About the Kenwood KAC-M5024BT
Power for your music on land or sea
Power for your music on land or sea
Kenwood's compact KAC-M5024BT four-channel marine and powersports amplifier delivers a solid 50 watts RMS per channel, over-powering noise from wind, water, or the trail, and adding clarity and impact to your music. The amp features conformal-coated circuit boards and protective covers for its connections, so the music won't stop just because the amp got a little wet or dirty.
KAC-5024BT Bluetooth remote
Stream music wirelessly — no receiver necessary
The KAC-M5024BT comes with a wired remote control Bluetooth adapter so you can play your tunes through the amp wirelessly from your compatible phone or other devices without needing a factory radio or aftermarket receiver. There are no wired RCA inputs — the amp uses the wireless Bluetooth signal for its input. The remote controls volume and track selection, and comes with a flush-mount bracket. Like the amp, the remote is IP67/IP66 rated against water, spray, and dirt, so you can mount it in a handy position, even exposed to the elements.
KAC-M5024BT control panel with cover removed
- compact 4-channel powersports/marine amplifier with Bluetooth connectivity
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- Bluetooth input only — connection via wired remote controller
- Apt X technology improves Bluetooth sound quality
- supports AAC files for iPhone® users
- USB port for charging your portable device
- IP67/IP66 rated chassis and conformal-coated circuit boards
- preamp outputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- amp dimensions: 9-3/4"W x 2"H x 4-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KAC-M5024BT
What's in the box:
Kenwood KAC-M5024BT owner's manual
- 4-Channel moto-marine amplifier
- 14" Power/ground/output harness (installed) w/ inline 40A ATO fuse
- Wired remote control w/ attached 8' cable
- Flush-mount bracket for remote
- Four 5/8" screws
- One 1/8" screw
- 1-1/4" Double-sided adhesive pad
- Installation instructions
- Warranty information
Kenwood KAC-M5024BT reviews
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Kenwood KAC-M5024BT
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||50 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||89 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||4|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Marine Amplifier: The Kenwood KAC-M5024BT is a Class-D 4-channel amplifier that can provide 50 watts RMS per channel into a 4Ω or 75 watts per channel into a 2Ω load, and is designed for the marine environment. The marine amp carries an IP66/67, ASTM B117 waterproof rating.
Note: The KAC-M5024BT is designed for Bluetooth audio playback only and does not include any high- or low-level audio inputs.
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20Hz to 20kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 50 watts RMS x 4 (@4Ω, 14.4V, 20Hz-20kHz, ≤ 1.0% THD+N)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 74dBA
- Power Output:
- 2Ω: 75 watts RMS x 4 (@2Ω, 14.4V, 20Hz-20kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- Bridged: 150W x 2 (@4Ω, 14.4V, 20Hz-20kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 89dB (at rated power output)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-20kHz (+0/-3 dB)
Amplifier Topology: The KAC-M5024BT is a Class-D amplifier with performance-enhancing features:
- Increased Power Flow: Heavy-duty internal terminals for power and ground help increase the current flow from the battery connection to the internal circuitry, providing enhanced sound quality and bass reproduction.
- High-Quality Capacitors: The KAC-M5024BT features PMLCAPs (Polymer Multi-Layer Capacitors), for clear detailed sound with less distortion.
- Magnetic Shielding: The marine amplifier's output coils include magnetic shields to reduce radiated noise and increase sound quality.
- Waterproof & Dustproof: The KAC-M5024BT is IPX66/67 certified, allowing it to resist high-pressure heavy sprays of water.
- Salt Spray Proof: ASTM B117 salt spray and salt fog corrosion testing ensures the amp will not corrode or fail in saltwater and other harsh environments.
- Vibration Proof: The amplifier is made with a thick 1/4" die-cast frame that suppresses vibration. The raised middle section on the underside of the amp provides a "drain tunnel", helping prevent moisture buildup.
