About the MB Quart MBQJ-STG6A-1
Upgrading the stereo in your Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator doesn't have to involve replacing the factory radio. This all-in-one speaker upgrade kit from MB Quart lets you boost your sound while keeping the stock radio. The package includes speakers, two amplifiers, and a vehicle-specific interface that's designed to work with the Jeep radio. Installation involves basic hand tools.
Big-time sound and a factory look
This 6-speaker, 400-watt system includes two 3-1/2” full-range dash speakers, two 6-1/2" mid-bass drivers in enclosures for the knee panels (lower dash), and two 6”x9" full-range rear speakers. These all-weather speakers get the power they need from two 200-watt Class D marine-rated amplifiers, and they'll sound great in your Jeep.
Built to last
The entire system is designed to blend right into your Jeep's interior. In addition to the Jeep-specific front speaker enclosures, the package includes a powder-coated mounting plate for the amps. And all of the gear is designed to meet MB Quart's exacting standards for durability and water-resistance.
Installation Notes: Installing the 6-1/2" speakers in the lower dash is not difficult, but it requires significant dash disassembly. Installing the 6"x9" speakers in your sound bar requires cutting, and you will not be able to reinstall the factory speakers. If you don't have experience with this type of project, please consult a professional.
- designed for 2018-up Wrangler (JL) and 2020-up Gladiator (JT)
- included OEM integration module only compatible with Jeep radio
- all components designed for off-road use
- system includes:
- six weather-resistant speakers
- two 2-channel marine amps
- front speaker enclosures
- AAMPRO interface for connecting to Jeep radio
- amp mounting plate, installation parts and wiring
MB Quart front speakers
- two 3-1/2" coaxial speakers with 3/4" magnesium dome tweeters
- two 6-1/2" mid-bass drivers in composite enclosures
- enclosures are direct replacements for factory speaker enclosures
- rubber speaker surrounds
- warranty: 1 year
MB Quart rear speakers
- two 6" x 9" coaxial speakers with 1" magnesium dome tweeters
- rubber surrounds
- warranty: 1 year
MB Quart NA2-400.2RC 2-channel amp
- Class D design
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms (400 watts peak)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- low-pass crossover and bass boost
- conformal-coated circuit board
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MBQJ-STG6A-1
What's in the box:
- This MB Quart system contains 7 individually boxed items:
- JC1-108 Upper Dash Speakers:
- Two 3.5" 2-way speakers
- Two 5" speaker harnesses
- JW1-116E Lower Dash Speakers:
- Two 6.5" mid-bass drivers pre-installed in custom enclosures (attached 7" wire harness terminated in a Molex plug and a 27" wire harness terminated in slip-on terminals)
- JC1-169SB Rear Speakers:
- Two 6x9" 2-way speakers
- 2 Mounting plates
- 2 Grilles
- Two 10" speaker harnesses
- Eight 12mm machine screws
- Sixteen 14mm screws
- NA2-400.2RC Amplifier (x2):
- 2-Channel amplifier w/ attached 8" power/ground and speaker output harnesses (terminated with Molex plugs)
- 16" Power/ground harness (inline 30A ATC fuse)
- 16" Speaker output harness
- Four 18mm screws
- Quickstart guide
- PAC AP4-CH41 Interface:
- Amplifier integration interface module
- 18" T-harness
- 8" Speaker connection harness
- 6' Rotary-knob cable
- Installation Instructions
- MBQJ-ACC-1 Accessory Kit:
- Dual amp mounting plate
- 8' 6-Channel RCA cable
- Power & ground distribution harness w/ 7.5' power wire and 34" ground wire (power wire terminated with a crimp-connector on one end and ground wire terminated in a ring-terminal / both terminating into three 2-pin Molex plugs on other end)
- 13" Section of power wire w/ inline fuse holder and installed 70A Maxi fuse (ring terminal on one end / bare-ended wire on other end)
- 8.5' Rear speaker harness
- 10' Front speaker harness
- 7' Subwoofer harness (not used)
- 8' Remote turn-on wire
- Ten 8" wire-ties
- Twelve 1/4" machine screws
- 12 Flat washers
More details on the MB Quart MBQJ-STG6A-1
Features & specs
|Woofer Composition||Paper/mica blend|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||75 - 23k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||65|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||130|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||---|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||---|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||---|
Compatibility: The MB Quart MBQJ-STG6A-1 amplified speaker package is specifically designed for installation in 2018-up Jeep Wrangler (JL) and 2020-up Jeep Gladiator (JT) vehicles with a factory OEM headunit installed. The Jeep speaker package includes six speakers, powered by two 2 x 100W (@4Ω) amplifiers, along with an OEM amplifier integration module, mounting hardware, wiring, and speaker harnesses for a direct fit, with minimal modifications to the vehicle required.
Note: The MBQJ-STG6A-1 can only be used with the factory OEM headunit. For aftermarket radio integration, please see the MB Quart MBQJ-STG6AH-1.
Speakers: Three sets of speakers are included, all designed to mount directly to the factory locations.
- Upper Dash: Two JC1-108 3.5" coaxial speakers feature a paper and mica blended cone and a 0.75" titanium dome tweeter.
- Lower Dash: Two 6.5" mid-bass speakers come pre-loaded in custom enclosures that are designed to mount directly in place of the factory enclosure locations.
- Rear Soundbar: Two 6x9" coaxial speakers are provided
for the rear soundbar location, each with a durable paper and mica cone and
a 1" magnesium dome tweeter. Steel mounting plates, mounting hardware, and
replacement OEM-style grilles are provided.
