Wireless subwoofer for compatible Sonos speakers and components (Black)
| Watch a product review |
Crutchfield: Sonos wireless music system
Our take on the Sonos Sub by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
With a Sonos PLAYBAR, the SUB can give your movie and TV soundtracks real presence (TV and PLAYBAR not included).
Deep, powerful bass
The Sonos SUB makes it easy to get incredibly compelling sound from your movies, TV shows, and music. Two force-canceling woofers positioned face-to-face in the cabinet deliver powerful, crystal-clear bass with minimal vibration. You can adjust the SUB to tailor the sound to your specific room with the free Sonos controller app for Apple® and Android™ devices. Use the SUB with a PLAYBAR to create a powerful home theater sound system. You can also use it with a PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5, or CONNECT:AMP music player to add some extra bass to your music.
One-button wireless setup
Just like the rest of the Sonos family, the Sonos SUB is a breeze to get up and running. Place the SUB in the room where you want more bass from your compatible Sonos component and press the button. The SUB connects to other Sonos players wirelessly, just like that. And because it doesn't need a wired connection to your speakers or the Sonos player, you can place the SUB just about anywhere in your room.
- wireless subwoofer for Sonos PLAYBAR, PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5, and CONNECT:AMP
- two force-canceling woofers for deep, rich bass with no cabinet buzz or rattle
- two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly match the woofers and acoustic architecture
- dual acoustic ports for enhanced bass performance
- communicates with other players via wireless network or wired Ethernet connections
- automatically adjusts audio settings to balance the SUB with your existing Sonos players
- control your Sonos system with a free app for your smartphone or tablet
- requires use of a PLAYBAR, PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5, or CONNECT:AMP
- can sit upright or lay flat
- Ethernet jack
- requires AC power, power cable included
- 15-7/8"W x 15-3/8"H x 6-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered subwoofer (gloss black)
- 6.5' AC power cord (non-polarized C7 plug)
- Four self-adhesive felt feet
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Product Information
Easy Install and great tech support
PAUL, PAUL CHAPEN
Sonus Sub 1: The Sonus Sub 1 is a wireless powered subwoofer, designed to add deep bass (down to 25 Hz) to your Sonos listening experience. The Sub works with any amplified Sonos speaker, including the Sonos One / Play:1 / Play:3 / Play:5, the Sonos Connect:Amp, as well as Sonos soundbar speakers Playbar / Playbase / Beam (all sold separately). It does not work with un-amplified Sonos players, such as the Connect (ZP90).
Woofer & Amplifier Design: The Sonus Sub 1 features two force-canceling speakers (3" x 6" race-track shaped drivers) positioned face-to-face to provide deep, rich bass with no resonance from the cabinet. The speakers are powered by two Class-D digital amplifiers, perfectly tuned to match the speakers. The speakers are mounted into a unique cabinet that features an acoustic slot and dual acoustic ports that encircle the enclosure to enhance the Sub's performance.
Wireless Connection: The Sonus Sub 1 can be associated with any amplified Sonos powered speaker or the Sonos Playbar. It Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. It also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference.
Setup: Once you have positioned the Sub in the room, you can press the Join button on the side of the Sub in order for the system to recognize it. The system automatically adjusts the audio settings to perfectly balance the Sub and the paired Sonos component for best performance. All of the filter settings, active equalization, and time alignment are done digitally through a state-of-the-art Digital Signal Processor (DSP). During setup, you will be prompted, through the Sonos Controller software, to set the subwoofer's level and phase. In some cases, you will be prompted to select the size of the stereo speakers (compact, bookshelf/ceiling, or floor) connected to the amplified player. If you move the Sub to another room, you can easily reconfigure the audio and room association settings.
Note: Make sure all of your Sonos components have the latest software update installed.
Ethernet & AC Power: The Sub has only two connections, both located on the bottom of the enclosure: the power cord connection, and a single Ethernet port (RJ-45) for connecting the Sub to a wired home network.
Placement: Out of the box, the Sonus Sub 1 is designed to stand upright on the integrated rubber feet. You can also lay the sub horizontally on its side, if desired. Four self-adhesive felt feet are provided, if you choose to mount the Sub on its side. A guide for placing the felt feet on the Sub is included.
Home Network Requirements: To access Internet music services, Internet radio, and any digital music stored on your computer or Network-Attached Storage (NAS) device, your home network must meet the following requirements:
- High-speed DSL/Cable modem, or fiber-to-the-home broadband connection for proper playback of Internet-based music services. If your Internet service provider only offers Satellite Internet access, you may experience playback issues due to fluctuation in download rates.
- If your modem is not a modem/router combination and you want to take advantage of Sonos' automatic online updates, or stream music from an Internet-based music service, you must install a wireless router in your home network. If you don't have a wireless router, you will need to purchase and install one before setting up your system.
- You will need the Sonos Controller application for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.3+, or the Sonos Controller software program for Windows PC 7-up and Mac OS x 10.10-up.
- Connect at least one Sonos component to your home network router using an Ethernet cable, and then you can add other Sonos components wirelessly. Or setup your Sonos component wirelessly via WiFi without any hardwire connection.
- For best results, you should connect the computer or NAS drive that contains your personal music library collection to your home network router using an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure all of your Sonos components have the latest software update installed.
Note: Although Sonos is compatible with most networking equipment, some network devices are incompatible. Usually when networking hardware does not work with Sonos, it's because it lacks support for the network protocols that Sonos uses to operate, like UPnP, STP, and SMB/CIFS.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.