speaker system to your home network. You can perform WiFi setup via the Polk Omni App on your Apple iOS/Android mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network). You can also use the WPS button on the soundbar speaker if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
Polk Omni App: Download the free Polk Omni App onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) device, Android (2.2+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7/8) PC for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device or computer. From the app you can initially set up the Omni soundbar speaker system, as well as add, link, and control all your Omni and DTS Play-Fi speakers. You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or PC to multiple Omni series and DTS Play-Fi enabled speakers through out your home. The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety Of Sources: Polk Audio's Omni series soundbar speaker system supports a variety of music sources.
- Mobile Device (Apple iOS + Android): You are able to wirelessly stream your music files from your music library on your Apple iOS (8.0+) or Android (4.0+) device to the Polk Audio Omni speaker system through the free Polk Omni app.
- Online Music Services: From the DTS Play-Fi app on your mobile device or computer, you can share and listen to Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Napster, and Internet Radio. While the DTS Play-Fi app is free, not all the online music services are (subscription & purchasing fees may apply).
- Computer Audio: The Polk Audio Omni series wireless system is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA. Use the free Polk Omni app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
- Bluetooth Adapter: The SB1 Plus comes with a separate Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the soundbar's USB and Aux inputs. With Bluetooth you can wireless stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer to the soundbar speaker system. You'll still control music playback and view song/artist info from your Bluetooth source device.
Critical Listening Mode: For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/96kHz, with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment. In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity. Critical Listening Mode is only available on one DTS Play-Fi speaker and not supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Maximum Number of Rooms/Zones Supported: You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.