MTX TNP212D2 Bass Package
Dual 12" sealed enclosure with 250-watt mono amplifier
Crutchfield: Sealed and ported subwoofer boxes
Our take on the MTX TNP212D2 Bass Package by Crutchfield's John Pollard
Add some bass to your ride
You want to take your bass to the next level, but you don't want to mess with matching up subs, a box, and an amp. This MTXTNP212D2 bass package includes a powerful mono amplifier and a pair of 12" subs loaded in a sealed box. Install this setup in your car to get the rumble your system's been missing.
A complete bass package, just add wiring
MTX starts off the package with a Terminator TNA251 mono amplifier that'll provide up to 250 watts RMS, a nice match for the two 12" Terminator subs that are also included. The subs come mounted in a rugged sealed enclosure made from 5/8" MDF that'll give you that low-frequency reinforcement you're looking for. And MTX protects this bass package with a 2-year warranty.
- package includes one Terminator TNA251 mono amplifier and one dual 12" sealed enclosure loaded with two 12" Terminator subwoofers.
Terminator TNA251 mono amplifier:
- 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable high- and low-pass filters (40-400 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 11-3/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 7-3/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
Terminator sealed dual 12" enclosure:
- 5/8" MDF construction with aviation-grade carpet
- two Terminator 12" 4-ohm subwoofers wired for 2-ohm impedance
- polypropylene woofer cone with durable rubber surround
- frequency response: 41-150 Hz
- power range: 200-400 watts RMS total
- dimensions: 29-5/8"W x 14"H x 13-1/2"D1 x 11-1/8"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Mono amplifier
- Two 30 amp ATO fuses (installed)
- Speaker level input harness
- Hatchback style subwoofer enclosure loaded with two 12" woofers
Sounds great and looks good
Dan, Elmira, NY
Overview: This package includes a mono subwoofer amplifier and a hatchback style enclosure loaded with two 12" woofers.
Enclosure: The sealed enclosure is built from 5/8" MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) and is covered in aviation grade carpet. Two 12" 4Ω subwoofers are installed, internally wired in parallel, to present a 2Ω load.
Amplifier: The mono amplifier output is 250 watts RMS at 2Ω. It has a pair of RCA inputs, as well as a speaker-level input harness. There is also a pair of RCA outputs, so you can connect another amplifier without having to run a second pair of RCA cables back to your headunit. The low-pass crossover is adjustable from 40-400 Hz. The power, ground, and speaker output wire is attached to set-screw terminals. (8-gauge power wire is recommended.)
Note: For this system the amplifier's crossover should be set to low-pass.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.