About the Axxess GMOS-LAN-02 Wiring Interface
The Axxess GMOS-LAN-02 GM radio replacement interface lets you replace the factory radio in select OnStar® equipped 2006-up General Motors vehicles using the existing wiring and connectors. Even if you don't subscribe to OnStar, you'll need this interface to connect an aftermarket stereo.
Connect the GMOS-LAN-02 to your aftermarket radio, mount the module, and plug it into the existing factory plug. Get the great sound you want, and keep all of the important safety features intact, including your factory Bluetooth and your GM backup camera. And you can adjust volume settings for OnStar as well as the safety chimes. In addition, this harness lets your new receiver work with any existing factory amplifiers.
Also, once you turn off the ignition in these GM vehicles, the radio continues to play until you open the door. This interface maintains that function with your new aftermarket radio. This adapter gives you convenient plug-in connections for the Axxess steering wheel control adapter (not included) that works with most aftermarket stereos – that means less wiring work for you.
This interface is compatible with select 2006-and up GM vehicles. If you haven't done so already, please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this item is compatible with your vehicle. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- GMOS-LAN-02 Module
- Vehicle harness
- 16-pin to stripped leads harness
- Composite video harness
- Antenna adapter
- Installation Instructions
Customer reviews for Axxess GMOS-LAN-02 Wiring Interface
More details on the Axxess GMOS-LAN-02 Wiring Interface
GMOS-LAN-02 Radio Replacement Interface: The GMOS-LAN-02 radio replacement interface module allows the replacement of the factory radio in your 2006-up GM LAN 29 amplified vehicle with an aftermarket head unit. This interface module allows you to retain factory features such as OnStar, Bluetooth, steering wheel control (optional interface required), and warning chimes. The interface module also provides data bus driven outputs such as retained accessory power (RAP), vehicle speed sensor (VSS), illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of most GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The GMOS-LAN-02 is designed to retain this feature.
- OnStar Compatible: The GMOS-LAN-02 is designed to retain the factory OnStar emergency services system that would normally be lost when your factory radio is replaced by an aftermarket head unit.
- Bluetooth: The GMOS-LAN-02 radio replacement interface module retains your factory Bluetooth functionality.
- Warning Chimes: The GMOS-LAN-02 OEM integration kit retains your vehicle's factory warning chimes.
- Backup Camera: The GMOS-LAN-02 includes a composite video harness which allows you to retain your vehicle's factory backup camera.
- OEM Steering Wheel Control Compatible (optional): The GMOS-LAN-02 features a right-angle 3.5mm connector that lets you keep your GM vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls via the optional Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface (120ASWC1, sold separately).
Vehicle Compatibility: The GMOS-LAN-02 is compatible with select 2006-up GM LAN 29 vehicles that feature a factory amplified sound system (as of 9/30/2013).
Adjustable Volume for Chimes/OnStar: The GMOS-LAN-02 interface features potentiometer located on the 10 pin harness of the module, to adjust the chime/OnStar volume of your vehicle. Rotate clockwise to make the chime/OnStar louder and counterclockwise to make the chime/OnStar softer.
Connections: The GMOS-LAN-02 consists of a single interface module with a 18-pin connector on one end and a 16-pin connector on the other end. It also includes three harnesses and an antenna adapter. One harness includes a 16-pin plug that plugs into the 16-pin connection on the interface and its bare lead wires are hardwired into your new radio's harness. The other harness includes a 18-pin plug that plugs into the 18-pin connection of the interface and includes GM factory plugs that plug into the factory side plugs behind the radio. It also includes bare power/ground wires that will need to be hardwired into your new radio's harness. In addition there is a composite video harness to retain your vehicle's factory backup camera.
Aftermarket Radio Connection: The GMOS-LAN-02 features the following hardwire connections to your aftermarket head unit and factory system.
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Orange/white||Illumination Output (+)|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
|Green/purple||Reverse Output (+)|
|Blue/pink||VSS (vehicle speed sense)|
Optional RSE Retention Harness: The Metra GMRSAV and GMRSAV2 (item numbers 120GMRSAV and 120GMRSAV2, both sold separately) are RSE retention harnesses designed to retain the rear seat entertainment system in select GM vehicles. The harnesses provide an audio/video signal for the factory overhead video screen from your new aftermarket radio, and provide the audio/video output from the rear seat control panel to the aftermarket head unit.
2 questions already asked