Play your iPod®, satellite radio, or portable music player through any car's FM radio
Our take on the Scosche FM-MOD02 by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
Looking for a way to connect the audio from your iPod®, satellite radio tuner, or portable music player to your car stereo? The Scosche FM-MOD02 FM modulator gives you a set of RCA inputs, plus an auxiliary minijack input, so you can hook up just about any audio source without performing major modifications to your existing car stereo.
Just plug your source into the FM-MOD02's auxiliary input or RCA inputs, then tune your FM radio to the selected frequency. You can switch between two different modulation frequencies, 87.9 MHz or 88.3 MHz, for the best possible reception in your area.
Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 or enter your vehicle information to see if any antenna adapters or tools are needed to install this FM modulator.
- FM modulator plays any source through your car's FM receiver
- adds an auxiliary minijack and RCA inputs to your system
- two modulation frequencies (87.9, 88.3)
- includes 3.5mm stereo cable for your MP3 player
- on/off switch
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- FM modulator with attached antenna cables and power/ground wires
- 3.5mm Input jack housing with switch and attached 21" RCA and power cable
- 21" Stereo cable (3.5mm male mini-plug on both ends)
- Four 7" Zip-ties
- Two 10" Zip-ties
- Warranty information
Okay so this requires wire splicing. Know that in advance, because I didn't and I was a little surprised when I had to splice them. It was easy, but I just expected a simpler install.
Cameron, Iowa City, IA
Overview: The Scosche FM-MOD02 is a stereo FM modulator with two transmission frequency options: 87.9 MHz and 88.3 MHz. It allows the addition of an auxiliary audio source (DVD player, VCP, MP3 player, etc) to almost any FM radio.
Installation: The modulator can be installed in a hidden-away location within cable length. It requires connection to a +12V Power source and chassis ground. The auxiliary source is connected to the RCA input jacks; a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack input is mounted in the on/off switch housing and has an RCA cable attached. The antenna interface connects to your vehicle's antenna plug and radio antenna input (antenna adapters are required for some vehicles).
Switch Housing: The modulator has an illuminated on/off switch with a 3.5mm mini-jack input in the same housing. Attached wiring connects to a Molex plug attached to the modulator and the RCA inputs on the side of the modulator. The switch can be positioned up to 21 inches from the modulator and it can be mounted with the attached two-sided adhesive strip.
Right Side of Modulator:
- 12 Volt DC: 30" power wire with an in-line 2A fuse
- Ground: 30" ground wire
- Antenna Input: Female Motorola connector on 12" cable
- Antenna Output: Male Motorola connector on 24" cable
- Switch Wiring: 3-pin Molex plug on 11" cable
Left Side of Modulator:
- Audio Input: Female stereo RCA audio connectors
- Switch Wiring: 3-pin Molex plug on 21" cable
- Audio Output: Male stereo RCA jacks on 21" cable
- Width: 5"
- Height: 1-1/8"
- Depth: 2"
- Width: 1-1/4"
- Height: 2-1/16"
- Depth: 1-7/8"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.