About the Kenwood DNX571TR
Let Garmin lead your rig or RV
Let Garmin lead your rig or RV
Kenwood's DNX571TR navigation receiver features sleek graphics, a wealth of A/V connections, improved smartphone integration, and other convenient features. On top of all that, you get built-in guidance specifically for 18-wheelers, RVs, and other large vehicles from the experts at Garmin. This Kenwood also serves as a great-sounding gateway to your favorite music, videos, and audio apps.
Roll out with confidence
The DNX571TR's 6.1" high-resolution touch display shows you everything you need to know from the driver's seat. It offers road maps for the entire U.S. and Canada, and Mexico, plus Puerto Rico and the U.S Virgin Islands. You'll get trademark Garmin guidance along the way, with text-to-speech voice prompts that say actual road names at turns. Garmin's lane guidance helps you stay on the right path when approaching mutli-lane turns or highway splits. Realistic views of complicated intersections make it easier to get through new locales with your load intact.
On-point directions for trucks and RVs
Truck-specific points of interest include truck stops, food, rest areas, weigh stations, and clean beds along your route and at each upcoming exit. When looking for truck stops, you'll find a list of services offered for each one, including showers, truck scales and Wi-Fi®. The DNX571TR also provides upcoming road info, such as sharp curves, bridge heights, and high wind areas. You'll also get a heads-up for steep grades so you can plan ahead for demanding ascents and descents.
The DNX571TR also provides specialized routing for truck-related restrictions on most roads in the lower 48 states and Canada. You can specify height, weight, length, width, and hazardous materials criteria, and the navigator will provide the best, safest route to your destination — RV owners can do the same. If you're entering an area with a different posted speed limit for trucks, you'll get an alert for that, too.
The DNX571TR also tracks your fuel usage, HOS (hours of service), and mileage by state for IFTA purposes. It can even warn you if you're going to violate your HOS conditions. When you're off the road, you can easily export all your logs to your laptop or PC for efficient reporting and tracking of your trips.
Add your smartphone to the convoy
Kenwood lets you incorporate your favorite smartphone music apps into your drive. Here are some highlights for the DNX571TR:
- iPhone®: With a separate cable, you'll get control of your Pandora® Internet radio, iHeartRadio, and Spotify apps through the receiver's touchscreen when connected. Limited control over your music apps is also available via wireless Bluetooth connection. The DNX571TR also offers compatibility with your iPhone's Siri® feature for select email, Bluetooth® calling, and iPod® commands. The receiver's iPhone App Mode offers some basic interaction with select apps through its touchscreen using a wired connection; some apps such as streaming video may require the parking brake to be engaged.
- Android™: You'll get control of your smartphone's Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Spotify apps through Bluetooth, so no cable needed. The Kenwood Music Control app also gives you easy search and playback functions of your Android phone's music through the receiver.
The DNX571TR also features an HDMI input, allowing you to connect most compatible Android smartphones and devices. WIth the correct HDMI or MHL cable connected, you'll be able to view video content from your phone on the Kenwood's screen while parked. The same goes for your iPhone 5 or newer, but you'll need to make sure you have the right combination of cables and adapters from Apple to view videos on the receiver's display.
Garmin Smartphone Link adds more tools for the road
Android and iPhone users can both take advantage of Garmin's Smartphone Link app, which allows the receiver and your phone to share information wirelessly, such as saved and recently found locations, where you parked, and your current destination. You can also subscribe to dynamic services from Garmin for more road-friendly content like advanced weather reports, enhanced traffic updates, and local fuel prices for an additional fee.
Available NAVTEQ traffic reports
NAVTEQ traffic information for major metropolitan areas is available through the DNX571TR's built-in traffic receiver, so you can see congestion along your route and find a way around it from the driver's seat. You'll need to activate the lifetime service through Kenwood's website to receive the traffic updates, at a one-time cost of $60 (subject to change).
Stay in contact through Bluetooth
A familiar voice can make those long hauls seem less lonely. Built-in Bluetooth lets you make and take calls through the receiver via your compatible phone. You'll get voice dialing support through most phones, and safe Siri Eyes Free dialing with compatible iPhones. A wired connection will also get you automatic pairing with any iPhone. Most points of interest in Garmin's database include the phone numbers, so you can call ahead with the one tap of the screen to make reservations at hotels or check parking availability at truck stops. The Kenwood DNX571TR also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of any Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone.
Build-in HD Radio™ tuner
The DNX571TR also features an HD Radio tuner. You'll enjoy much-improved AM/FM sound quality when you're tuned into a local participating station, and there's no subscription required — just tune it in like a regular radio station.
Expand with sight and sound options
This receiver will play all your CDs and DVDs, including discs loaded with music files, while two rear A/V inputs offer connections for more audio/video sources. You can plug your iPod or a thumb drive into the rear USB port, and enjoy all your favorite albums and playlists. And you can control all the action without touching the screen with the included remote control.
