About the Kicker 48KXMA400.2
Powerful, dependable, and good-looking
Powerful, dependable, and good-looking
Kicker's KXMA400.2 marine 2-channel amplifier will bring brilliance and clarity to your sound, powering two speakers with 100 watts RMS each. This reliable and compact KXM Series rocker will run cool even when pushed hard, thanks to its high-mass heatsink, high-tech internal components, and efficient full-range Class-D amp technology. Building a big system piece-by-piece? You could start by using this amp in 1-channel mode to drive a sub with 400 watts, and then later switch the amp back to 2-channel mode to power your speakers when you get a bigger amp for the sub.
Made for marine use
The KXMA400.2 features a conformal-coated circuit board for improved water and dust resistance, plus corrosion-resistant power connections, a gasket-sealed front cover, and stainless steel mounting hardware that won't rust all over your boat's gel coat or carpeting.
Kicker employs their Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT2™) to reject noise and stop any interference generated by your boat's electronics, so you'll enjoy your music clean and pure. Speaker-level inputs make it possible to hook this amp up to almost any stereo receiver or radio. Kicker also helps you set this amp's gain properly, by offering free test tones for downloading. You play a tone and turn the gain up until the gain knob glows red. Then, you turn it down until it just goes out, and the amp's gain is set perfectly.
Versatile controls behind the folding door
A gasket-sealed front door gives you quick and easy access to your amp's controls. You can tune for almost any kind of speaker, as the steeply-sloped high- and low-pass filters offer a wide range of adjustment. The filters can be set up for bandpass operation — where both the high- and low-pass filters are engaged to allow only the frequencies between them to play — for optimizing the signal for midrange speakers in a 3-way system.
KXMA400.2 control panel
- 2-channel marine amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 400 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- gain knob also functions as clip light
- variable high-pass filter (10-500 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (40-500 Hz, 24 dB/octave) with 10x switch
- bandpass engages both high- and low-pass filters
- variable bass boost (0-6 dB at 40 Hz)
- weather-resistant conformal-coated circuit boards
- front-mounted controls protected behind gasket-sealed fold-down door
- Fail-Safe Integration Technology eliminates noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input))
- preamp outputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended
- for multiple amplifiers, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- dimensions: 9-9/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-5/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # 48KXMA4002
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel marine amplifier
- Four 2" screws
- 4 Flat-washers
- 3mm Allen key
- Amplifier information sheet (Eng/Span/Fren/Ger)
- Power chart
- Kicker power certification
Customer reviews for Kicker 48KXMA400.2
More details on the Kicker 48KXMA400.2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||1k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||400 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40Hz - 5000Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10Hz - 500Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Kicker KXMA400.2 (48KXMA4002) 2-channel marine amplifier can provide 100 watts x 2 (4Ω). Both channels can also be bridged for a single 400 watt x 1 output (4Ω). Designed for the marine environment, the KXMA400.2 features marine-grade speaker terminals, stainless-steel screws, conformal-coated circuit boards, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power and ground connections.
Note: The Kicker KXMA400.2 marine amplifier is not waterproof and should not be mounted where it will get wet.
Class D Amplification: The KXMA400.2 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a compact chassis. The 2-channel amp can provide the following power output:
- 100 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- 400 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohms bridged (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
Controls & Indicators:
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select High (speaker-level) or Low (line-level).
- Input Gain Control: continuously variable from 125mV to 5V with the Input Level switch set to Low; 250mV to 10V with the Input Level switch set to High. The Gain control features a backlit "Optimal Input" LED indicator that will light if the Gain is set too high and the incoming signal starts to clip. The Gain control should be backed down just below the clipping (indicator On) point.
- Crossover Switch: 4-position switch; select Off, High Pass, Low Pass, or Bandpass; the slope is 24dB/octave.
- HP Frequency: a rotary control; continuously variable from 10Hz-500Hz.
- LP Frequency: a rotary control; range depends on Low-Pass Range switch; continuously variable from 40Hz to 500Hz at x1 setting, 400Hz to 5000Hz at the x10 setting.
- Low-Pass Range: 2-way switch sets the Low-Pass frequency range to x1 or x10.
- KickEQ+ Bass Boost: a rotary control lets you increase the bass level between 0dB and +6dB; centered at 40Hz
- Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has three methods of
turning on via a 3-way switch: +12V, DC Offset, and Audio:
- +12V: The preferred method (+12V) is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on.
- DC Offset: If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can choose to turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a DC offset is detected (>3 volts) on the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
- Audio (Signal Sense): This method detects an incoming audio
signal from your source unit (speaker-level) and automatically turns on
Note: If using either the DC Offset or Audio methods of powering the amplifier On/Off, the REM terminal becomes a +12V output that can be used for activating additional amplifiers.
- PRT LED: A red Protect LED can let you know if a problem arises.
- Flickering: A flickering PRT LED can indicate low-voltage from the battery, either from a low battery or a weak power/ground connection.
- On Solid: This can indicate Thermal Shutdown, if the amp gets too hot; Shorted speaker output; or Low Voltage, if the incoming power is not within the 10V-16V operating range.
Wire Connections: The KXMA400.2 has screw-down terminals for the power, ground, turn-on (REM), and speaker outputs. The Power and Ground slots are 0.30" wide and the Remote and Speaker slots are 0.21" wide. 8 AWG power and ground wires are recommended (sold separately). The Power and Ground terminals are ABYC/NMMA compliant for marine installations.
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 18" of the battery. It is recommended that an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit and a 60-amp external fuse be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Currently Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit is purchased with the amplifier.
Input Signal: The KXMA400.2 accepts either High (speaker-level) or Low (line-level) input signals on the single pair of RCA inputs, selectable using the input level switch on the end of the amp. When using a speaker-level input signal, add the optional Kicker KiSL speaker-level to RCA adapter (sold separately). The input sensitivity is 125mV-5V (low) or 250mV-10V (high).
Line Out: A pair of RCA Output jacks are provided as a "pass-thru" for the incoming signal, letting you run the signal out to additional amplifiers.
Dimensions: When mounted horizontally, the KXMA400.2 dimensions are:
- Width: 9.62"
- Height: 2.19"
- Depth: 8.26" (not including wire)
The Kicker 48KXMA400.2 replaces these items
- 400 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms
- speaker-level inputs and preamp outputs
- variable high-, low-, and bandpass filter
1 question already asked