"High Speed with Ethernet" HDMI cable (1 meter/3.3 feet)
Our take on the AudioQuest Forest by Crutchfield's Amanda P.
If you want to take advantage of the very latest technologies, you'll need an advanced HDMI cable like the AudioQuest Forest. It's rated "High Speed with Ethernet," so it can carry the highest-resolution video available — all the way up to 4K at 60 frames per second. Connecting your components with AQ Forest is a great way to prepare your system for the most cutting-edge features available today, as well as what's on the way.
Supports 4K video
Forest is one of AudioQuest's most affordable HDMI cables, but it's made with premium materials throughout to maximize the crystal-clear picture and sound quality available from the latest high-definition digital sources. AudioQuest HDMI cables are designed to carry 100% of the data required for all of HDMI's current audio/video features including 1080p and 4K video, HDR, and multichannel high-resolution audio.
AudioQuest Forest is fully backward-compatible with HDMI 1.3 and earlier cables. Bit Error Rate testing ensures that every cable passes signals as accurately as possible.
Silver-plated solid core conductors for better signal transfer
AudioQuest is known for their superior build quality, and these Forest HDMI cables are a perfect example. They use high-purity copper, solid-core conductors plated with a very thin layer of silver. High-frequency HDMI audio and video signals travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductors. As the surface is made of high-purity silver, the performance is very close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to solid copper cable. It's a smart, cost-effective way to build a very high-performance HDMI cable.
- supports HDMI version 1.4 and 2.0 features:
- maximum bandwidth of 18Gbps
- 1080p and 4K video @ 60p
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- audio return channel for sending Dolby® Digital sound from an HDTV back to an A/V receiver
- 30-gauge, silver-plated, solid-core copper conductors (silver layer is 0.5% of total conductor)
- solid polyethylene insulation
- dark PVC jacket
- gold-plated contacts resist corrosion
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 1-Meter HDMI-to-HDMI cable (with clear plastic protectors on each connector)
Just needed basic 4k capability for TV not watched very often. Seems to be working very well, no complaints about picture quality.
Mo, Charlotte, NC
HDMI 2.0 Certified: The AudioQuest Forest HDMI cable fully complies with the HDMI 2.0 specification and supports the ultra high speed 18Gbps bandwidth for 4K UHD, HDR, high resolution multichannel audio, ARC, and Ethernet compatibility.
- 4K UHD: Supports resolutions up to 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4x the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution, for the ultimate video experience. With stunning 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) detail is strikingly sharper.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): High Dynamic Range (HDR) reproduces a wider range of brightness levels than conventional video, which brings a deeper contrast to the screen, greater color intensity without being oversaturated, and incredible detail in low-light images. Watching movies and TV shows mastered in HDR will give you a vivid new viewing experience filled with brilliant color and dramatic contrast.
- High Resolution Multichannel Audio: Supports lossless high resolution multichannel audio - including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, and DTS HD.
- Audio Return Channel (ARC): Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) which allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data "upstream" to a surround audio system, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.
- Ethernet Enabled: Provides high-speed networking to it HDMI link, allowing you to take full advantage of your IP-enabled devices without a separate Ethernet cable.
Note: AudioQuest HDMI cables over 8 meters (26' 3") are only standard speed with support up to 1080p video (not 4K).
Quality Construction: The Forest HDMI cable features quality construction to maximize video and audio performance.
- Solid 0.5% Silver Conductors: Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion and reduce jitter. Solid silver-plated conductors are excellent for very high-frequency applications, like HDMI audio and video. These signals, being such a high frequency, travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. As the surface is made of high-purity silver, the performance is very close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to solid copper cable.
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation: Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Forest HDMI uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
- Gold-Plated Connectors: The Audioquest HDMI cable features gold-plated HDMI standard size (Type-A) connectors for maximum signal transfer.
Directionality: All AQ HDMI cables are directional. The correct direction is determined by listening to every batch of metal conductors used in every AudioQuest HDMI cable. All signal conductors controlled for digital-audio direction in AudioQuest HDMI cables, and care is even taken to run the conductors used in the Audio Return Channel in the opposite direction to ensure the best performance for that application. Arrows are clearly marked on the connectors to ensure superior sound quality.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.