The high-resolution 6.1" WVGA screen is perfect for viewing video from DVDs or other sources when you're parked. You can tap into video content on your iPod or iPhone with the help of an additional cable (not included). If you're using the receiver in an RV or large truck, you can play movies through a rear-seat monitor for your passengers. Dual-zone output lets you enjoy the radio or another audio source up front while your passengers view movies on DVD.
Leave road noise on the shoulder
Kenwood's Drive EQ technology helps your music overcome road noise by boosting certain frequencies that are easily masked by wind and tires rolling on asphalt. You'll also have a 3-band graphic equalizer and other soundshaping tools so you can apply the touch you want to your truck's sound system.
Ready for satellite radio
Satellite radio is a trucker's dream, since the stations you love are always there. You can hook up a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included) to this receiver and access the wide variety of entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music satellite radio provides.
Want to keep your truck's steering wheel audio controls?
In most trucks and RVs, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular vehicle and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD player with 6.1" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- wireless remote control
- built-in iPod,iPhone, and iPad control (see Details for model compatibility)
- Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Spotify app control via Kenwood KCPA-IP102 cable, Apple dock connector cable, or KCA-IP103 cable (limited control available via Bluetooth connection)
- Kenwood KCA-IP202 cable required for full access to audio/video content from older Apple devices
- Kenwood KCA-HD100 cable and Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter required for viewing video content from Lightning devices
- Siri Eyes Free control with iPhone 4s and newer
- built-in Android control
- compatible with Garmin Smartphone Link services for traffic, weather, red-light cameras, and fuel prices (subscription fees may apply) via Android and iPhone
- built-in Garmin navigation system for 18-wheelers, RVs, and other large commercial vehicles
- maps of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 6 million points of interest
- lifetime NAVTEQ traffic service in metropolitan areas available with one-time $60 activation fee
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- allows truck-specific restrictions when routing in the contiguous 48 states and Canada
- lane assistance and junction view
- speed limit indicator and alerts
- automatic IFTA mileage and HOS tracking
- transport modes: truck, RV, auto
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 3-band graphic EQ
- high- and low-pass filters
- dual-zone A/V output
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, two rear A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: A/V output; 6-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- microSD card input for map updates
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DNX571TR
What's in the box:
- Double-DIN navigation receiver w/ 6.1" monitor (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- Reverse/Brake harness
- Remote control (RC-DV331)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- GPS antenna (w/ attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive base
- Microphone w/ integrated bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
- "Caution for Smartphone Users" note
More details on the Kenwood DNX571TR
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear), Mini (rear) x 2|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2.0 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||7.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
6.1" Touchscreen Display (w/ Flick Scrolling): The Kenwood DNX571TR features a 6.1" widescreen (16:9) touchscreen LCD with LED backlighting. The LCD touchscreen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with easy-to-identify icons, making menu navigation easy. You can scroll screen lists by simply flicking the screen up/down, or scroll screen pages by simply flicking the screen right/left.
- Aspect Ratio: You can change the aspect ratio for video playback. You can select from Full (16:9), Just (4:3 LB), or Normal (4:3), or Auto (automatically selects to match incoming video signal).
- Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the unit's display brightness, contrast, color, tint, sharpness, and black level to suit your viewing needs during video playback.
- Custom Background Images: You can download a still image (800 x 600) for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Custom Top Menu: The Top Menu screen (main menu) features 3 pages of source & settings icons. The first page consists of 3 large icons and 4 smaller icons which can be accessed directly, while the second page consists of 10 small icons, and the third page consists of one small icon. You can customize the Top Menu by rearranging the icons and moving the icons you use most to the front page.
Note: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display (21 languages including English, French, Spanish, and others).
Start-Up Time: The Kenwood DNX571TR will turn on to the last source selected or the navigation screen. The unit has start-up time of approximately 21.3 seconds from OFF to the last Source selected, or a start-up of approximately 30.1 seconds from OFF to the Navigation screen.
Split Screen AV Control: The Split Screen AV Control mode divides the head unit's touchscreen monitor into two screens, with navigation on the left and a control window on the right. With this Picture-in-Picture type function, the head unit can now display the navigation map screen and basic playback controls for the source screens (or rear-view camera) simultaneously.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the left edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination, as well as display background color from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Aqua, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31). You can save up to 3 custom color presets. The Kenwood logo and eject button remain red, regardless of variable color illumination setting.
Clock Display: The navigation receiver offers a 12-hour clock which is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle's key in the accessory or on position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during "Standby" mode. Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Security Indicator: The Security Indicator feature helps to protect the Kenwood DNX571TR against theft. Turning this function "On" allows the security indicator light (red) on the front-panel of the head unit to flash when your vehicle's ignition is off.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (within 4-pin harness) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, album artwork, and the navigation on-screen map.
2-DIN Chassis: The DNX571TR has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Trucker Navigation: The Kenwood DNX571TR has been designed with features that are tailored to the OTR (On The Road) trucking industry.
