Cambridge Audio GO Radio
Portable Bluetooth® speaker with FM radio (White)
Item # 779GORDIOW | MFR # CAMBMINXGORAWH
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Cambridge Audio GO Radio by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Three FM presets on the side let you quickly jump from station to station.
Bluetooth and radio, on the GO
Take a wealth of music options with you everywhere. The Cambridge Audio GO Radio includes all the impressive features of the company's GO portable speaker — with the added bonus of FM radio. You get 18 hours of music playback on a full battery, an easy-to-tote design, and rich, robust sound. Music plays wirelessly from your phone or tablet via Bluetooth, or you can tune in to your favorite FM station. Three station presets and a discreet LED display make it easy to scan through radio channels.
High-performance design and technology
Cambridge Audio uses an advanced digital signal processor (DSP) to preserve the detail in your music. A pair of efficient 2-inch woofers deliver dynamic midrange. Two titanium tweeters produce clean, accurate highs. The speaker's rigid body minimizes unwanted rattle as the rear-firing bass radiator reinforces the low end.
Bluetooth with aptX
Cambridge Audio included aptX, an advanced type of Bluetooth wireless streaming. It retains virtually all the elements of the audio signal it carries. The GO Radio also works with earlier forms of Bluetooth. This means you can play your music wirelessly from almost any portable device.
Power to spare
The GO Radio's built-in rechargeable battery can deliver up to 18 hours of continuous operation. If only your phone could keep up, right? Good news! You can borrow some of the GO Radio's power to recharge your smartphone or tablet. Simply plug it into the speaker's USB port.
- Bluetooth with aptX audio coding for greater sonic detail with compatible devices
- NFC touch pairing with compatible phones
- range: 30 feet
- FM radio with built-in antenna
- three FM station presets
- built-in digital signal processor (DSP) helps produce a full, rich sound
- two 2" woofers and two 3/4" titanium dome tweeters
- rear-firing bass radiator
- acoustically optimized cabinet minimizes unwanted vibration
- USB port to recharge smartphones and other compatible devices
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 18 hours
- AC power adapter
- 9-5/16"W x 4-13/16"H x 2-7/16"D
- weight: 2.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth/FM portable speaker
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- 15" Stereo minijack cable
- Drawstring pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||Yes|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Cambridge Audio GO Radio Bluetooth portable speaker features a highly efficient Class D amplifier powering two 0.75" titanium dome tweeters and dual 2" midbass/midrange woofers for excellent audio performance. A rear-firing passive bass radiator adds depth and bass to the compact speaker system.
Digital Signal Processing: The GO Radio utilizes Cambridge Audio's proprietary digital signal processing (DSP) technology to get the most out of your wirelessly streamed digital music files.
Bluetooth Technology: The Cambridge Audio GO Radio Bluetooth portable speaker offers support for Bluetooth A2DP wireless music streaming The GO Radio is compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled devices like Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphones/tablets, Blackberry, Windows PC, Mac computers, and other devices which offer Bluetooth connectivity.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Cambridge Audio GO Radio Bluetooth portable speaker.
- Wireless Music Streaming: With Bluetooth A2DP you'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Cambridge Audio GO Radio Bluetooth portable speaker system. The GO Radio system supports SBC, AAC, and aptX audio codecs. You will continue to control your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled device. Volume can be controlled from the GO Radio speaker.
- aptX Audio Codec: aptX is featured on a growing number of Android OS 4.0+ mobile devices as well as MacBooks and Apple desktop computers. aptX allows audio to be broadcast wirelessly in significantly higher quality than over standard Bluetooth. The aptX codec achieves a 4:1 compression ratio, allowing for near-CD quality listening (16-bit/44.1kHz). You'll instantly notice more extensive dynamic range, deeper bass, and crystal-clear top end.
Secure Simple Pairing + NFC: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth-enabled device to the Cambridge Audio GO Radio Bluetooth portable speaker system with a single button press and without having to enter pin codes or GO Radio through complicated settings. The Bluetooth speaker also supports NFC (Near-Field Communication) technology for pairing; simply tap your NFC-enabled Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone to the NFC tag on top of the speaker for instant pairing with the GO Radio. A total of 8 devices can be paired with the Cambridge Audio GO Radio, but only one device can be used at a time.
FM Radio: The GO Radio from Cambridge Audio features a built-in FM tuner (no AM tuner). You can store up to 3 of your favorite FM radio stations as presets. The GO Radio features a retractable aerial FM antenna.
Aux Input: The Cambridge Audio GO Radio Bluetooth portable speaker is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a non-Bluetooth portable device with a headphone jack or analog audio output.
USB Charging Port: You can use the convenient USB type-A port (5V/1A) to charge your smartphone or MP3 player from the GO Radio's own battery on the move, or when it's connected to AC power at home.
Rechargeable Battery: The GO Radio uses a high capacity lithium-ion battery that can play for up to 18 hours from a single charge. In addition, the GO Radio uses intelligent battery management software to optimize life and minimize charging time. The included AC power adapter is used to charge the GO Radio's battery, as well as supply power to the portable speaker system. The GO Radio's battery should be charged for 4 hours before initial use.
Low Battery Indicator + Auto Power Down: A flashing red LED indicates that the battery is too low and the GO Radio will enter a standby mode where no music can be played. This LED will continue flashing for 30 minutes after which the GO Radio will turn off. To save power, the GO Radio will automatically turn off after approximately 30 minutes if no music is playing.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.