About the AudioControl ACM-4.300
Play your music loud and clear
Play your music loud and clear
Power makes good speakers sound great, but where to put an amp in your smaller vehicle? AudioControl comes to the rescue with their compact ACM-4.300 4-channel amp, which delivers 50 watts RMS per channel — perfect for two sets of speakers. This tiny, hand-size amplifier will fit almost anywhere in almost any kind of vehicle, improving the impact and clarity of your music. Even better, it features high-level inputs with signal-sensing turn-on, so it'll work with almost any stereo system, even one using a factory radio.
Versatility and practical features
To simplify setup, a "Maximized" LED indicates when you've set the amplifier's gain for optimum performance. Like it loud? This amp can also operate in two-channel mode to power a pair of high-performance speakers with 150 watts RMS each.
ACM-4.300 controls and connections
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- selectable high-pass filter (bypass, 80, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- subsonic filter: 32 Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- GTO™ (Great Turn On) signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level input
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 9-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 3-1/2"D
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # ACM-4.300
What's in the box:
- 30A fuse (installed on amp)
- Two 4-pin speaker input connectors (installed on amp)
- Two 4-pin speaker output connectors (installed on amp)
- Quick start guide
Customer reviews for AudioControl ACM-4.300
More details on the AudioControl ACM-4.300
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-22k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.01%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||102 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80, 120, Bypass|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The AudioControl ACM-4.300 micro amplifier is a compact 4 channel amp that can output 50 watts RMS into a 4Ω load, 75 watts RMS into a 2Ω load, and 150 watts bridged into a 4Ω load. It includes both RCA line-level and speaker-level inputs, making it ideal for OEM integration, as well as AudioControl's GTO signal sensing turn-on circuitry.
Power Output: The ACM-4.300 has the following output:
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4Ω
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2Ω
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω bridged
Crossovers: The ACM-4.300 includes two 12 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley High pass filters, one for Channels 1 & 2 and one for Cannels 3 & 4. Both use a 3-position switch to change the crossover point with a choice of 80 Hz, 100 Hz, or Bypass. The amp also incorporates a built-in PFM subsonic crossover at 32 Hz.
Gain Maximized LEDs: Each pair of channels on the amp include their own Gain control to the properly set the input level. A Maximized LED indicator is provided for each that lights to let you know when the input signal has reached its optimum performance level, helping to avoid running a distorted signal through the amp.
GTO (Great Turn On) Signal Sense: If you are connecting the amplifier to a factory stereo, or an aftermarket unit without preamp outputs and a remote turn-on lead, the GTO Signal Sense circuitry can turn on the amplifier when an audio signal is detected on either the line-level or speaker-level inputs. After a period of time with no signal input, the amp will turn itself off.
Cover Plate: The ACM-4.300 amp includes a removable top plate that covers the controls and LED indicators. The cover is also reversible if a "plain" look is desired.
Connections: The ACM-4.300's connections are aligned along the front of the amplifier for ease of installation. The amp's connections include:
- Fuse: One 30A ATO blade-type fuse is installed in the amplifier.
- Power: Set-screw terminals are provided for connecting +12V Power, Ground, and Remote In. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not included). The Power and Ground terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire with 8-gauge power/ground recommended. The Remote In terminal accepts up to 10-gauge. A 30A fuse should be placed in-line on the power wire, no more than 18" from the battery.
- Line Level Inputs: Two pairs of RCA jacks are provided for connecting the amp to the source unit via RCA cables (sold separately).
- Speaker Level Input: Two removable Euroblock connectors are provided for connecting the source unit via speaker-level input. The speaker wires are inserted into the connector and tightened with a screwdriver (not supplied).
- Speaker Output: Two removable Euroblock connectors are provided for connecting speaker wire up to 12 gauge. The amplifier will accept a load impedance of 2Ω or higher, (4Ω if bridging). The speaker wires can be inserted into the connector and tightened with a screwdriver (not supplied).
- Preamp Inputs: 4
- Speaker Level Inputs: 4
- Preamp Input Voltage Range: 500mV - 6V RMS
- Continuous Output Power (14.4V):
- 4Ω: 50W x 4 RMS
- 2Ω: 75W x 4 RMS
- Bridged 4Ω: 150W x 2 RMS
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 22kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 102 dBA, Ref 50W @ 4O
- THD+N: <0.01%
- Fuse Rating: 30A x 1
- Crossover: 12 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley, 80Hz/120Hz/Bypass
- PFM Subsonic Filter: 32Hz
- Dimensions: Width: 9.44", Height: 1.70", Depth: 3.50"
- Weight: 1.3 lbs.
6 questions already asked