About the Sennheiser HD 450BT
Form-fitting headphones loaded with features
The Sennheiser HD 450BT noise-canceling headphones play music wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth 5.0.
Form-fitting headphones loaded with features
Headphones with effective noise cancellation and reliable Bluetooth usually come at a premium. Especially when they're from a highly respected audio company. But the Sennheiser HD 450BT headphones offer both of these special features at a reasonable price.
Music plays wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth 5.0 — the strongest, most reliable Bluetooth yet. And powerful active noise-canceling circuitry helps block out loud nuisances like plane engines and office HVAC systems. These headphones fit snug to stay in place as you move around. Sennheiser's signature dynamic drivers serve up clear sound with deep, powerful bass.
Sennheiser's free app lets you adjust the sound and noise cancellation
For manual control over the sound profile, download the free Smart Control app to your Apple® or Android™ device. It lets you tweak the out-of-the-box sound. Choose from sound setting presets, adjust the EQ manually, or use the app's "emotional equalizer" screen to make tonal adjustments based on your mood.
Long battery life for travel
These headphones have a really solid battery life. You get up to 30 hours of wireless music playback on a full charge, and that's with noise cancellation. You should get through flights just fine — without scrambling to find a charging outlet at the airport.
Control music, calls, and summon your voice assistant
There are touch controls on the right earcup that let you control music playback and volume, and also answer calls. The built-in microphone captures your voice for clear call quality.
You also get one-tap access to Google Assistant or Siri® via your smartphone. Ask questions, dictate texts, or control your tunes by voice — with no awkward delays. (Sennheiser tells us Amazon Alexa support is coming soon with a future firmware update.)
- over-the-ear, closed-back design
- built-in Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX® decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- aptX Low Latency decoding helps sync audio and video on compatible devices
- 32mm dynamic drivers deliver clear sound tuned for strong bass
Noise cancellation, optional mobile app, and controls:
- active noise cancellation uses internal circuitry to reduces external distractions
- free Sennheiser Smart Control app for Apple and Android allows you to adjust settings and customize the sound
- select from preset sound modes or customize your own setting
- earcup touch control over music, calls, and noise cancellation
- built-in microphone for phone calls
- dedicated earcup button summons Google Assistant or Siri on your smartphone or tablet
- ask questions, dictate texts, and control music by voice
- available for Apple® and Android™
- Amazon Alexa will be available with future firmware update
Build and design:
- folding design for portability
- durable headband with soft, padded grip
- snug fit with ergonomic, oval-shaped earpads
Battery info, accessories, and specs:
- rechargeable battery provides up to 30 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
- USB-C charging cable
- detachable cable with angled 3.5mm plug for wired listening
- carrying case
- frequency response: 18-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 108 dB
- weight: 8.4 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 508387
What's in the box:
- Over-ear Bluetooth headphones (white)
- 5' Audio cable (white)(straight 3.5mm plug on one end and right angled 3.5mm plug on other end)
- 42" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Zippered storage case
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
More details on the Sennheiser HD 450BT
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.991" x 3.532"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||18-22k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Sennheiser HD 450BT over-ear wireless headphones feature Bluetooth as well as Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) to give you the freedom to listen to your favorite music anywhere you want without the distraction of ambient noise. The HD 450BT headphones come with a USB charging cable, a straight audio cable, and a soft, zippered storage case.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC): The HD 450BT Wireless headphones feature Active Noise Cancellation to shut out unwanted ambient noise and let in only your music. With a closed-back design, the headphones block much of the outside noise from your environment. ANC uses small microphones on the outside of the ear cup to pick up external noise and generate an opposite noise-canceling sound wave. All you hear is your music with all of its detail.
Bluetooth: The HD 450BT headphones are equipped with Bluetooth 5.0, and have the following profiles: HFP (Hands-Free Profile), HSP (Headset Profile), AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile), and A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). In addition, AAC, SBC, aptX, and aptX Low Latency audio codecs provide high quality audio that is comparable to a wired connection. You can connect to up to 2 devices at a time, and switch between them, as desired.
Voice Assistant: The headphones have a dedicated Voice Assistant button that allows you to access the Voice Assistant that is available on the system or app on your smartphone (such as Siri, Google Assistant, or others).
Sennheiser Smart Control App: The Sennheiser Smart Control app lets you take advantage of all of the functions and settings of the HD 450BT headphones. The app makes it easy to pair the headphones to your phone, and to configure the headphones the way you want them. The built-in equalizer can raise or lower frequencies to give you the sound you're looking for. You can also turn on (or off) the voice prompts and beep sounds as you activate specific features. You can view the headphones' remaining battery life on the app when the headphones are connected via Bluetooth. The Smart Control app is compatible with Android 7.0 and up, and iOS 12.0 or later.
Battery: The Bluetooth function is powered by a 3.7-volt 600mAh Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. The battery charges in approximately 2 hours using the supplied USB-C charging cable. A full charge supplies enough power for 30 hours of wireless listening with Bluetooth and ANC activated. The remaining battery level can be monitored through the on-board LED and voice prompts. The battery life may also be displayed on the screen of your smartphone or device.
On-board Controls: The HD 450BTs have built-in controls on the right ear cup for power, volume, and music/phone call control. Music controls include play/pause, skip to next track, and skip to previous track. Phone controls include accept/end a call, reject call, call on hold, and toggle between 2 calls. Established calls can be transferred from the headphones to the smartphone by turning off the Bluetooth connection. Using the Voice Assistant function of your phone, you can make a call by speaking a command.
Audio Cable: The included 5' audio cable lets you listen to your music when the battery is exhausted, or when you cannot, or choose not to, use Bluetooth. The cable terminates into a slender right-angled 3.5mm plug that is compatible with most smartphone cases. The cable does not have an in-line remote, and the on-board controls do not work when the power is off.
- Frequency Response: 18 Hz to 22 kHz (-10dB)
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 108 dB (1 kHz, 1 Vrms)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.3 % (1 kHz, 100 dB SPL)
- Dimensions (Ear Cup): Width 2.991", Height 3.532", Depth 1.824"
- Weight: 8.55 ounces (9 oz. with cable)
5 questions already asked