About the iDatalink HRN-RR-VW1 Interface Harness
iDatalink plus VW
iDatalink plus VW
iDatalink's HRN-RR-VW1 interface harness allows you to connect a new car stereo in select 2009-up Volkswagen vehicles, working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls, navigation outputs, and amplifier turn-on in these vehicles. You'll also gain the ability to assign secondary functions to your steering wheel audio controls.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your Volkswagen's radio's wiring plugs, and your new car stereo. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness.
Extra functionality with an iDatalink-ready receiver
With an iDatalink-ready car stereo , you'll retain the use of your digital fader with your VW amplified system, along with factory Bluetooth® connectivity. You'll also be able to set up gauges on your receiver's screen to monitor engine performance, tire pressure, and other functions. You can even send navigation information from your new receiver to the multi-function display in your VW's instrument cluster.
Installation note: The HRN-RR-VW1 harness must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module to connect a new car stereo to your Volkswagen vehicle.
- allows installation of a new receiver in select Volkswagen vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls and navigation outputs in select vehicles
- retain Bluetooth with select select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood and Pioneer receivers
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, and Pioneer receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-VW1
What's in the box:
iDatalink HRN-RR-VW1 Interface Harness owner's manual
- 20" Volkswagen installation harness (for use with Maestro RR interface)
iDatalink HRN-RR-VW1 Interface Harness reviews
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-VW1 Interface Harness
Volkswagen/Audi Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-VW1 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Volkswagen & Audi vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony and Pioneer; or other aftermarket head unit.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Volkswagen & Audi vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-VW1 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately).
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR (ADS-MRR) will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR or RR2 with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-VW1 installation harness.
- Steering Wheel Control
- Bluetooth Phone & Music
- Analog or Digital Amp with Turn-On, Fader, and Gain
- Song/Artist Info & Caller ID on Multi-Function Display
- R.A.P (Retained Accessory Power)
- Climate Status Screen
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, only steering wheel control and amplifier turn-on are retained.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-VW1 harness.
- Performances Gauges
- Vehicle Information (Doors, Check Engine)
- On-Screen Parking Sensor Display
- Navigation Info on Multi-Function Display (Kenwood only)
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-VW1 installation harness contains one large Molex connector which plug into your factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are four multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module. In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-VW1 harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness.
Note: When using the HRN-RR-VW1 installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module.
This works with a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen, but idatalink's website doesn't list the wagon separately from the sedan, so Crutchfield doesn't list it as fitting. The Crutchfield advisor didn't know, so I called the manufacturer to confirm. Installed and works great.
Aaron from Chattanooga, TN