About the AudioSource AD5012
Amplify your whole-house music system
Amplify your whole-house music system
One of the most important steps of planning your multi-room music system is choosing the right amplification. AudioSource's AD5012 is a great option for large homes. It's a high-current, multi-zone amp that powers up to six pairs of speakers simultaneously. It's flexible too. Play the same source through all six zones, or have a different source play in each of your rooms.
Drive your speakers with authority
AudioSource equipped the '5012 with plenty of horsepower for your speakers. It delivers 50 watts per channel into eight ohms, and a robust 75 watts per channel into four ohms. Need even more juice to drive your heavy-duty outdoor or floor-standing speakers? Bridge two channels together and get a mighty 125 watts per channel into eight ohms.
The AD5012 offers two pairs of RCA inputs, as well as one optical digital input. These are handy for playing multiple sources in your various listening rooms at the same time. Each zone also has a dedicated pair of RCA inputs for playing a "local" source in that room only.
Want to expand your multi-room system? Use the RCA outputs to feed audio signals to an additional amp of your choice.
Multiple power-on options
The '5012 can be turned on manually, or automatically when it detects a source. It's also 12-volt trigger compatible, so you can have it turn on when another piece of equipment is fired up.
- 12-channel amplifier with 6 independent playback zones
- play the same source through all 6 zones, or have a different source play in each one
- 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.2% THD with all channels driven
- 75 watts per channel into 4 ohms
- 125 watts x 6 bridged into 8 ohms (at 1 kHz)
- high-efficiency switching amplifier design
- Over Temperature Protection (OTP) gently reduces power if temperature gets too high, preventing shutoff
- Over Current Protection (OCP) differentiates between a direct short and a dynamically low speaker impedance
- detachable speaker connectors
- optical digital input for connecting a TV, CD player, or network streaming device
- rear-panel bass and treble controls
- rear-mounted, independent level controls for each channel
- Bus 1 and Bus 2 RCA inputs can be assigned to any channel so that different sources are available for each zone
- each pair of bus inputs has a corresponding output that can be daisy-chained to another amplifier
- discrete pairs of "local" RCA inputs for each zone
- three power-on modes (normal, signal-sensing, trigger)
- infrared remote control included
- rack-mountable with included hardware
- two-rack spaces high (3.5" tall without feet)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- 16-11/16"W x 4"H x 14-3/4"D
- weight: 34.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AD5012
What's in the box:
- 12-Channel/6-Zone power amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 12 Phoenix-style connectors (pre-installed)
- 2 Rack-mount brackets
- 4 Short screws
- 4 Long screws
- Owner's Manual
More details on the AudioSource AD5012
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||12|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||50|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||75|
|Bridged Power per Channel||125 watts|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||9|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
AudioSource AD Series: AudioSource AD series digital amplifiers are designed for home and commercial audio distribution systems where high quality sound, flexibility, and reliability are essential. The AD series offers high efficiency and exclusive features that will make their installation and use easy and convenient.
12-Channel Power Amplifier: The AudioSource AD5012 is a 12-channel amplifier that is designed for distributed audio applications. The amplifier can be configured for Stereo (4-ohm minimum) or Bridged (8-ohm minimum) output.
- Stereo (8-ohm): 50 watts x 12 channel @ 20-20kHz with <0.2 THD+N
- Stereo (4-ohm): 75 watts x 12 channel @ 20-20kHz with <0.2 THD+N
- Bridged Mono (8-ohm): 125 watts x 6 channel @ 1kHz with <0.2 THD+N
6 Zones: The AD5012 can distribute audio to 6 Zones. You can configure the amplifier to play the same source input (Bus 1/Bus 2) in each Zone, group source inputs (Bus 1/Bus 2) in specific Zones, or have different sources (Line In 1-12) playing in each Zone. Each Zone can consist of one pair of stereo speaker, two speakers in mono, or one Bridged-mono speaker. Each Zone also has independent level control.
Bus Line Inputs & Outputs: The AD5012 has two "common" or Bus inputs that receive audio signals from standard line-level audio sources and sends them to any or all channels and zone. The two pair of Bus line outputs are direct feed-through to allow the Bus inputs to be fed to other amplifiers.
- Bus Level Controls: Each Bus has its own independent level adjustment. This allows the output level of each Bus to be adjusted to make up for different source levels, or to group two different source's volume levels. The Bus Level Control can be operated from the rear-panel or remote control in 1dB increments.
- Bus Bass & Treble Controls: Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) can be adjusted (from -12 to +12B) independently for Bus 1 and Bus 2.
Optical Digital Input: The AudioSource AD5012 also features an optical (toslink) digital input that is assigned to Bus 1. This digital input only supports 2ch PCM (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS).
Individual Channel Input: In addition to the Bus line inputs & Optical digital input, the AD5012 offers a dedicated input for each of the twelve output channels, so you can have a discrete source playing through each connected speaker.
Phoenix-Style Speaker Outputs: The AD5012 uses high-quality Phoenix-style connectors for each speaker output (1-12). The Phoenix-style connectors can accept 14-18 gauge speaker wire. There are two sets of Phoenix-style connectors in each Zone (1-6), so you can connect two speakers in stereo, two speakers in mono, or one speaker in Bridged-mono in each Zone.
- Source Selection: Each output channel (1-12) is capable of delivering source audio from on of 3 inputs - Bus 1, Bus 2, or Line In. You can choose to play the same source or different sources from each output channel.
- Gain Control: Each output channel (1-12) has its own independent level adjustment. This allows the output level of each speaker to be perfectly matched to its area. It can also be used to limit the maximum audio level in a certain area.
IR Remote: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the power amplifier. Remote functions consist of Power On/Off, Bus 1 Volume Up/Down, Bus 2 Volume Up/Down, and Mute.
Trigger Input/Output: The AD5012 is outfitted with a trigger input and output, each consisting of a 3.5mm minijack terminal. The 3.5mm trigger input will accept a 3-30V AC/DC output from another electronic component device to turn the amplifier On from Standby mode. The AD5012 also provides a 3.5mm trigger output (12V/500mA) to turn on and off another electronic component device.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The AD5012 comes with a detachable 6' AC power cord which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner.
Mounting Options: The AudioSource AD5012 power amplifier features four heavy-duty feet and can simply be placed on top of a flat surface; like a table-top, shelf, or stand. You can also remove the four feet and rack-mount the amplifier using the included rack-mount ears and screws.
6 questions already asked