About the Polk Audio Signature Elite ES55
A high-performance tower for movies and music
A high-performance tower for movies and music
Polk's Signature Elite ES55 floor-standing speaker will shine in your stereo setup or home theater. Use a pair to deliver refreshingly clean high-resolution sound for music or as front left/right speakers in a surround sound setup. Their sleek, rounded design will make a nice visual addition to your room, too.
Built for smooth sound
The ES55 is made with high-quality materials for natural, low-distortion sound. Its cabinet houses a 1" high-resolution Terylene dome tweeter for clear, detailed highs and realistic reproduction of instruments and vocals. Two highly efficient 6-1/2" Dynamic Balance® woofers are made of lightweight yet durable mica-reinforced polypropylene. Non-resonant MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) construction and an anti-diffraction magnetic grille minimize sound-muddying vibration and distortion. Polk's exclusive Power Port technology enhances bass impact.
- two 6-1/2" mica-reinforced polypropylene Dynamic Balance® cone drivers
- 1" Terylene high-res dome tweeter
- handles up to 200 watts
- frequency response: 34-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- Power Port® technology for enhanced bass response
- non-resonant MDF cabinet
- dual 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- anti-diffraction magnetic grilles for minimal sonic interference
- includes stabilizing feet
Dimensions and warranty:
- 11-3/4"W x 41-9/16"H x 12-3/8"D (with base)
- weight: 44 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 300368-01-00-005
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Grille (attached)
- 4 Feet (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration
More details on the Polk Audio Signature Elite ES55
Features & specs
|Finish||MDF, Wood-grain vinyl|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Mica-reinforced polypropylene|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||34-40k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Dynamic Balance Drivers: Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance. Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion. Using just the right materials enables Polk to eliminate issues that reduce speaker performance and tune out performance-robbing resonances before they occur. Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to. The Polk Signature Elite ES55 floor-standing loudspeaker incorporates a Dynamic Balance two-way driver array with one 1" tweeter and two 6.5" woofers.
- Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter: The Signature Elite ES55 floor-standing loudspeaker utilizes Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter to deliver clear and detailed high-end response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments. It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
- Dual 6.5" Mica-Reinforced Polypropylene Woofers: The Signature Elite ES55 floor-standing speaker employs two 6.5" Dynamic Balance low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene cone woofers for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic midrange and midbass. This mica-reinforced polypropylene woofers feature butyl rubber surrounds, massive ceramic motor structures, and high-temperature Conex fiber spiders that combine to create drivers of exceptionally high efficiency, for clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Phase-Optimized Precision Crossover: The Signature Elite Series floorstanding speaker employs a high-performance two-way, phase-optimized precision crossover (2.4kHz) for seamless blending and optimum time alignment of the tweeter & woofers, creating a lifelike soundstage.
Power Port Technology: The Signature Elite ES55 floor-standing incorporates Polk's Power Port technology with a specially designed down-firing port. Power Port technology smoothly transition air flow from inside the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence and distortion. Polk's patented Power Port technology delivers 3dB more bass response than a traditional ported speaker. Because the port is located on the bottom of the floor-standing speaker, its not necessary to position to the loudspeaker a certain amount of feet from wall - giving you greater placement flexibility.
Non-Resonant Enclosure: The floor-standing speaker's strong, rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration. And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, extra bracing, and a thick front baffle ensure a more lifelike sound. The enclosure's curved edges not only look cool, they reduce standing waves inside the cabinet for less audible coloration. The enclosure comes in a beautiful black, white, or walnut wood-grain vinyl finish.
Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille: The Signature Elite ES55 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound. The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove the grille from the floor-standing speaker.
Dual 5-Way Binding Posts: The floor-standing loudspeaker has two sets of 5-way binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual 5-way binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. The 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual). The speaker terminals are color coded for easy identification between positive (red) and negative (black).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Dual-Floor Compatible Feet: Customized for improved stability and bass coupling to the floor, the floor-standing loudspeaker's feet are designed for both carpet and hard surface floors. The feet come pre-installed and should not be removed.
Application & Placement: The Signature Elite ES55 floor-standing speakers can be used as front and/or surround speakers in a home theater setup. They can also be used in a simple stereo application. If your AV receiver offers built-in bass management, the ES55 should be set to "Large" for an unfiltered, full-range audio signal.
- Placement for Front Speakers: As a pair of front speakers in a home theater or stereo setup, create an equilateral triangle between the speakers and the listening position - with the speakers placed as far apart from one another as the listeners are sitting from them. You may also choose to angle the speakers toward the middle to support a more solid center image.
- Placement for Surround Speakers: As surround speakers, the ES55 should be placed on a side wall slightly behind the listening position. If you cannot place the speakers on the side walls, position them on the rear wall just behind the listening area.
Signature Elite Series: Polk designed its Signature Elite Series of loudspeakers to bring a big surround sound and a live music experience into the comfort of your living room at an affordable price. Featuring Hi-Res certification with a new high-resolution Terylene tweeter, redesigned Dynamic Balance drivers, precision crossovers, an anti-diffraction magnetic grille, modern cabinet styling and exclusive Power Port bass enhancing technology, Polk's Signature Elite series loudspeakers deliver crystal clear highs, detailed midrange, and deep bass; plus they look great in almost any decor. The Signature Elite Series by Polk consists of three floorstanding speakers, three bookshelf loudspeakers, one center-channel speaker, and one LCR speaker.
- Floorstanding Speakers: ES50, ES55, ES60
- Bookshelf Speakers: ES10, ES15, ES20
- Center-Channel Speaker: ES30
- LCR Speaker: ES35
Note: You may also want to add one of Polk Audio's powered subwoofers (sold separately) for even more bass response.
The Polk Audio Signature Elite ES55 replaces these items
- 1" Terylene high-res dome tweeter
- dual 6-1/2" mica-reinforced polypropylene Dynamic Balance® cone drivers
- frequency response: 32-40,000 Hz