About the Crutchfield CK4
Deliver the power your amp deserves
Deliver the power your amp deserves
Crutchfield's 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit contains the wire and hardware necessary to supply power to your amplifier safely, efficiently, and economically. This wiring kit does not include RCA patch cables or speaker wire. You may need to purchase those items separately, in order to complete your installation.
Power ratings and amp efficiency
Most amplifiers come in two distinct "Classes" of technology with different efficiencies and power wire size requirements. Class AB amps typically feature 50% to 60% efficiency, while Class D amps are usually 75% to 80% efficient. This Crutchfield wiring kit was designed to accommodate the energy demands of a Class AB amplifier with a total output of up to 700 watts RMS, or a Class D amp with up to 1,100 watts RMS output.
Crutchfield wire is made of oxygen-free copper, with no impurities that could raise its resistance to a signal's flow or add interference. Crutchfield wire meets all Consumer Technology Association (CTA-2015) standards for size, resistance, and insulation quality.
- amplifier wiring kit
- RCA cables and speaker wire not included
- maximum power ratings: Class AB: 700 watts RMS, Class D: 1100 watts RMS
- oxygen-free copper wires meet all ANSI and CEA standards
- 17 feet (5.2m) of 4-gauge red power wire with ring terminal
- 3 feet (0.9m) of 4-gauge black ground wire with ring terminal
- 17 feet (5.2m) of 18-gauge blue remote turn-on lead wire
- brass mini-ANL fuse holder and two 50A fuses (100A total rating)
- assorted hardware
- 6 feet (1.8m) of 4-gauge black split loom
- 4-gauge firewall bushing
- two 22-18-gauge butt connectors
- six wire ties
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CK4
What's in the box:
- 17' Length of 4AWG power wire (red translucent jacket and terminated with ring-terminal on one end)
- 3' Length of 4AWG ground wire (black translucent jacket and terminated by a ring-terminal on one end)
- 17' Length of 18AWG remote turn-on wire (blue jacket)
- Fuse holder
- Two 50A Mini-ANL fuses (installed in fuse holder)
- Firewall bushing
- 2 Butt-connectors
- 6' Length of split loom
- 6 Wire ties
Crutchfield CK4 reviews
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Crutchfield CK4
Features & Dimensions
Power & Ground Wire:
- Gauge: 4 AWG
- Wire Construction: Tinned Oxygen Free Copper (1862 strands)
- Length: 17' (Power), 3' (Ground)
- Diameter: 0.425"
- Terminal Type: Nickel-plated brass ring-terminal (on Power & Ground wire)
- Terminal Diameter: Outer Diameter = 0.635", Inner Diameter = 0.315"
- Fuse Type: Mini-ANL (x2)
- Fuse Size: Two 50A fuses in the parallel arrangement provide 100 total amps of protection (pre-installed in fuse-holder)
- Fuse Holder: The included fuse holder should be installed within 18" of the battery; a 4mm Allen wrench is required for installation (not included)
Remote Turn-On Wire:
- Gauge: 18 AWG
- Wire Construction: Tinned Oxygen Free Copper (16 strands)
- Length: 17'
- Diameter: 0.105"
- Grommet: 4 AWG firewall bushing
- Butt-connectors: 22-18 AWG butt-connectors (2)
- Loom: 6' length of 4 AWG split-loom
- Wire-ties: 6
- RCA cables and speaker wire not included (sold separately)
- Installation tools sold separately
17 questions already asked
Came with almost everything you would need for an amp install, however if running a capacitor it does not come with extra ring terminals to connect to said cap, so be mindful but is perfect otherwise.
Nicholas from APPLING, GA