- Trucker Profile: You can enter data about the rig you're driving (such as odometer reading, width, overall length, height, gross weight, maximum weight per axle, and number of trailers) or what you're hauling (hazardous materials like explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids or solids, corrosives, etc.). Multiple truck profiles can be stored in the memory. With your truck profile entered, the DNX571TR will display warning icons along your route that affect your travel. Warnings include size/weight restrictions, hazmat restrictions, road conditions (grounding risk, lateral wind, narrow road, sharp curves, steep grades), and upcoming weigh stations. *Entering your vehicle profile does not guarantee that your vehicle's characteristics will be accounted for in all route suggestions. It is your responsibility to account for your vehicle's height, length, weight, and other relevant restrictions when driving.
- Hours Of Service: You can use the Hours Of Service feature to record your working hours, which will help you comply with safety regulations. You can record the following hours of service - Off Duty (record the time you are off duty), Sleeper (record the time you are resting in the sleeper), Driving (record the time you are driving a commercial motor vehicle in operation), or On Duty (record the time you are on duty, but not driving a commercial motor vehicle). *This device is not an approved substitute for paper logbook recording requirements under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations. Drivers should comply with all applicable federal and state paper logbook requirements.
- IFTA Logging & Jurisdiction Summary: You can use IFTA Logging to archive data needed for International Fuel Tax Agreement documentation, such as fuel-purchase data and miles driven. The jurisdiction summary lists data for each state or province in which your vehicle has operated during each quarter. The jurisdiction summary is only available in some areas.
Note: You can conveniently export all the device's trucking logs for improved reporting and tracking of each trip to a connected USB MSC device.
Garmin Navigation: With built-in Garmin & HERE navigation software and map data, the Kenwood DNX571TR features on-screen maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada, and Mexico. The built-in maps include over 6-million Points of Interest (POIs) such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations, attractions, parking, airports, ATMs, and more. The built-in navigation software provides you with calculated on-screen routes and audible directions to follow in order to reach your destination safely.
Note: While the receiver's map database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Software/Map Data Updates: When the preloaded maps are considered out of date, the Kenwood receiver will provide periodic notification at startup. Garmin software and map updates can be purchased and downloaded as needed, via SD/SDHC memory card. Garmin supports map updates for five years for each model year. To find a software or map update, please go to www.garmin.com/kenwood.
Note: The unit's microSD-card slot is located on the front-panel hidden behind a flip-out cover (labeled NAV Map). The microSD-card slot is only used for software and map updates. It cannot be used for playback of media files from an microSD memory card.
GPS Receiver & Antenna: The Kenwood DNX571TR employs a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that is forgiving of less than optimal antenna placement, giving you additional placement options. The included GPS antenna features a self-adhesive base and an attached 11.5' cable which plugs into the back of the head unit. The GPS antenna is designed to be mounted inside the vehicle on the dash. The GPS antenna measures 1.3125" (w) x 0.625" (h) x 1.4375" (d). The self-adhesive pad measures 2.5625" square.
- Acquisition Time: 26 seconds (cold)
- Update Rate: 1/second, continuous
- Accuracy: <2.5 meters continuous (Position), 0.1 meter/sec (Velocity)
Note: The navigation receiver took approximately 24.3 seconds to calculate directions from Virginia to California. It only took 9.7 seconds to calculate directions from Virginia to Maryland. These tests were done inside the Crutchfield Lab of the Crutchfield Head Quarters. Results will vary based on length of calculated route and your surrounding area.
HERE Traffic Data: HERE Traffic Data provides real-time traffic data for many major cities in North America, including the United States and Canada (a one time $60 subscription fee is required). If traffic is congested up ahead or there is a road closure along your route, the navigation system will automatically re-navigate the route to show you how to get to your destination, quickly and easily. The navigation system may route you through a traffic delay if a better alternative route does not exist; the delay time is added into your estimated time of arrival automatically. When the unit is receiving traffic information, a traffic icon appears in the upper-left corner of the Map page. The traffic icon changes color to indicate the severity of traffic conditions on your route or on the road you are currently traveling.
|Green||Low severity||Traffic is flowing normally|
|Yellow||Medium severity||Traffic slightly congested|
|Red||High Severity||Traffic is heavily congested or stopped|
|Gray||No data||Traffic data has not updated|
On-Screen Map: The Kenwood DNX571TR displays a real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route. It will show map scale and geographic details such as lakes, rivers, highways and towns. Your route is marked with a magenta line. A checkered flag marks your destination. As you travel the DNX571TR guides to your destination with arrows on the map and directions at the top of the screen. The upper-left corner of the screen indicates the distance to your next maneuver. During your calculated route, your arrival time is displayed in the lower left corner, your current speed is shown in the lower right corner. The posted speed limit for most major roads is displayed near the lower right corner as well. The unit allows you to zoom, pan, and point using the touchscreen during navigation.
