Retain handlebar audio controls with a compatible new radio in select 1998-13 Harley-Davidson models
Our take on the Scosche HDSWC1 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Keep your controls at hand
All motorcyclists know that it's safer to use convenient handlebar controls to adjust the radio instead of reaching over and fumbling with knobs and buttons. Scosche's HDSWC1 interface allows you to keep all the handlebar control functions of your Harley-Davidson when you add an aftermarket stereo.
This interface comes with all the harnesses and plugs necessary for connection, but you may still have to splice a few wires for your installation. If your motorcycle has rear speakers, you'll have to wire them directly to your new radio. The HDSWC1 will work with compatible Alpine, Clarion, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, and Panasonic receivers with either a 3.5 mm wired remote input or a steering wheel control input.
- handlebar control retention interface
- fits select 1998-13 Harley-Davidson motorcycles
- 2006-13 FLHT (Electra Glide)
- 1998-13 FLTR (Road Glide)
- 2006-13 FLHX (Street Glide)
- works with Alpine, Clarion, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, and Panasonic receivers with 3.5 mm wired remote input or steering wheel control input
- works with Scosche HD7000A mounting kit
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Radio replacement/handle-bar controls retention interface module
- Wiring harness
- SWC harness
- Installation Instructions
Made my install on my Harley street glide a breeze!!!!
Randy, Copper Hill, VA
Radio Replacement Interface Module (for Harley Davidson): The Scosche HDSWC1 radio replacement interface allows you to connect an aftermarket stereo to your Harley-Davidson while keeping the full functionality of your factory handle bar controls.
Harley Davidson Compatibility: The Scosche HDSWC1 works with three different Harley-Davidson models
- FLHX (Street Glide) 2006-Up
- FLTR (Road Glide) 1998-Up
- FLHT (Electra Glide) 1998-Up
Note: Not compatible with motorcycles with amplified tour pack packages.
Head Unit Compatibility: The HDSWC1 is compatible with the following aftermarket head units which feature a SWC 3.5mm input or SWC input wire - Alpine, Clarion, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, and Panasonic.
- For Alpine, Clarion, JVC (2010 & earlier), Sony, & Panasonic: Connect the 3.5mm male connector of the HDSWC1 to the SWC 3.5mm input on the back of your compatible head unit.
- For Kenwood & JVC (2011 & newer): Connect the blue/yellow wire of the HDSWC1 to the SWC input wire (blue/yellow) on the back of your compatible head unit.
Note: You may need to cut and modify the SWC harness of the HDSWC1; make sure to review the included Instruction Manual to see if your head unit requires this step.
Retained Handle Bar Controls: The Scosche HDSWC1 retains the following handle bar controls.
- Left Handle Bar Controls: Volume Up/Down, Mute, Answer/End, and Preset+
- Right Handle Bar Controls: Source, Track/Seek Up, and Track/Seek Down
Wiring Harness: The HDSWC1's included wiring harness features a molex plug which connects to your Harley Davidson's factory radio connector. The HDSWC1's harness also features the following bare wires which will need to be hardwired to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness.
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory (10A Max)|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/black||Right Front Speaker -|
Note: The wiring harness only includes leads for the front left & right speakers. If your motorcycle has rear speakers, they will need to be hardwired.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.