About the Kicker 48CWR152
Kicker designed their CompR subs for people who love to hear powerful low-frequency punch in their music. The CompR 48CWR152 15” subwoofer comes equipped with a tough polypropylene cone that stays rigid during intense play sessions so you hear accurate bass. A custom-designed back and top plate give the woofer plenty of room to travel, while the double-stitched Santoprene rubber surround helps to control cone movement during a heavy workout. This sub uses newly designed venting in its heavy steel basket to shrug off heat, so you can count on reliable performance.
Any way you want it
This Kicker CompR sub will handle up to 800 watts RMS so make sure you have an amplifier that'll do it justice. Its dual 2-ohm voice coils give you more wiring options when setting up your system, and this versatile sub works well in sealed or ported enclosures.
- 15" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils
- injection-molded polypropylene cone
- double-stitched Santoprene rubber surround
- steel basket
- power handling: 800 watts RMS (400 watts per coil)
- peak power handling: 1600 watts
- frequency response: 25-500 Hz
- sensitivity: 89.4 dB
- top-mount depth: 7.9125"
- sealed box volume: 1.8 - 3.0 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 3.0 - 5.0 cu. ft.
- grille not included
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 48CWR152
What's in the box:
- One 15" Dual 2-ohm voice coil subwoofer
- Kicker logo sticker
- 4 Adhesive backed screw covers
- Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Screw cover installation instructions
- Template on box
Customer reviews for Kicker 48CWR152
More details on the Kicker 48CWR152
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Impedance (Ohms)||1, 4|
|Surround Material||Santoprene Rubber|
|Port diameter (inches)||N/A|
|Port length (inches)||N/A|
|Dual Voice Coil||Yes|
89.4 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||25 - 500 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||800|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1600|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||7 15/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||13 3/4|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Minimum Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.57|
|Maximum Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||3|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Minimum Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||3|
|Maximum Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||5|
Dual Voice Coils: This woofer features dual 2Ω voice coils, offering wiring flexibility. When the voice coils are wired in parallel, the woofer presents a 1Ω load. When the voice coils are wired in series, the woofer presents a 4Ω load.
Cooling: Kicker engineers developed a Forced Air Cooling system, using the motor structure to pull air across the voice coils, helping the sub run up to 25% cooler than the previous model.
Sealed Enclosures: Sealed enclosures provide the most control over a woofer and provide accurate sonic reproduction, making them suitable to all types of music. Kicker recommends sealed enclosures from 1.8 ft³ to 3.0 ft³.
Vented Enclosures: Vented (or ported) enclosures typically provide better overall efficiency than sealed so they are suitable for use with smaller amplifiers, giving you more bass output from a given amount of power. Kicker recommends the following ported enclosures:
- Minimum Enclosure Volume: 3.0 ft³ with a 15½" x 2¾" x 25¾" slot port
- Maximum Enclosure Volume: 5.0 ft³ with a 15½" x 3" x 22" slot port
The Kicker 48CWR152 replaces these items
- injection-moulded polypropylene cone with rubber surround
- power handling: 800 watts RMS
- frequency response: 25-500 Hz