- Map Detail: You can adjust the amount of detail shown on the map screen. More detail may cause the map to be slower.
- 2D/3D Map View: You can changes the perspective of the map from 2D North-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with North at the top), 2D Track-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of the screen), 3D Track-Up (displays the map in 3 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of screen).
- Vehicle Type: You can change the icon (arrow, station wagon, sports car, compact car, SUV, jeep, RV, or sled) used to display your position on the map.
- Color Mode: Select between Day (for a bright background), Night (for a black background) or Auto (to automatically switch between the two) for the on-screen map.
Text-To-Speech Voice Prompts: The unit's text-to-speech voices "read and speak" the same words that are displayed on the unit's screens. The voices have an extensive vocabulary and they pronounce the street names as you approach turns. Voice prompts can heard from both of your front speakers, only the left front speaker, or only the right front speaker. You can independently adjust the volume (0-35) of the voice prompts without affecting the main volume. The unit offers English, French, and Spanish voice prompts.
Note: You can continue to listen to your music source while navigating. The DNX571TR will mute the music source, when there is a text-to-speech voice prompt. Once the voice prompt has ended, your music volume will automatically raise to previous setting.
Turn/Lane Assistant + Exit Service: While navigating a route, a preview of the next turn, lane change, or other maneuver appears in the upper-left corner of the map. The preview includes the distance to the turn or maneuver and the lane in which you should be traveling, if available. The Exit Services function lets you search roadway exits for food, lodging, and rest areas so you are never left guessing what is around the bend. You must be on a major highway or road to use this feature.
Speed Limit Icon: A speed limit icon may appear as you travel on major roadways. This icon displays the current speed limit of the roadway. The unit's speed limit icon feature is for information only and does not replace the driver's responsibility to abide by all posted speed limit signs and to use safe driving judgment at all times.
Destination & Location Screens: The DNX571TR offers a variety of destination/location screens & functions to help you along your route.
- Where Am I?: The "Where Am I?" feature gives you instant access to important information in case of an emergency. When you select "Where Am I?" from the menu, you get the coordinates (including elevation) of your current position, plus the nearest address and intersections. There are also menus to help you locate the nearest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, and roadside assistance. You can also save the location for future reference.
- Where To? Screen: The "Where To?" screen provides several
different ways to enter your destination. The navigation system
automatically searches for places near your current location. You can also
choose to have the DNX571TR search for places in a different city, a recent
destination, a favorite destination, projected destination, or along your
- Browse Map: Allows you to search for a destination by touching and dragging the map.
- Go Home: You can store one home location to allow you to calculate a route home from any current location.
- Address/Cities/Intersections: Input your destination address by house number, street, city, and zip-code. You can also search for a city by name or search two intersecting streets.
- POI Category: The detailed maps loaded in this navigation system contain locations, such as restaurants, hotels, parking, auto services, and other POIs (points-of-interest). You can use these categories to browse for nearby businesses and attractions.
- Favorites & Recents: You can save all of your favorite places in the navigation system, so you can quickly navigate to them later. You can also choose from one of your most recent destinations (up to 50) or waypoints.
- Coordinates Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.
- Search Bar + Shortcuts: You can use the Search Bar to search for locations by entering a category, brand name, address, or city name. In addition, you can add up to 36 shortcuts to the Where to? menu. A shortcut can point to a location, a category, or a search tool.
- Where I've Been/Trip Log: The "Where I've Been" application allows you to view your previous routes and places you have stopped on the map. In addition, the device keeps a Trip Log, which is a record of the path you have traveled. The Travel History setting must be enabled in order for the Where I've Been and Trip Log features to function.
Route Preferences/Avoidances: When calculating a route, you can select the following preferences; faster time, shorter distance, less fuel, or off road. You can also program the unit to avoid certain things that may be undesirable on your route; such as U-Turns, Highways, Toll Roads, Carpool Lanes, Unpaved Roads, and Ferries.
Auto Reroute/Detour: If you happen to depart from your original route, the internal navigation system recalculates the route and provides new route instructions. You can also select a specific area to detour around. The navigation system will attempt to get you back on your original route as quickly as possible, after calculating a detour. If the route you are currently taking is the only reasonable option, the DNX571TR might not calculate a detour.
Trip Planner (Multiple Destination Routing): You can create and save a trip with multiple destinations (up to 500 via points) using the Trip Planner. Once you have entered your destinations, you can manually set them in the order of your preference, or allow the device to calculate the most efficient route. Trip itineraries can be saved in memory for future use.
Trip Computer: The trip information page displays your current speed and direction, and provides helpful statistics about your trip. Dual trip odometers keep up with your total mileage. The page also indicates the distance and driving time to your next maneuver, as well as the distance and driving time to your destination. Your maximum speed and moving average speed are also displayed. The information can be reset in advance of your next trip.
Trends: The DNX571TR has the ability to recall frequent destinations and historic traffic information to help calculate your route faster.
