About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-504C II
Top-tier center-channel performance from Klipsch
Top-tier center-channel performance from Klipsch
In my years as a Crutchfield Product Advisor, Klipsch's Reference Premiere speaker line was one of my frequent go-tos. The company has revamped the line for 2022 and brought lots of new driver improvements to the table. The RP-504C II is the flagship center channel speaker in the new RP lineup, this time featuring an updated tweeter and better driver motors.
Refined horn and updated tweeter
The center channel speaker is the most important speaker in a home theater system. It handles two crucial parts of a movie's soundtrack: dialogue and center channel effects (like explosions). Klipsch made some tweaks to the speaker's tweeter for better home theater performance than ever.
The 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter features a vented housing to reduce standing waves that can compromise sound quality. The hallmark Tractrix® horn it's housed in has a widened mouth for better soundstaging and directivity. The horn also sports a soft silicone face and a unique phase plug to keep the highs smooth and non-fatiguing.
Punchy drivers for maximum impact
There are two 5-1/4" Ceremetallic woofers flanking both sides of the central tweeter. Those larger woofers provide sound effects like explosions ample punch. Metallic woofers aren't anything new for Klipsch speakers, but the company has made significant improvements to the motor structures behind the cones.
Each woofer uses a 70% larger voice coil for greater control, speed, and accuracy. The woofers also have new aluminum shorting rings that help reduce distortion and let the drivers handle a bit more power.
A ported cabinet for deeper bass
The 504C II's cabinet has a rear-firing Tractrix port that helps deepen the speaker's bass response. The port's horn shape promotes more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet, minimizing port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Where and how you place your center channel speaker is important. Since this speaker uses a ported cabinet, you don't want to place it up against a wall or the back of your entertainment center. Instead, I recommend giving the speaker some "breathing room" by pulling it away from your wall. The speaker's bass response will thank you.
- 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- four 5-1/4" Cerametallic™ cone woofers
- frequency response: 50-25,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- power handling: up to 150 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing Tractrix port
- magnetic grille protects drivers and looks stylish
- furniture-grade walnut vinyl with scratch-resistant design and satin-painted baffles
- aluminum binding post speaker terminals with audiophile-grade internal speaker wiring
- cork pads on bottom add stability and security while helping decouple the speaker from surfaces
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 32-3/16"W x 6-15/16"H x 15-1/8"D
- weight: 36.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1070042
What's in the box:
- Center channel loudspeaker
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-504C II
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Power Range||up to 150|
|Frequency Response||50-25k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch RP-504C II center-channel loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn for exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion. Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-504C II center-channel speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
- Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter: The titanium tweeter diaphragm's lightweight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters. A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction. Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound.
- Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology: The new larger 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn ensures a better transmission of highs and mids for a wider listening soundstage. The newly designed Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound. Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
Quad 5.25" Cerametallic Woofers: The RP-504C II center-channel loudspeaker utilizes four 5.25" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofers that have been redesigned for exceptional power handling, minimum distortion, and maximum efficiency. Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency. The redesigned Cerametallic cone woofer features a 70% larger voice coill for increased power handling, new aluminum shorting rings for lower distortion, and an improved motor structure for better cone control with more speed and accuracy. The four woofers are configured in a 2.5-way design with two of the woofers handling midrange and bass frequencies, while the other two woofers handle only bass frequencies.
Rear Tractrix Port: The rear Tractrix port of the RP-504C II center-channel loudspeaker is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofers, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion and turbulence even at the lowest frequencies. Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port. Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch RP-504C II's speaker enclosure uses furniture-grade materials and finishes. The speaker enclosure is constructed of MDF with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction utilizes internal bracing and a divided cabinet design to reduce cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy. The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch RP-504C II center-channel loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent. This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference Premiere II series center-channel speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
Placement & Mounting Options: The center channel speaker is designed to place dialog and primary sounds so that they appear to come from the TV or projector screen. The speaker should therefore be centered and placed as close to the screen as possible, preferably directly on top of or below the screen. The center channel loudspeaker comes with an integrated cork pad on the bottom of the speaker enclosure to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your tabletop surface.
Note: There is no included bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker.
Reference Premiere II Series: The Klipsch Reference Premiere II series utilizes a larger hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, redesigned Cerametallic woofer cone, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that is impactful and immersive. The Reference Premiere II series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding, bookshelf, center, surround, and Atmos speakers (all sold separately).
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere II series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).