Note: Installation of the rear 6x9" speakers requires cutting/modifying the OEM speaker locations. The factory OEM speakers cannot be re-installed after the modifications have been completed.
Wiring: Each pair of speakers includes speaker wire adapters for interfacing the factory wiring without having to cut and splice.
NA2-400.2RC Amplifier (x2): The MBQJ-STG6A-1 sound system includes two NA2-400.2RC 2-channel amplifiers for powering the six speakers. Each Class-D amp can output 2 x 100w RMS @4Ω or 2 x 200 RMS @2Ω and has a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz. The amplifiers feature conformal coated PC boards that resist corrosion from salt spray and moisture, and a Q-Stasis pre-amplifier stage that reduces incoming noise from a headunit, greatly improving sound quality. A dual coil Pulse-Width Modulated power supply keeps a constant steady voltage. The Class-D topology combined with aluminum heat sinks allows the amp to produce the maximum amount of power while keeping it cool. Amplifier front and rear panels include the following:
- Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks on each amp provides the audio inputs from the included PAC amplifier integration harness. A 6-channel RCA cable is included for running the front and rear audio signals to both amps. Only 4 of the 6 RCA channels will be used, unless adding an additional subwoofer amp/speaker to the system (sold separately).
- Outputs: Two speaker output harnesses on each amp get connected back into the factory speaker wire using the included pre-configured harnesses.
- Power/Ground/Remote: An 8" hardwired harness with Molex connector is provided for power, ground, and remote connections. Additional wire is provided for running power to the battery (inline 70A Maxi fuse included) and a ground wire, terminated in a ring-terminal, for a chassis ground connection. An 8' remote turn-on wire gets connected to the amp's power input harness on one end and the PAC amplifier integration module's remote output on the other end.
- Level: Varies the input signal level with a range of 9V-0.2V.
Amp Mounting: A steel mounting plate is provided for mounting the 2 included amplifiers, and includes additional mounting holes for adding an optional MB Quart NA2-400.1 subwoofer amplifier (sold separately). The amp mounting plate gets installed under the front passenger seat.
Amplifier Integration Interface: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 (R.2) lets you add the two included amplifiers to your Jeep Wrangler (JL) or Gladiator (JT), with and without a factory Alpine amplifier. (Please enter your vehicle information to confirm compatibility.) The AmpPRO AP4-CH41 (R.2) lets you improve your vehicle's audio performance while keeping the original radio's fit, finish, and features.
Note: The factory radio and factory amplifier (when equipped) must remain connected in the vehicle and be operational in order to use the PAC AmpPRO interface.
6Ch Pre-Outs: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 (R.2) provides a 6-channel pre-amp output for use with aftermarket amplifiers. Using the full-range, fixed level factory radio output the AP4-CH41 (R.2) delivers a variable 5V RMS pre-amp output with fading, balance, equalization, and level control capabilities.
Non-Fading Level Control Knob: Channels 5-6 (Sub) of the AP4-CH41 (R.2) are non-fading outputs. The output level of channels 5-6 can be controlled using the supplied level control knob. The level control knob comes with a 6' cable which plugs into the interface module and should be mounted in an accessible location.
Data Controlled Remote Turn-On: A data controlled remote amplifier turn on wire is also provided by the PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 (R.2). The remote turn-on current is rated at 2-amps. If more current is needed an external relay must be used.
Retained Factory Audio Features: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 (R.2) also retains all audio from other vehicle features such as factory Navigation Prompts, Bluetooth, uConnect, and Warning Chimes.
Minimum & Chime Volume: If the minimum volume of your factory radio is too loud once the AP4-CH41 (R.2) is installed, you can manually set the level of the minimum volume using either the programming button on the side of the interface or the factory SWC (Steering Wheel Controls) in conjunction with the supplied level control knob. You can also use AmpPRO PC app. You can also adjust the chime volume level.
AmpPRO PC App: Using the AmpPRO PC App (for Windows PC only) allows you to configure user interface options such as Minimum Volume Level, Chime Volume Level, and a 3-Band EQ from your Windows computer or laptop. The app can also be used to update product firmware.
- Minimum & Chime Volume Level: From the app you can set the minimum volume level of the factory radio, as well as the chime volume level.
- 3-Band EQ: Enables the 3-band EQ (Bass-Mid-Treble) with frequency and Q-factory adjustment. The Bass Frequency can be set to 60, 80, 100, or 120Hz; while the Bass Q-Factor can be set to 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0. The Mid Frequency can be set to 500, 1k, 1.5k, or 2.5k; while the Mid Q-Factor can be set to 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, or 1.5. The Treble Frequency can be set to 7.5k, 10k, 12.5k, or 15k; while the Treble Q-Factory can be set to 0.75 or 1.25.
- Firmware: The AmpPRO app will also allow you to update the interface with new firmware as it becomes available.
Note: These AmpPRO PC App settings can be adjusted with the module installed in the vehicle or on the bench. However, it is recommended to make the adjustments with the module installed, and the factory radio on so that the changes can be heard.
Dip Switch: Set dip switch 2 to "ON" to lower the RCA output voltage to 4V. Set the dip switch 2 "OFF" to keep the RCA output voltage at 5V. Dip switches 1-3-4 are not used.
Optional Toslink Add-On Module: When used in conjunction with PAC's APA-TOS1 (541APATOS1; sold separately), the AP4-CH41 (R.2) can provide a variable 2-channel fiber optic digital audio output (toslink). Toslink fiber-optical cable also sold separately.