- myTrends: The myTrends feature senses when you are driving to a common destination and displays the destination and estimated time of travel in the navigation bar on the map. myTrends does not work when you first begin using your navigation system. To effectively use the myTrends feature, your frequent destinations must be marked as favorites, and a regular pattern of driving habits must be established with three days of regular driving usage.
- trafficTrends: When the trafficTrends feature is enabled, the navigation system uses historic traffic information to calculate more efficient routes. Different routes may be calculated based on traffic trends for the day of the week or based on the time of day.
ecoRoute: The ecoRoute feature calculates your vehicle's fuel economy, carbon footprint, the fuel price of navigating to your destination, and offers tools for improving fuel efficiency. The first time you access the ecoRoute features, you will be asked to enter fuel and mileage information (Fuel Type, City Fuel MPG, HWY Fuel MPG, Fuel Price) about your vehicle.
- Fuel Economy: If you have entered your vehicle profiles and the current fuel price, the DNX571TR calculates fuel used, the average fuel economy for your vehicle, your carbon footprint, and the cost of the fuel consumed.
- At The Pump: At your next fill-up, you can enter in fuel price, amount of fuel used, and the distance you traveled to calculate your vehicle's miles-per-gallon (MPG).
- ecoChallenge Tool: The ecoChallenge tool helps you
maximize your fuel economy by scoring your driving habits. The higher your
overall score for a driving challenge, the more fuel you could save. You
overall score is the average of these 3 scores:
- Speed: gain points for driving at the best speed for conserving fuel, which is 45-60mph for most vehicles.
- Acceleration: gain points for gradual acceleration; lose points for rapid acceleration
- Braking: gain points for gradual braking; lose points for hard braking
- Mileage Report: Mileage reports provide the distance, the time, the average fuel economy, and the fuel cost of navigation to a destination. A mileage report (up to 20) is created for every route that you drive. If you stop a route on your navigation system, a mileage report is created for the distance you traveled.
Note: The data provide by the ecoRoute feature is only an estimate. The data is not actually read from your vehicle.
Smartphone Link w/ Garmin Live Services: The free Smartphone Link app can be downloaded from Apple's App Store or Google Play onto your Apple iPhone (iOS 6.0+) or Android smartphone (2.1+). The download includes several Garmin Live Services, as well as premium subscription services. Smartphone Link creates a seamless navigation experience between the Kenwood navigation receiver and your smartphone. It allows the two devices to share information; such as saved and recently found locations, where you parked, and your current destination. It also links the Kenwood navigation receiver to Garmin Live Services; such as traffic, weather, and fuel prices using your smartphone's current mobile data plan. Garmin Live Services provide the most up-to-date "live" information to the Kenwood navigation receiver using your smartphone's mobile data plan. There's no need for an additional data connection. Some services are included free when you connect to Smartphone Link; others are available through subscriptions that offer premium content and enhanced features.
- Live Traffic: Garmin Live Traffic provides the best-in-class real-time information to help you navigate in and around congestion. Live Traffic is updated every 2 minutes and receives more than 1,000 messages every update cycle. $20.00 per year subscription required.
- Traffic & Safety Cameras: You'll have the ability to look up real-time photos from traffic cameras to get a glance at traffic and weather conditions. It will also alert you to fixed and mobile safety camera data to help you arrive safely at your destination.
- Fuel Prices + Dynamic Parking: Use Garmin Live Services to find the best prices for any grade of fuel in your area or on your route; just tap the screen and go to your chosen station. It also helps you locate parking areas close to your destination and provide you with the number of spots available, as well as the current cost of the parking spot.
- Garmin Tracker: Allows you to track the location of your Kenwood navigation receiver and vehicle via myGarmin. You also can send a link via Facebook, Twitter, or email for others to track you as you travel.
- Weather: Current localized weather, temperature, and forecasts. In addition to what the free weather service provides, Advanced Weather also allows users to receive severe weather alerts and view animated radar images. Colors distinguish types of precipitation, such as rain, snow and ice, to help you avoid bad driving conditions.
Safe Mode: Safe Mode disables all navigation system functions that require significant operator attention and could become a distraction while driving when the vehicle's parking brake is disengaged. You will need to engage the vehicle's parking brake to enter addresses or other advance navigation functions when you have the unit set to Safe Mode.
Travel Tools: The DNX571TR offers tools you can use as you travel. The World Clock allows you to display the current time for four locations throughout the world. You can also display a map of the world showing which portions are in daylight and which are in darkness. The Unit Converter helps you convert distance, speed, area, currency, temperature, volume, and weight. A Calculator allows you to perform simple arithmetic.
Bluetooth Technology: The Kenwood DNX571TR is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (3.0+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DNX571TR. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) + Auto Pairing (for iPhone): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood DNX571TR without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can even pair your Apple iPhone by simply connecting it to the Kenwood head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display. When a paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can pair up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Kenwood head unit with a maximum of two Bluetooth phones and one Bluetooth audio player connected at one time (but only one can be used at a time).
