About the Infinity Primus PR5010cs
Competitively priced components
Competitively priced components
When the thrill of owning a new (or new-to-you) car wears off, there's one sure-fire way to bring the excitement back to your drive. Install Infinity's Primus PR5010cs 5-1/4" component speaker system and say goodbye to the uninspired vocals, muddy cymbals, and flabby bass of your factory sound. Lifelike vocals, crisp cymbals, and well-defined bass await you. What new playlists will you create to put these awesome speakers to the test?
Edge-driven tweeter design
Infinity employs an edge-driven design in their soft dome tweeters for a smoother, more open response and minimal distortion at high volume. Prepare for a more clearly defined soundstage as the details in your music come alive.
The included external crossovers are tuned to Infinity's exceptional standards so that you're treated to this system's best possible sound.
Famous Plus One+ technology
This Primus polypropylene woofer delivers solid, punchy bass, thanks to Infinity's proprietary Plus One+ woofer design. Infinity extends the cone right up to the edge of the basket, giving you lots of surface area — and a bigger cone means more bass when your music needs it.
Make the most of your power
Infinity's special "true 4-ohm architecture" uses a low-impedance voice coil to safely draw extra power out of your factory radio, aftermarket stereo, or an external amplifier, so you'll get a stronger clearer sound.
Grilles are not included; the factory grilles should be suitable for most applications.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- 5-1/4" Plus One+ polypropylene woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- edge-driven, textile dome tweeter
- 2.7-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
- handles up to 55 watts RMS (165 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 67-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB at 2.83 volts
- woofer top-mount depth: 1-15/16"
- grilles not included
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # PR5010CS
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has attached 6" speaker leads with male quick-slides)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Four 1-3/8" Screws
- Eight 1-1/8" Screws
- Six 5/8" Flat head screws
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Template on box
- Installation manual
Customer reviews for Infinity Primus PR5010cs
More details on the Infinity Primus PR5010cs
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Tweeter Design||Edge-Driven Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||88|
|Frequency Response||67 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||55|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||165|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 15/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 7/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.258|
Plus One Woofer Cones: The Plus One speaker cones offer more surface area than other speakers that fit in the same size opening. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The result is greater bass output and an increase in efficiency.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Mounting System: The tweeters can be surface or
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount housing and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed in the flush-mount adapter, then into the flush mount housing and inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just over 1/3 inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||0.5" (screw depth)||0.804"||1.011"||0.5" (screw depth)||0.477"||0.94"|
Crossovers: The crossovers' inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315" wide. There are two mounting holes in each crossover.
- Width: 2-1/8"
- Height: 1"
- Depth: 2-5/16"
Impedance: The Primus Series speakers feature 2.7Ω voice coils to compensate for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring and extract every watt from the factory receiver, increasing overall system output and efficiency (relative to 4-ohm speakers). The speakers also benefit from increased power when you upgrade the wire and add aftermarket amplifiers capable of powering a lower impedance load.
1 question already asked