AudioQuest Anti-Static Record Brush
Our take on the AudioQuest Anti-Static Record Brush by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
AudioQuest built a better record brush
AudioQuest leaves no stone unturned, even when it comes to upgrading the humble — but vital — record brush.
They've packed in more, thinner carbon fibers so the brush can sweep away ever-smaller particles. And you'll notice that this brush has exposed metal on the handle, which lets you serve as the "ground" to discharge static electricity while you're brushing. It's a simple, effective tool for any vinyl lover.
- designed to safely clean vinyl records works great on LCD screens and keyboards too
- carbon fiber bristles and conductive gold contacts remove microscopic dust
- exposed metal on the handle helps discharge static electricity
- rotating handle on brush cleans the bristles
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Anti-static record brush with rotating handle
prompt service. easy to use.
Anonymous, Rolling Prairie, IN
How To Use:
- Place record on platter and start turntable.
- Holding the Anti-Static Record Brush's gold contacts, gently place the carbon fibers across the grooves. The fibers must touch the grooves, but should not bend; it is the ends of the fibers which do the cleaning.
- Let the record turn a few times in order for the carbon fibers to gather both visible dust, and the micro-dust that is too small to see.
- With the brush still on the record, rotate your wrist and the brush counterclockwise, lifting the fibers off the record. Try not to lose the dust as you lift the brush off the record.
- Rotate the brush within the black handle to clean the dust off the fibers.
- The brush is better at gathering dust than at holding dust; so repeat steps 3 and 4 a second or third time. For records that are cleaned every time they are played and not left out, a single pass with the Anti-Static Record Brush will keep them clean.
Note: Do not touch the carbon fibers as fingers' natural oil will compromise the cleaning process.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.