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The touchscreen controls of the DNX571TR can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (0-99 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the DNX571TR, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 30 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 3 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the DNX571TR. Up to 600 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can search the phone book alphabetically (A-Z).
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle's parking brake.
Wireless Audio Streaming w/ aptX CSR: The Kenwood DNX571TR supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The DNX571TR even employs AptX audio coding technology for lossless, CD-quality streaming with compatible AptX-compatible phones (like some Androids). The DNX571TR will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The DNX571TR also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth (not USB), the Kenwood DNX571TR has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's "VOICE/TEL" button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the DNX571TR and its microphone. The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Kenwood DNX571TR; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Compatible Discs: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The Kenwood DNX571TR supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-R/RW, and VCD discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 video & JPEG files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3, WMA, and AAC music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
USB Port: The Kenwood DNX571TR features a rear-panel Full-Speed 2.0 USB type-A port (attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 39" cable) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device - such as select portable digital audio players or USB thumbdrives. The USB port enables playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC audio files; as well as JPEG still-picture files stored on a compatible USB memory device. The DNX571TR also supports video playback of MPEG1/2/4, H.264, and MKV, WMV video files from a connected portable USB MSC device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of a Android OS device.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood DNX571TR supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC compatible)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long File Name||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 5-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 32-48kHz
|MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 5-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps w/ sampling frequencies of 32-48kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling frequencies of 44.1kHz
FLAC: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling frequencies of 8-48 kHz
to 720x480 or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps) |
MPEG-2: 352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to 720x576 (4.0Mbps)
352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps) |
H.264: 352 x 240, 352 x 288, 720 x 480, 720 x 576 (8.0Mbps)
WMV/MKV: 640 x 480 (2. Mbps)
|Photo||N/A||JPEG: 32x32 to 8192x7680 pixels|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC-tags, & Album Art|
Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a disc or USB device.
Highlight Control (DVD Playback): During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen activates the DVD disc menu control buttons, while pressing the bottom center activates the source control screen.
Search Functions (USB only): The Kenwood DNX571TR offers unique search functions for USB playback.
- Category Search: You can navigate music stored on your USB memory device by Playlist, Artist, Song, or Album. Once a category is selected, you can search the contents alphabetically.
- Link Search: Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. The head unit can create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer.
- Picture Search: The unit will display up to eight thumbnails of still-images to choose from. The selected thumbnail will become a full screen image.
- Album Artwork: You can search music files by selecting the Album Artwork. You can even create an original playlist of your favorite 10 albums by selecting album artwork.
Parental Control (DVD only): Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Disc Auto Reload: The unit will automatically reinsert a disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood's support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. Go to Kenwood's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
iPod Audio/Video Playback: The Kenwood DNX571TR supports direct connection of your 30-pin or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone through its rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm input or HDMI input. The DNX571TR offers audio/video playback of connected Apple iPod/iPhone models (video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park).
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you own an older iPod/iPhone with the 30-pin dock connector, you can enjoy audio and video files on your Apple device through the Kenwood DNX571TR. Using Kenwood's KCA-IP202 iPod video cable (113KCIP202, sold separately), you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone; plus video playback of your stored movies and video apps (like Netflix) on your iPod/iPhone through the Kenwood DNX571TR. If you only desire audio playback, you can use Kenwood's KCA-IP102 iPod cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the DNX571TR.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the Kenwood DNX571TR for audio playback only. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Lightning-connector Apple device through the Kenwood DVD receiver. To watch stored video and video apps (like Netflix) in addition to music from your Lightning-connector Apple device on the Kenwood DNX571TR, you'll need Apple's Lightning-to-Digital AV adapter, a Lightning-to-USB cable, and a mobile-grade HDMI cable; such as the Kenwood KCA-HD100 (all sold separately) - this type of connection also requires Bluetooth pairing.
Note: You will need to select which type of connection method you are using in the head unit's setup menu.
iPod/iPhone Control: In addition to audio/video playback, the Kenwood DNX571TR supports control, song/artist information display, and battery charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Head Unit Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Song, Genre, Song, Podcast, or Audiobook. Your iPod's video library can be searched by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, Rented Movie, or iTunesU. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order). You can even search your iPod's music library by Album Art and create a Favorite List, which contains an original playlist of your favorite 10 albums. In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer. The head unit also supports basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ will still allow you to navigate stored music and movies from the Apple device's touchscreen, as well access music and video apps; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Info & Album Art: The DNX571TR will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. Pandora and iHeart Radio will also display metadata information. Other music apps will only display song/artist information in Apps mode.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Apps Mode for iPhone & Android (via HDMI): You can listen to audio from stored music and music apps, as well as watch video from stored movies and movie apps (like Netflix) on your iPhone (iOS 7+) or MHL-enabled Android smartphone, using the head unit's HDMI input and its Apps Mode. The head unit will mirror the display of your mobile device (not always full-screen) when in App Mode. App Mode also provides basic playback control from the receiver's touchscreen (iPhone only). Basic playback functions include Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Previous/Next Track. Using either a compatible iPhone or Android smartphone, you can also exit App Mode and access Pandora, and iHeartRadio directly from the head unit's touchscreen with advance music navigation and control. In addition, the iPhone lets you access its stored music and video library from the head unit's touchscreen with advance search and playback control when connected via HDMI. Access to your iPhone and Android smartphone 's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not all Android and Apple iOS apps are guaranteed to be compatible.