Bluetooth Connectivity: The KAC-M5024BT is designed for Bluetooth audio streaming from a smartphone, tablet, or other Bluetooth-enabled playback device. The amplifier is compatible with high-quality codecs such as aptX, SBC, and AAC, and supports A2DP and AVRCP profiles. Up to 5 Bluetooth devices can be paired to the amp, letting multiple users stream music. Up to 2 devices can be connected at the same time, letting you quickly switch playback from one to the other.
SMART Remote Control: A wired SMART remote control is included with the Kenwood amplifier, providing the Bluetooth pairing, connection, and control. Its attached 8' connection cable lets you keep the remote within easy reach while the amp can be mounted out-of-sight. The remote control can be flush-mounted to a dash or console using the provided bracket, or can be surface-mounted using the provided double-sided adhesive pad. Along with providing the Bluetooth connection to your device, the SMART remote control includes the following controls:
- Play/Pause/Pairing: A single button is used for Pairing a playback device, as well as Playing and Pausing the music.
- Arrow Buttons: Two arrow buttons let you skip tracks forward or backwards. If held, they can be used for fast-forward or fast-backward functions.
- Bluetooth Indicators: Two Blue LEDs will light solid to indicate a Bluetooth connection, and will flash during the Pairing process.
- EQ/Preout: A push-button lets you select from 7 preset EQ modes - Natural, Rock, Pops, Easy, Top40, Jazz, and Powerful. If the button is pressed and held, the RCA pre-out can be activated. A Preout LED will light when activated.
- EQ Mode Indicator: Seven LEDs can light to indicate which EQ preset is currently selected. This also provides a visual indicator for the Preout volume level, when activated.
- Volume/Control Knob: A rotary dial can adjust the Bluetooth Audio volume level for the amplifier. When the Preout is activated, this controls the level of the output signal: -50dB (Min) to +10dB (Max). If the Volume is pressed and held, this turns the Dimmer function On/Off.
Protection Circuits: The Kenwood KAC-M5024BT uses a microprocessor to provide protection against over-heating, shorted speaker wires, low impedance on an output channel, and DC signals from being sent to the speaker outputs.
Controls: The Kenwood marine amplifier's control panel includes a screw-down cover for protection from the elements.
- Fader: A rotary control lets you adjust the signal difference between the front and rear output channels
- Filter Frequency: rotary dials for each set of channels (1/2 & 3/4) can be adjusted from 50Hz to 200Hz for either High-Pass or Low-Pass filtering.
- Crossover: 3-position switch for each set of channels (1/2 & 3/4); LPF/Off/HPF
- Output: 2-position switch (2Ch & 3/4Ch) determines how each set of output channels will be configured - 3 or 4 channel mode, or both sets of channels bridged mono.
Connections: All of the KAC-M5024BT input and output connections are provided on a single 14" non-removable harness:
- RCA Outputs: Two pair of stereo RCA outputs can be used to pass the Bluetooth audio signal out to additional amplifiers or powered speakers
- Wired Remote Control: A 10-pin harness lets you connect the included wired remote control
- Speaker Outputs: four pair of 16 ga. wires
- Power & Ground: two 10 ga. wires provide the power and ground inputs. An 8 ga. amplifier wiring kit is recommended (sold separately)
- Remote Turn-on: an 18 ga. wire is used to activate the amplifier. This can be connected to a switched power source, allowing the amp to be powered on when the craft's electrical system is activated
- Fuses: a single 40-amp ATO fuse is provided on the power input wire
The Kenwood KAC-M5024BT replaces these items
- 90 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- wireless Bluetooth connection via wired remote controller
- conformal-coated circuit boards — suitable for sport and marine applications
6 questions already asked
Perfect application for my 2019 Harley Davidson Electa Glide Standard. I Added Two 6.5's in the fairing and two 6x9's to the saddle bags. Lots of punch in such small of an amplifier.
Matthew from Ventura, CA