About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-404C II
Stellar centre-channel sound from Klipsch
Stellar centre-channel sound from Klipsch
Klipsch's Reference Premiere speakers have been big winners with our customers over the years, delivering powerful sound with music and home theatre alike. The new Reference Premiere II line has a ton of exciting new features that take classic Klipsch sound to new heights. The RP-404C II is the smallest four-driver centre channel speaker in the series, featuring an updated tweeter, better woofers, and a sealed enclosure.
A new tweeter for clear highs
Your home theatre system is only as good as your centre channel speaker, since it's the one reproducing almost all the dialogue in a film or TV show. Klipsch made some awesome tweaks to the RP-404C II's tweeter to allow centre channel effects and voices to come through clearly and precisely.
The 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter features a vented housing that reduces standing waves that can compromise sound quality. The hallmark Tractrix® horn it's housed in has a widened mouth for better soundstaging and directivity. The horn also sports a soft silicone face and a unique phase plug to keep the highs smooth and non-fatiguing.
Better woofers give effects impact
There are two 4" Ceremetallic woofers on each side of the central tweeter. Those drivers give centre channel sound effects like explosions some punch and help reproduce voices in lower registers. Metallic woofers aren't anything new for Klipsch speakers, but the company has made significant improvements to the motor structures behind the cones.
Each woofer uses a 70% larger voice coil for greater control, speed, and accuracy. The woofers also have new aluminum shorting rings that help reduce distortion and let the drivers handle a bit more power.
A redesigned, sealed cabinet
Where and how you place your centre channel speaker is important. But sometimes an ideal spot isn't always available. Klipsch gave the 404C II a sealed cabinet to make sure you can place it almost anywhere. Got the speaker backed up against a wall? No problem. And, since there's no rear-firing port, there's no need to worry about bass waves building up behind the speaker and muddying the sound.
- 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- four 4" Cerametallic™ cone woofers
- frequency response: 87-25,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- power handling: up to 125 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet
- magnetic grille protects drivers and looks stylish
- furniture-grade walnut vinyl with scratch-resistant design and satin-painted baffles
- aluminum binding post speaker terminals with audiophile-grade internal speaker wiring
- cork pads on bottom add stability and security while helping decouple the speaker from surfaces
- 26-7/8"W x 5-3/4"H x 6-1/2"D
- weight: 20.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # 1070046
What's in the box:
- Center channel loudspeaker
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Customer reviews for Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-404C II
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-404C II
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Power Range||up to 125|
|Frequency Response||87-25k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch RP-404C II center-channel loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn for exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion. Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-404C II center-channel speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
- Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter: The titanium tweeter diaphragm's lightweight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters. A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction. Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound.
- Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology: The new larger 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn ensures a better transmission of highs and mids for a wider listening soundstage. The newly designed Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound. Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage. .
Quad 4" Cerametallic Woofers: The RP-404C II center-channel loudspeaker utilizes four 4" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofers that have been redesigned for exceptional power handling, minimum distortion, and maximum efficiency. Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency. The redesigned Cerametallic cone woofer features a 70% larger voice coill for increased power handling, new aluminum shorting rings for lower distortion, and an improved motor structure for better cone control with more speed and accuracy. The four woofers are configured in a 2.5-way design with two of the woofers handling midrange and bass frequencies, while the other two woofers handle only bass frequencies.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch RP-404C II's speaker enclosure uses furniture-grade materials and finishes. The speaker enclosure is constructed of MDF with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction utilizes internal bracing and a divided cabinet design to reduce cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy. The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch RP-404C II center-channel loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent. This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference Premiere II series center-channel speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
Placement & Mounting Options: The center channel speaker is designed to place dialog and primary sounds so that they appear to come from the TV or projector screen. The speaker should therefore be centered and placed as close to the screen as possible, preferably directly on top of or below the screen.
Note: There is no included bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker.
Reference Premiere II Series: The Klipsch Reference Premiere II series utilizes a larger hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, redesigned Cerametallic woofer cone, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that is impactful and immersive. The Reference Premiere II series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding (RP-5000F II / RP-6000F II / RP-8000F II / RP-8060FA II), bookshelf (RP-500M II / RP-600M II), center (RP-404C / RP-500C II / RP-504C), surround (RP-502S II), and Atmos speakers (RP-500SA II) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere II series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).