- iPhone Connectivity: If you have an iPhone with the Lightning connector, you will need Apple's Lightning Digital AV adapter and Lightning-to-USB cable; if you have a 30-pin iPhone 4/4S, you'll need a 30-pin digital AV adapter and Kenwood's KCA-IP102 iPod cable (all sold separately). In addition, for both types of iPhones, you will need a a mobile-grade HDMI cable; such as the Kenwood KCA-HD100 (sold separately). This type of connection also requires Bluetooth pairing. The HDMI connector provides the audio/video playback, while the USB connection charges your iPhone device. The Bluetooth connection allows you to control basic playback functions from the head unit.
- Android Connectivity: The head unit's HDMI port is MHL compatible; this means you can simply connect your MHL-compatible Android smartphone to the receiver via a MHL-to-HDMI cable; such as Kenwood's KCA-MH100 cable (sold separately). This type of connection also requires Bluetooth pairing. Select Samsung phones will require an additional 3rd party MHL microUSB 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately). The HDMI connector provides audio/video playback and charging of your Android smartphone's battery, while the Bluetooth connection is also needed for communication. Check here for a list of compatible MHL-enabled Android phones.
Note: Apps Mode does not require that the parking brake be engaged. You will need to unscrew the HDMI bracket on the back of receiver before plugging in your HDMI cable; the bracket needs to be re-attached once your HDMI cable is connected.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DNX571TR is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 11/19/2015):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Apps Mode||Pandora||iHeart Radio||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- *Requires Apple's Lightning-to-Digital AV adapter, a Lightning-to-USB cable, and a mobile-grade HDMI cable (all sold separately).
- **Requires Apple's 30-pin digital AV adapter, Kenwood's KCA-IP102 iPod cable, and a mobile-grade HDMI cable (all sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Built-In HD Tuner: With its built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio significantly improves AM/FM audio quality and reception, as well as includes information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. HD Radio Technology will deliver high-quality digital sound. AM digital will have FM-like quality in stereo (70dB SN @ 40-15kHz), while FM digital will have CD-like quality (70 dB SN @ 20-20kHz) with static free and clear reception. The unit's built-in HD Radio tuner allows analog AM/FM tuning as well.
- Seek Modes + Direct Access Tuning: You can choose one of three seek modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual. You can also setup the DNX571TR to search only HD Radio stations. In addition, you can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Tuner Presets: The DNX571TR's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24). Not only does the DVD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
- Station Info & Multicasting: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles; as well as Album Art. In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8).
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Internet Radio Apps: The Kenwood DNX571TR allows you to access Pandora and iHeartRadio online music services through your USB-connected, Bluetooth-paired, or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected iPhone (5.0+); as well as your Bluetooth-paired or HDMI+Blueooth-connected Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your Apple iPhone can be connected to the DNX571TR via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 cable (sold separately), the cable supplied with your iPhone, Bluetooth, or HDMI+Bluetooth. Your Android or Blackberry smartphone must support be paired via Bluetooth or connected via HDMI+Bluetooth to the Kenwood DNX571TR. Your iPhone, Android smartphone, or Blackberry device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App (for iPhone/Android/Blackberry): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps, Google Play, or BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood DNX571TR using your USB-connected, Bluetooth-paired, or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+); as well as your Bluetooth-paired or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Android/Blackberry smartphone. The Kenwood DNX571TR provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station or genre list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
- iHeartRadio Auto (for iPhone/Android): The free iHeartRadio Auto app for Kenwood (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play) lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood DNX571TR using your USB-connected, Bluetooth-paired, or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+); as well as your Bluetooth-paired or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Android smartphone (2.2+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The DNX571TR will provide control over the iHeartRadio Auto app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android/Blackberry smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Kenwood DNX571TR is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- Presets + Smart Favorites: Up to 24 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved. Up to 6 of your SiriusXM presets can be identified as Smart Favorites for advanced features such as TuneStart & TuneScan.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of current channel. You'll also be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content from your six Smart Favorite channels.
- TuneStart & TuneScan: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite channel. TuneScan plays the first 10 seconds of each song that has not been listened to from each of the channels which you have saved as Smart Favorites.
- Alerts: Song/Artist Alert notifies when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. You can also be alerted to information pertaining to your local weather and traffic.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood DNX571TR utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality with a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 98dB.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DNX571TR is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DNX571TR are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/2V Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The DNX571TR features front, rear and subwoofer 2.0-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): In order to optimize the sound quality, you can use the unit's DSP to set the type of vehicle, speaker sizes & locations, listening distances, and x-over points.
