About the MB Quart RW1-254
MB Quart has been turning out high-quality car audio equipment for over 50 years, creating the immersive experience that listeners crave. Now they bring you their Reference Series subwoofers, made to deliver the kind of low end that captures attention inside and outside your vehicle.
The RW1-254 is a 10" component subwoofer with dual voice coils that can be wired for 2-ohm or 8-ohm impedance, giving you a wide array of system options. The non-pressed coated paper cone is made to deliver warm bass, while the double-stitched foam surround and specially-designed spider keep the cone in check for higher power handling with minimal distortion. A heavy-gauge black powder-coated die-cast aluminum basket holds everything together with stability and style. The 3" voice coil and dual 70-ounce magnets allow this sub to handle up to 800 watts RMS for impressive low-frequency performance. This sub will take all the power your music can dish out.
- 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- coated non-pressed paper cone with double-stitched foam surround and poly/cotton spider
- vented die-cast aluminum basket with black powder-coated finish
- designed for high SPL performance
- can be wired for 2-ohm or 8-ohm impedance
- power handling: 800 watts RMS (1600 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 83.3 dB
- top-mount depth: 6.53"
- cutout diameter: 9.428"
- ported box volume: 1.0-2.4 cubic feet
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # RW1-254
What's in the box:
- One 10" Dual 4-ohm voice coil subwoofer
- Spec sheet
Customer reviews for MB Quart RW1-254
More details on the MB Quart RW1-254
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Impedance (Ohms)||2, 8|
|Cone Material||Coated Paper|
|Port diameter (inches)||4|
|Port length (inches)||17|
|Dual Voice Coil||Yes|
83.3 dB at 1 watt |
|Max RMS Power Handling||800|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1600|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||6 9/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||7 5/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||9 7/16|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Minimum Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Maximum Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||2|
|Minimum Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||1|
|Maximum Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||2.4|
Dual 4Ω Voice Coils: The dual 4Ω voice coils offer wiring flexibility; when wired in parallel the woofer presents a 2Ω load, when wired in series the woofer presents an 8Ω load.
Terminals: The two sets of spring post terminals will accommodate single banana plugs and bare speaker wire up to 10 gauge.
Ported Enclosures: Ported (or vented) enclosures typically provide better overall efficiency than sealed, so they are suitable for use with smaller amplifiers, giving you more bass output from a given amount of power. Two ported enclosure volume options are listed in the manual:
- Best Sound Quality: 2 ft³ with one 4" diameter x 17" long port, resulting in a tuning frequency of 27 Hz and a -3dB point of 24 Hz
- Highest SPL: 1.25 ft³ with one 4" diameter x 10" long port, resulting in a tuning frequency of 41 Hz and a -3dB point of 37 Hz