About the Pioneer TS-WX130DA
Pioneer's TS-WX130DA powered subwoofer brings you deep, soulful bass in a truly compact enclosure. At only 2-3/4” tall, this enclosure is designed to fit into those tight spots in your vehicle such as under a front seat, behind a truck seat, or inside a storage compartment. It's an excellent solution that allows you to pump up the bass while saving space.
Aluminum cone subwoofer with adjustable sound
You'll get great bass response from this enclosure's 8" x 5-1/4" woofer, which is fed 50 watts RMS by the durable built-in amplifier. An aluminum cone provides the added stiffness to combat distortion, while the urethane surround keeps the cone on track. The system's wired remote allows you to adjust your gain, low-pass filter, and phase settings, plus you can choose between two bass settings that let you adjust the speaker's dynamic range and sensitivity. This powered subwoofer gives you solid bass response and adjustability in an easy-to-stow package.
- compact powered subwoofer
- 8" x 5-1/4" sub with aluminum cone
- built-in amplifier: 50 watts RMS (160 watts peak)
- wired remote for control over:
- low-pass filter
- selectable phase control (0°, 180°)
- Bass Mode settings:
- Deep: 20 to 200 Hz frequency response, 95 dB sensitivity
- Dynamic: 40 to 160 Hz frequency response, 100 dB sensitivity
- dimensions: 11-1/8"W x 2-3/4"H x 8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TS-WX130DA
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 10.5" RCA input harness (4-pin Molex plug/2 female RCAs)
- Power harness with 16.5' power and remote turn-on leads and 6' ground wire (3-pin Molex plug)
- 10A ATO fuse in fuse holder (installed on power wire)
- Wired Digital Bass Control with attached 16.25' cable (RJ-45 plug)
- 2 Mounting feet
- Cable clamp
- 2 Self-tapping screws (M5 x 18mm)
- 2 Machine screws (M5 x 14mm)
- 2 Machine screws (M3 x 8mm)
- Adhesive backed hook-and-loop pad
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty sheet
More details on the Pioneer TS-WX130DA
Features & specs
|Finish Material||Compound resin|
|Connector Type||Harness (RCA)|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8x5.25|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||50 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||160 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Overview: The Pioneer TS-WX130DA is an amplified subwoofer with a built-in Class D amplifier. It contains an 8" x 5-1/4" cone woofer, which is driven by a 50-watt RMS (160W Max) amp. The acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure is compact enough to fit under the seat, behind the seat, or in small storage compartments. The TS-WX130DA comes with a wired Digital Bass control to let you control its volume and the frequency of the low-pass filter.
Woofer Cone: The Pioneer compact active subwoofer has an 8" x 5-1/4" aluminum cone woofer with an 18-ounce Strontium magnet and heat-resistant voice coil. The speaker has a urethane (foam) surround.
Enclosure: The TS-WX130DA features a specially designed acoustic suspension enclosure. It is made of a high density compound resin. The enclosure includes a 10" x 7" metal grille (non-removable).
Digital Bass Control: The active subwoofer comes with a wired Digital Bass Control with a 16.25' cable. From the control, you can set the Gain, and vary the Frequency Control (of the built-in low pass filter) from 50 Hz to 125 Hz. There are two selectable listening modes (Bass Modes) to choose from: Deep and Dynamic. In addition, you can switch the phase of the woofer from Normal to Reverse, if needed.
Bass Modes: There are two selectable Bass Modes to tune the unit to suit various types of music:
- Deep: The Deep mode is for bass heavy music, and has a sound that is similar to a ported enclosure. It has a wider frequency response (20 Hz to 200 Hz), and a 95dB sensitivity.
- Dynamic: The Dynamic mode has a tight, punchy bass, much like a sealed enclosure. The frequency range in narrower than the Deep setting (40 Hz to 160 Hz), with a 100dB sensitivity.
Connections: The TS-WX130DA comes with a power wiring harness as well as an RCA input harness. The power wiring harness has 16.25' lengths of 18-gauge power wire (with an in-line 10A ATO fuse) and 18-gauge turn-on lead, plus a 6' 18-gauge ground wire. The RCA input harness allows you to connect the subwoofer to an aftermarket stereo via RCA cables. If you're connecting to a factory radio (or a radio without RCA outputs), you can cut the RCA plugs off of the input harness and splice it to the speaker wires. An RJ-45 jack is provided for plugging in the Digital Bass Control cable.
Note: If you are using speaker-level inputs, the amplifier will automatically turn itself on when the head unit is turned on. When the head unit is turned off, the amplifier will turn itself off.
Controls: Two switches are located on the bottom of the unit inside the recessed connection panel. The Input Level switch should be set to "SPK" or "RCA" depending upon how the signal is input via speaker wire or RCA plugs. The Input Gain switch is set to "Normal" when using speaker level inputs or RCA inputs of less than 4V. If the RCA input signal is 4V or higher, the Input Gain switch should be set to "High."
Installation: The subwoofer comes with the hardware needed for installation. The enclosure installs using only two brackets (included) attached on opposite corners. Each bracket can be installed at 0°, 45°, or 90°. All of the power, remote, and signal connections are made in a recessed area on the bottom of the unit. The wires exit through a channel on the side of the unit. The included cable clamp holds the power, remote, and signal wires in place as they exit the channel.
- Frequency Response:
- Deep: 20 Hz to 200 Hz
- Dynamic: 40 Hz to 160 Hz
- Sensitivity (In Car, Input 2V):
- Deep: 95 dB
- Dynamic: 100 dB
- Input Level:
- Deep: 60mV + 60mV (22 kΩ)
- Dynamic: 30mV + 30mV (22 kΩ)
- Speaker Line:
- Deep: 1.2V + 1.2mV (5 kΩ)
- Dynamic: 0.6V + 0.6V (5 kΩ)
- Power Output:
- Nominal: 50 watts (80 Hz, 1% THD)
- Maximum: 160 watts (80 Hz, 35% THD)
- Dimensions: Width 11.106", Height 2.794", Depth 7.981"
- Weight: 7 pounds 11 ounces
The Pioneer TS-WX130DA replaces these items
- built-in amplifier (50 watts nominal, 150 watts peak)
- two 7"x4" polypropylene woofers with rubber surround
- dimensions: 13-3/8"W x 9-7/8"D x 2-3/8"H
6 questions already asked