- Car Type: Select your car type to automatically set the Delay Time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, or Off.
- Listening Position + Digital Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20') for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Speaker Location: You can set the location of your vehicle's Front and Rear speakers. The Front speakers can be set to Door, On Dash, or Under Dash. The Rear speakers can be set to Door, Rear Deck, 2nd Row, or 3rd Row.
- Speaker Size: You can select the speaker size for your Front and Rear speakers, as well as your subwoofer. The Front and Rear speakers can be set to OEM, 3.5", 4", 4.75", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", or 7x10". The Subwoofer can be set to 6.5", 8", 10", 12", or 15"+. Select None if you have no Rear speaker or sub.
- X'Over: The head unit features independent Front & Rear high-pass crossovers, as well as a subwoofer low-pass crossover. The Front & Rear high-pass crossovers and Subwoofer low-pass crossover can be set to 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220, or 250 Hz; slope of -6, -12, -18, or -24 dB per octave (or select Full-Range).
- Sub Control: You can adjust the subwoofer output's Phase (0° or 180°) and Level (-50to +10dB).
Note: You can also choose to bypass the head unit's DSP feature.
Equalizer: The DNX571TR offers 10 preset EQs for easy adjustment and a 7-band graphic EQ for fine-tuning. You can select from Flat, Natural, Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Powerful, iPod (you can select from 22 EQ curve types within your iPod), or User (customized 7-band EQ). The 7-band graphic equalizer consists of 62.5Hz, 160Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 6.3khz, & 16kHz frequencies which can be adjusted from -9 to +9dB.
Note: Separate EQ settings and EQ preset are stored for each source (Disc, Tuner, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, and Pandora/iHeart Radio).
Bass Management: The DNX571TR offers Bass Boost, Bass DC Extension, and Loudness.
- Bass Boost: The DNX571TR features a four-step Bass Boost (Off/1/2/3) to enhance your music's lower frequencies.
- Bass DC Extension: When turned on, frequencies lower than 62.5 Hz are set the same gain level as the unit's 7-Band EQ 62.5 Hz gain setting.
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
Volume Level Adjustment: The navigation receiver offers several volume level adjustment to tailor the audio output of your sources.
- Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to +6.
- Drive EQ: Drive EQ setting automatically optimizes the sound quality to meet the current volume level.
- Dynamic Range: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
Dual A/V Inputs: The Kenwood DNX571TR navigation receiver is fitted with two rear-panel 3.5mm audio/video inputs. The AV2 input also serves as the A/V input for your USB-connected iPod (using proprietary Kenwood cable). The optional Kenwood AV cable (113CAC3AV, sold separately) provides composite video/stereo RCA audio inputs. You can label each AV Input.
HDMI/MHL Input: The In addition to Apps mode for iPhone and Android, the head unit's HDMI/MHL input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output; such as a TV tuner, Blu-ray player, or game system. The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to view video on the receiver's screen. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device.
A/V Output (with Dual Zone): The unit features a composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output A/V signals to an optional monitor and headphone system; you can also route the audio of the the dual zone source to the head unit's rear speakers. The unit's A/V output can be set to Disc, AV-1, USB, iPod, or Off. You can adjust the volume of the 2nd Zone independently from 0 to 35. You can select between a 16:9, 4:3 LB, or 4:3 PS Aspect Ratio for the unit's video output to match your connected monitor.
Note: Different sources from iPod/iPhone cannot be set as front and rear sources independently. Only one iPod/iPhone source can be set as front and rear sources. Apps mode and the HDMI/MHL input are not available to the second zone.
Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-230 (113CMOS230, sold separately). The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (within 4-pin harness) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.0 seconds.
OEM Integration: This Kenwood navigation head unit is compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR, sold separately); a web programmable module that will permit the aftermarket Kenwood receiver to work with select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system; as well as select GM vehicles with factory OnStar; select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles with U-Connect, and select Volkswagens with factory digital amplifier. The iDatalink Maestro RR lets Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Dodge/Chrysler, and VW owners swap out their factory radio for this aftermarket Kenwood head unit; while retaining the Ford Sync system, GM OnStar system, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep U-Connect system, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, USB interface, Satellite Radio, and 911 assist. You also get to keep the hands-free mic that comes with the car (which is specially tuned to that particular vehicle). In some installations, the iDatalink Maestero RR lets you configure the head unit to operate interior climate controls and provides extra visual data; such as User Selectable Gauges, Vehicle Info (Tire Pressure/Battery Voltage/Check Engine Codes/Door Ajar Warning), and Visual Park Assist.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestor RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Kenwood receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
Remote Control: The included IR remote (RC-DV331) is designed to wirelessly operate this Kenwood navigation head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so it must be pointed at the front-panel of the Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
18 questions already asked