NAD C 275BEE
Stereo power amplifier
Our take on the NAD C 275BEE by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
NAD designed the C 275BEE power amplifier from the ground up to deliver the best possible performance in its price range. With a conservative 150-watt-per-channel rating, this potent amp generates the kind of power you need to drive virtually any speaker system with ease. Match it with the NAD C 165BEE stereo preamplifier to create a sound system capable of impressive dynamics, musical detail, and transparency.
Advanced technology for stunning sound
The C 275BEE employs many of the same high-end features found on NAD's top-of-the-line Master Series components, including NAD's exclusive PowerDrive™ technology. This unique circuit automatically senses your speaker's impedance, then optimizes the amp's power supply settings to deliver the most dynamic power possible. This allows it to easily drive low-impedance loads, including many of today's high-end speakers, which often run closer to four ohms than eight. Plus, a patented distortion-canceling circuit in the amp's output stage ensures your music stays clean and pure.
A strong, vibration-resistant build
Along with all of its advanced technology, NAD gave the C 275BEE a big helping of good old-fashioned construction quality. This amplifier boasts a heavy-gauge steel chassis for added durability and vibration resistance. Its power supply, the heart of any amplifier, utilizes an interference-canceling toroidal transformer and heavy copper buss bars to channel enormous amounts of current to the custom gold-plated speaker binding posts. Additional premium-quality internal components — such as four pairs of discrete high-wattage output transistors per channel — allow the C 275BEE to handle prolonged high-power operation effortlessly.
- 150 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.008% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB
- PowerDrive circuit with automatic speaker impedance sensing delivers maximum dynamic power output regardless of speaker load
- switchable Soft Clipping circuit gently limits amplifier power output to reduce risk of speaker damage due to prolonged high volume operation
- distortion-canceling circuit for high-accuracy sound
- high-current toroidal power transformer
- all-discrete circuitry with four pairs of high-wattage output transistors per channel
- 1 pair RCA preamp inputs (switchable fixed or variable)
- two pairs of custom gold-plated speaker binding posts
- bridged mode for mono operation (330 watts x 1)
- 12-volt trigger input
- detachable AC power cord
- <1W Standby Power Consumption
- free of lead and other environmentally dangerous substances
- weight: 32.2 lbs.
- 17-1/8"W x 5-15/16"H x 16-1/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 6' Power cord
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Italian/ German/ Dutch/ Swedish/ Russian)
- Warranty information
Excellent value. True sound, clear and separate. Rated very conservatively on rich power. Perfect mate to my NAD C 165BEE preamp.
Tony, Kennesaw, GA
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||150|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||150|
|Bridged Power per Channel||330 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||1|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding Posts|
Soft Clipping: NAD's Soft Clipping circuit gently limits the output of the C 275BEE to minimize audible distortion when the amplifier is over-driven. While Soft Clipping can be left on at all times to reduce the likelihood of audible distortion from excessive volume settings, you can also turn the circuit off for critical listening if you prefer.
Bridgeable: The C 275BEE can be bridged to a single channel, more than doubling the power output. When bridged, the minimum recommended speaker impedance is 8Ω.
A/B Speaker Terminals: The amplifier features A & B speaker terminals to power two pair of loudspeakers. The amplifier supports 4Ω speakers when only one pair is connected, however, when two pair of speakers are connected a minimum impedance of 8Ω is recommended.
Input Select: A switch on the rear panel allows you to set the input to Fixed or Variable. In the fixed position the input signal is routed directly to the amplifier; typically used in single amp systems, or when multiples of the same amp are used. The variable position allows you to adjust the input level before amplification, useful when matching output levels in a multi-amp system, bi-amping speakers, or extending the volume control range of the preamp.
Auto Turn-on: The C 275BEE can be turned on automatically one of two ways; +12 volt trigger from another component or by sensing an input signal.
- Input Select: choose Fixed or Variable (variable allows volume adjustment using the Input Level dial)
- Input Level: rotary dial; adjusts volume to match another amplifier
- Bridge Mode: switch between stereo and mono amplifier output
- Soft Clipping: turn the Soft Clipping circuit on/off
- Power: master power switch
- +12V/Input Sensing: choose +12 volt trigger or signal sensing to automatically turn the amp on
- Speakers: the speaker binding posts will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, spade lugs up to 0.625" wide, and bare wire up to 10 gauge; there are four speaker outputs, A (left and right) and B (left and right); when powering two pair of speakers a minimum impedance of 8Ω is recommended
- Signal Input: stereo RCA input jacks
- 12 Volt Trigger: turn the amp on/off along with another device that has a +12 volt trigger output
- AC Input: 2-pole IEC power input for use with included cord (or optional upgraded cord)
- Continuous Power: 150 watts x 2 into an 8Ω or 4Ω load, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, no more than 0.008% THD, both channels driven simultaneously
- Continuous Bridged Power: 330 Watts x 1 into an 8Ω load, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, no more than 0.02% THD
- Dynamic Power:
- 8Ω: 250 watts x 2
- 4Ω: 410 watts x 2
- 8Ω Bridged: 800 watts x 1
- Rated THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): <0.008% (driving both channels 20 Hz - 20k Hz simultaneously at 8Ω)
- >102 dB (A-weighted, ref 1 watt)
- >123 dB (A-weighted, ref 150 watt)
- Damping factor: >180 (ref 8Ω, 50 Hz and 1 kHz)
- Frequency response:
- +/- 0.1 dB: 20 Hz-20 kHz
- - 3 dB: 3 Hz-100 kHz
- Input impedance:
- Fixed: 10 kΩ + 200 pF
- Variable: 100 kΩ + 100 pF
- Input sensitivity: 1.2 volts (ref rated power)
- Voltage gain: 29 dB
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption:
- Normal Operation: 312W
- Standby: <1W
- Idle: <100W
- Weight: 32.2 lbs (14.6 kg)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.